• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Is there a lead OU pokemon that has a resistance to fire and ground

I'm not sure about its effectiveness in Platinum, but I know that people used to run a Gyarados lead set. I think it was DD/ Thunder Wave/ Waterfall/ Return, but I'm not entirely sure.

I would prefer running the standard BulkyDos set however as a lead.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
156 HP/ 108 Atk/ 100 Def/ 144 Spe

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Taunt

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
Wow, this place changed a bit!

Brittney is mod again! He went missing, presumed dead. Came to dance on hi--I mean, come to his aid.

Well, lemme ask this question. I'm tryin gto get back into the swing of things, get back in the game. I saw on serebii that Vileplume learns Teeter Dance in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Confusion, in my humble opinion, has never been a terrible status to inflict, especially for those high risk gamblers. Seeing how my file was deleted, I may use a CofusionPlume. Any suggesitions?

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
Years
I was wondering, since CAP (the create a pokemon server) is hosted by the guys at smogon, would it be okay for someone to post a cap RMT or Battle Log in the pokecommunity forums?

also are roost and fly affected by gravity?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I was wondering, since CAP (the create a pokemon server) is hosted by the guys at smogon, would it be okay for someone to post a cap RMT or Battle Log in the pokecommunity forums?

also are roost and fly affected by gravity?

I'm sure no one would mind a battle log with a CAP pokemon in it...I'd actually enjoy reading one of those. Idk about the RMT really since most people here aren't well versed in CAP strategies. You could PM a mod and see what they think :D

Roost is not affected, but the use of the move Fly is prevented when gravity is on the field.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Wow, this place changed a bit!

Brittney is mod again! He went missing, presumed dead. Came to dance on hi--I mean, come to his aid.

Well, lemme ask this question. I'm tryin gto get back into the swing of things, get back in the game. I saw on serebii that Vileplume learns Teeter Dance in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Confusion, in my humble opinion, has never been a terrible status to inflict, especially for those high risk gamblers. Seeing how my file was deleted, I may use a CofusionPlume. Any suggesitions?
Maybe use Stun Spore / Teeter Dance / Leech Seed / Energy Ball or Grass Knot. Hit it on the switch with Stun Spore, then Teeter Dance, next Leech Seed. 8D I don't know if it would work though lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Unfortunately, it won't...

See, Leech Seed is an event move, so Leech Seed & Teeter Dance is illegal. I know, unfortunate.

Well you could use a Hidden Power, Sludge Bomb, Aroma or even something like Synthesis over Leech Seed since Plume has alot of options.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Or maybe even...

SOLAR BEAM?

When will shoddy updatte the changes?

Or even Toxic, can never go wrong with that. XD

Well there is a server on the front page of shoddy, called the HG/SS server, me and Luke are on it now. That has all the changes.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Okay so I have a quick question.
I have a Jirachi with Iron Head for flinch hax.
Does flinching happen if Raci is slower than the opponent?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Okay so I have a quick question.
I have a Jirachi with Iron Head for flinch hax.
Does flinching happen if Raci is slower than the opponent?
No, it only happens when Jirachi strikes first.

Edit: Beaten. :<

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
No, only if you are faster.

No, it only happens when Jirachi strikes first.

Edit: Beaten. :<

Okay so then Jolly Jirachi it is. I was going to do a more defensive set but the Speed sacrafice would make me lose flinch hax so I'v decided...

Jirachi @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-U Turn

To set-up SR. I can always U-Turn out if I come up with a bad match-up.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
Okay so then Jolly Jirachi it is. I was going to do a more defensive set but the Speed sacrafice would make me lose flinch hax so I'v decided...

Jirachi @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-U Turn

To set-up SR. I can always U-Turn out if I come up with a bad match-up.

why not switch out fire punch with trick and replace life orb with choice scarf to really make use of iron head flinching? trick comes into play when you face off against bronzong and other slower pokemon then u-turn your way out

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
why not switch out fire punch with trick and replace life orb with choice scarf to really make use of iron head flinching? trick comes into play when you face off against bronzong and other slower pokemon then u-turn your way out

Ugh I hate TrickRachi but I'll consider annoying my opponents with it. I needed Fire Punch on Jirachi in relation to the rest of my team, which is majorly Scizor weak, and Psyschic mono. The problem is Bronzong is like neverused in OU.

Zakarii

Pekachu Puhrity <3
Years
Quick Question: Is Thunderpunch worth putting on Metagross? Here he is currently,
Metagross@______?
252 Atk, 126 Hp, 126 S.Def
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

I've found Bullet punch extremely useful in the past, and I find myself using Meteor Mash the most So I don't intend on changing either. I dont use Earthquake as much as I thought I would considering Metagross's weakness to Fire+Fighting, but I still use it enough so that it's more useful than Thunderpunch. Unfortunetly, I dont have acess to Explosion, so it really isnt an option. So, is Thunderpunch Worth it? Give me your thoughts :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Quick Question: Is Thunderpunch worth putting on Metagross? Here he is currently,
Metagross@ Choice Band / Life Orb / Leftovers
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe (it allows you to outrun opposing Metagross)
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

I've found Bullet punch extremely useful in the past, and I find myself using Meteor Mash the most So I don't intend on changing either. I dont use Earthquake as much as I thought I would considering Metagross's weakness to Fire+Fighting, but I still use it enough so that it's more useful than Thunderpunch. Unfortunetly, I dont have acess to Explosion, so it really isnt an option. So, is Thunderpunch Worth it? Give me your thoughts :)
Yeah, usually hit Fire-types on the switch with Earthquake. And, Metagross isn't weak to Fighting, his only weaknesses are Fire and Ground. ;o

Since you don't have access to Explosion, ThunderPunch is usually the best option. It hits bulky waters like Vaporeon, Suicune, etc.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Ok, I really hate to ask this, but I'm in a bit of a stump. Can anyone name a list of ALL special sweepers that come to mind? That includes UU & OU. This'll help me figure out this TEEM of mine that will thrash Dark Anti Brittneyboy.
Ummm..okay I'll do OU for you.

OU

• Latias
  • Heatran
  • Alakazam
  • Empoleon
  • Gengar
  • Infernape
  • Jirachi
  • Jolteon
  • Porygon-Z
  • Rotom-A