• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen The Good,Bad and Ugly Moments

Years
Facepalm moments in the 4th Gen

I've seen threads like this and after some browsing I don't think there's one here yet.

Have you ever had that moment where you suddenly fail to notice something? Like for example, in Diamond & Pearl you need to go to the Lost Tower to get Strength or not knowing where to find that Tyrogue in HeartGold & SoulSilver's Mt. Mortar?

Discuss your failure and facepalm moments here!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Yeah in Platinum in the after game, trying to find Dialga and Palkia. I had acquired the Orbs and headed straight to the Spear Pillar. I had forgotten to talk to the elders, so they didn't appear.

I spent a whole hour, silently hoping they would appear. After a while I gave up :P.
And having no clue how to get an Exp. Share until my friend mentioned it ._.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Well, I was playing Diamond when I was younger, and I couldn't find out how to open the door at the Wind Turbine place, I think it is called the valley window works or something, just because I didn't explore the whole town XD

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Well, I was playing Diamond when I was younger, and I couldn't find out how to open the door at the Wind Turbine place, I think it is called the valley window works or something, just because I didn't explore the whole town XD

Oh, I remember doing that ages ago xD! I couldn't be bothered to talk to the Galactic Grunt at the entrance because I thought he'd block me off like the grunts at the bridge :P. You're not the only one :D...

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Darn Gym in Cerulean. Misty disappeared, and it took me forever to realize that she was at the cape. Blegh.
Another was when I didn't realize you could get Rock Smash before even finishing the first gym. I did a lot of backtracking to get that one...

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
My biggest facepalm moment was when I found Entei and Raikou whilst surfing on Route 42. Seriously, whut da heyll?

BiGoDeViN28

Psalm 141:3
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Anything with supersonic. Wild or tamed, the enemy Pokemon spams you with it until your Soul is broken and your team has withered into a remedial middle school english class.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
The fact that they feels so much slower than Gen 5. It's hard to go back and forth between them.

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
That damn Minesweeper game in the Game Corner in HG. I wanted a Dratini so bad but that game just made me rage quit over and over. I eventually handed my game off to my older brother and he racked up the points in no time. Now I feel like I can't restart because I'll lose that Dratini.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Catching Mespirt on Diamond the first time for me was my hardest catch ever. Everytime I was right on top of , it went somewhere else. It took me 75 Ultra Balls just to catch the darn thing.

So catching and chasing after all those roaming Pokemon is what made me scream cause there was so many of them.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
In Pearl: Mt. Coronet. I was like only 10 when I first went though it so it was pretty tough.

In Platinum: The Distortion World. I've had the game since early '11 and I barely beat it around March (not because of the Distortion World but because it got boring)

In HeartGold: SRing for a Giratina. It took about 80 soft resets and having to watch the movie 80 times to get the nature I wanted.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
In Pearl: Mt. Coronet. I was like only 10 when I first went though it so it was pretty tough.

In Platinum: The Distortion World. I've had the game since early '11 and I barely beat it around March (not because of the Distortion World but because it got boring)

In HeartGold: SRing for a Giratina. It took about 80 soft resets and having to watch the movie 80 times to get the nature I wanted.

Ah :P, I haven't bothered with natures since the time I soft resetted 100 times to get a Giratina with a nature I wanted. I still get lost in the Distorion World which is pretty sad D:.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
The fact that by force of habit i murderd latios. And in the beginning of the game the sentret managed to beat my whole team but when i caught one they where horrible. In SS*

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
The cheapo moves in the Battle Frontier really makes me rage...consecutive critical hits, OHKO moves NEVER missing, random quick-claws, etc etc...I can go on and on. Another thing is registering people's numbers in the Pokegear in HG/SS, if you never know before-hand, you are pretty much screwed, hope you enjoy getting phone calls every 2 seconds and hearing the same old bull..."Oh hi! My Geodude just defeated a Rattata! Isn't that great?!" -_-

Years
In my Platinum, I had been confused. I had a Pachirisu, or however you spell the electric squirrel name, and it took me a whole twenty minutes to figure out why the stupid thing was picking up random things. It was cute when I needed potions and things so I kept it when I could. It wasn't really as good as my Shinx with intimidate in it's abilities.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
HMs, hacked pokemon, some pokemon not getting attacks that they should have, and some pokemon having type combos/abilities that make no sense or should have been different; but that can apply to all generations though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Seafoam Islands, I always hate them :p The Whirl Islands too, and Bell Tower - they were both very confusing places! Also surprisingly I managed to get lost several times on the route to the new Johto Safari Zone, but that's probably because I insisted on trying to make the route shorter by surfing through it xD I can't think of any places in Sinnoh though, that was all pretty well laid out :3 I expect I got lost in Mt Coronet or Iron Island once or twice, but I can't remember it ever causing much trouble.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My biggest facepalm moment was when I found Entei and Raikou whilst surfing on Route 42. Seriously, whut da heyll?
Oh wow, this actually happens? I had no idea xD

I don't really remember having many face palm moments, but I guess the biggest would be not realising where you got Rock Smash in HG and having to back track for ages to find it :p I was also pretty derpy in Sinnoh when it came to trying to move the Psyduck, but I googled that and fixed the problem in no time xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Defog. I hate Defog. I never remembered that I needed it or never wanted to waste a space on my team to teach it to a Pokémon so I always braved the fog without it and that one route was horrible to navigate! it was impossible to see where you were going so I kept ending up going round in circles and facing countless Pokémon/trainers and wasting loads of heals as a result and it was just a horrid move to have to use ;;

Years
Mt Coronet. I got so lost in there the first time... also the Hms. Defog, really? Three water Hms, really? C'mon D/HG!

And lastly but most importantly...the beginning of Diamond. My God. Could I possibly be moving at a slower pace! And You have to walk for what feels like ages! And then you encounter a wild pokemon while walking and that whole animation is soooooo slow blargarbhargle! And even once you get the running shoes and then the bike, it STILL feels like you're going 1 mile per hour! Is this genetic? Was my father a garden snail, or a slugma, or a shellos or something of that sort, and my mother "accidentally" put salt on his food, leaving the last memory of him in my speed-hindering DNA?!?!? GAHHH! D:<

Okay. Rant over.

Back