• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon would live near you?

Sirfetch’d

Simple. What Pokemon would live near where you live.

For example, I live in the country on a pond so I think Lotad, Seedot, Magikarp, Goldeen, Pidgey, and a few others would live near me. What about you? discuss.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I live near the beach, so I think i'd see lots of krabby and kingler, wingull and pelipper, goldeen and seaking, magikarp and gyardos, Pokemon like that. But also where I live there is quite a bit of plants, vegitation and reserves. I think i'd see lots of flying pokemon and lots of bug, normal, and dog like pokemon. Don't forget a few poison pokemon, after all I live in Australia XD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Lots of Sawsbuck. Sawsbuck everywhere.

Tons of Swanna in the summer. We actually get a crapton of swans in the lakes around here.

Tons of Pachirisu/Emolga. And the typical Pidgey and crap. Probably a decent amount of Water-type Pokemon too becos yeah, aforementioned lakes.--------------------

Sirfetch’d

I walked outside to think about some more I would see. Poliwag and its family, wooper, Pikachu, Caterpie and Weedle families, some other generic bugs and birds also would live near me.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Near my neighborhood:

gible.gif

Very Rare

nidoran-m.gif

Uncommon

nidoran-f.gif

Common

glameow.gif

Common

skorupi.gif

Rare

023.gif

Uncommon

053.gif

Common - In fact, I'd probably have one. My cat has a similar build.

228.gif

Common

507.gif

Common

growlithe.gif

Uncommon

vulpix.gif

Uncommon

trapinch.gif

Rare

spearow.gif

Common

pidgey.gif

Common

murkrow.gif

Uncommon

pidove.gif

Freakin' common

sandshrew.gif

Uncommon

geodude.gif

Common

skarmory.gif

Uncommon

rhyhorn.gif

Common

I live in a desert.

groudon.gif

Judging by the amount of earthquakes we get, I'm guessing that we probably have a Groudon too.

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Definitely Pidoves,I've seen pigeons everywhere just walking around pecking at crumbs. There would be Lillipups stray or tamed and it's evolutions along with Glameows and Purrloin.

In the local park you'd definitely see some Butterfree,Caterpies,Weedles and the occasional Beedrill or two.Ponds would contain Magikarps,goldeens and maybe the odd Politoed.

Hmm and some Trubbish hiding in the bins as well. So that's probably my neighbourhood n_n

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
I'd say there'd be a fairly wide range of Pokémon around where I live.

Since I live in an ex-sword making village which borders an ex-iron mining town, there would probably be a couple of steel-types, most likely Pawniard and Aron.

With the rivers and the ridiculous amount of rain, there'd be quite a few water-types. Since frogs and toads are pretty abundant, Poliwag's and Tympole's families would be pretty common. A few Psyduck wouldn't be unusual either. We don't get too many fish, but there would probably be the odd Magikarp or Goldeen, with a couple of Gyarados in the nearby reservoir. There would also be a few bugs, like Surskit, Masquerain and Yanma, who live around water, and also bat Pokémon like Zubat and Woobat.

There are plenty of forests, so bug-types and grass-types should be pretty abundant. Lotad would be common around the water; Pineco would be fairly common too. Butterfly and moth Pokémon would be very common, along with their caterpillar forms, plus some Combee, Ledyba and Beedrill during the warmer weather. I doubt Shroomish or Foongus would be rare, given that there are plenty of fungi around. We also have a few deer, so Deerling and Sawsbuck would be around too. Hoppip's family would be pretty common, with the amount of dandelion we get.

There's some pretty varied bird life around, so there would be plenty of flying-types too. My neighbours have a problem with crows, so there would be Murkrow along with the common Pidgey, Pidove, Tailow and Starly. There would likely be a fair few Hoothoot, too.

That's all I can think of right now when it comes to Pokémon around my area, apart from the obvious.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Considering that I live in a Canadian neighborhood now, it's safe to say that the common beginning Pokemon, such as Starly, Pidgey and Patrat, are around my area, with the occasional Pachirisu and Murkrow. In the winter months, Snover and Sneasel may be a bit more common.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Well I live in Ireland, I'm in the countryside but I live about a fifteen minute walk from a small town.

I started listing out the pokemon and realized I was typing out a lot of pokemon. I feel like most types would be found around my area....with the exception of Poison, Ice and Dragon types. Also sea based pokemon like Tentacool/Finneon or exotic grass types like Carnvine/Maractus, they likely wouldn't be found where I live whereas pokemon like Magikarp, Swanna, Oddish and Hoppip would be more likely water/grass types to appear in my area.)

It would probably be easier to list out the pokemon I absolutely would never expect.

I suppose it's because a lot of the land in pokemon games is like countryside.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I live in a city in the Philippines. There are many Askals(street dogs, mix-breed) here, so there might be some Houndours. There are also some dog pet owners here, so maybe also some Poochyenas and Growlithes. Many rats, definitely, so, Rattata. Also some birds; Pidgeys and Spearows. At my school, many dragonflies; Yanmas. Also alot of cricket making noise at night, Krickitot.

So lets sum it up: Houndours, poochyenas, growlithes, Rattatta, pidgeys, Spearows, Yanmas and krickitots.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Basing on the animals that I typically see we would probably have the following in our area:

Pachirisu
Buneary
Durant
Ponyta/Rapidash
Murkrows
Vullaby/Mandibuzz
Ducklett/Psyduck
Sandshrew/Drilbur?
Stunky/Stuntank
A good chunk of bug pokemon (Wurmple, Caterpie, Beedrill, Spinarak, Nincada, etc etc)
Miltank

and several more. Including ones that would be domestic such as Purrlion, Growlithe, etc. But that is pretty much the gist of what you'll see around here.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Pidove... maybe some rattatas too (seen some rats running around the house)
Lots of dogs...Houndoom maybe.
Persian too.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I live near the Rocky Mountains, so probably a lot of Rock pokemon, a lot of Zubat, possibly even Larvitar or maybe even a Legendary hiding around the Front Range. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
I live in what we South Africans call veld (Pronounced: Felt) or the equivalent of Savannah. We'd have Pidove, Blitzle, it's evolution, Vernipede, Caterpie, Ariados, Spearow, Pidgey, Woobat, Palpitoad, Girafarig, Buneary, Patrat, Venonat, Venomoth, Cascoon, Silkoon, Dustox, Wurmple, Beautifly, Cacnea, Beedrill, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, all the Nidos, Eevee, Joltik, Galvantula, Honchkrow, Torchic, Combusken, Blazekin, Snivy, Arbok (lots and lots), Ekans, Skorupi (lots), Seviper, Zangoose, Taillow et cetera. If you think about it, Africa isn't so bad after all for the animal lovers.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Meowth, Skitty, all those cat-like Pokemon. In 1/10 chance a neighbour has a Houndoom or Dog-like Pokemon. Theres lots of birds around my place. So expect birds such as crows, pidgeons, myna and all those birds that live around the tropical area. Around at the jungle/nature parts there's lizards, snakes, monkeys and spiders which can be represented by Kecleon, Totodile and its evolutions, Krokodile (spelling?) for lizards, Serviper (spelling?) Arbok and Ekans for snakes, Mankeys for the monkeys and as for spiders, probably Ariados. Not forgetting those Ants that are in my house, oh man they bite. They are represented by Durant, but smaller.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I guess I live close enough to some farms for there to be Miltank and Tauros. And plus, given the nature of Boulder, perhaps a few Poochyenas and Meowths. And a Mr. Mime or two on the Pearl Street Mall.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Back