• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen The Good,Bad and Ugly Moments

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
We've all had those moments. A moment where you want to scream "Eureka!" across the neighbourhood because of an amazing acheivement or successfully capturing a shiny.

Then there are the depressing ones. Ones that make you gloomy and grumpy for a whole week. Like losing to a gym leader or champion at the last minute and forgetting to save. I'm certain that's happened to me before.

Finally, there's the ugly. Something that wanted to make you never set your eyes on it again.

What are your tales from the 4th Generation?

Thread originally create by RainbowArcanine

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The Ice Cave in HG/SS seriously stumped me, so I had to look up a YouTube video on how to solve it to navigate.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Candace's Gym in Diamond and Pearl was insane for me. >.< It took me over an hour to finish it.
Aside from that, I remember being stuck forever trying to figure out how to get Fantina to come back in DP xD I wandered around forever and never realized that you had to talk to the Grunt in Pastoria.

Years
The Ice Cave in HG/SS seriously stumped me, so I had to look up a YouTube video on how to solve it to navigate.

That happened to me too, I had to watch a video on YouTube as well to solve that puzzle.

As for Gym Leaders, Candice's was so hard. This is why I hate puzzles in Ice-type Gyms. Bugsy, Fantina and Volkner also get a special mention.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
What made you scream in the 4th Generation?

So what makes you scream in either D/P/Pt or HG/SS? It could be a certain wild Pokemon with annoying moves or abilities. A trainer, champion? They don't have to be battle related either. Strength puzzles made me scream and rage my head off.

Or having to head back to the Pokemon Center which is ages away, because you forgot to bring a handy supply of revives and potions?

Discuss your 4th Gen rage moments here!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I didn't really have many rage moments tbh, although the only one I can recall and sort of consider to be a rage moment is when I quit playing the game for about a week because I I would non-stop get bombarded with zubats, gravellers, golbats all through Mt. Coronet.

...now that I lay it all out, I suppose it was a rage moment. xD

Years
When I didn't have any clue how to finish the Distortion World puzzle in Platinum. It took me about 10 minutes before I rage quit, and finally looked up a video on Youtube on how to finally finish the puzzle. Another thing that had me raging was the Champion battle. I got down to her last Pokémon, Milotic, before she managed to slaughter my entire team. I was way underleveled at the time so it wasn't unexpected but still I raged.

.Scream

Professor
Years
The use of HM moves when climbing Mt. Coronet to fight Cyrus; I had to take out my Geodude and store my Mismagius :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
In HG its Lance, i reset the game for 10-15 times to beat it... ya..

Years
Zubat >.> so, so many Zubat. Make the Zubat go away?

Any time flash is required to get through a cave (I always go the cerulean way to the power plant because of this).

The fact that there's almost nothing useful around to go against Gardenia.

Fisherman with a team of Magikarp.

The list goes on but those are the main ones.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i only screamed on the inside but when i went to catch rotom really late at night i saw the ghost

Years
Zubat in the caves and the use of HM moves make me mad.

Also, Fishermen with Magikarp-only teams and when I have to waste an item on something with a status condition.

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
Catching Suicune, Latios, Raikou, etc.
Raikou was the worst- he was at literally 1 hp and I couldn't catch him with my ultra balls.
I eventually gave up and asked my friend for some of his 99999 master balls.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The inability to remove Youngster Joey from your Pokégear.
You just don't understand how true this is. Haha. Personally, I found all friends to be annoying to receive a call from. It was interesting at the start, but after a little while you start to see the same old repeated phrases. The one that annoyed me the most though, was definitely my mum, haha.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Lucian. I used over 20 revives just on his Alakazam. Also, Cynthia's Garchomp. The others were easy for me but Garchomp was troublesome.

Years
I definitely didn't scream, but finding out that I needed Rock Climb to make it to the top of Mt. Silver really bothered me. I had finally built up my perfect team to take on Red, but I ended up having to change my strategy because not only did I not have anyone with Rock Climb, but none of my 6 party members could even learn it.

That, and trying to hunt down and catch the roamers in Platinum and HeartGold was almost scream worthy.

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
When I was catching Lugia in Soulsilver. I was down to my last Ultra ball, and it didn't make it. I also forgot to save beforehand, so I had to start at the start of Whirl Islands. :l

Back