• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music in Cars

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
The driver should always be the one to choose the music, but he needs to think about others too. The most important thing is that the driver likes the music. He's the one who's driving, so music he dislikes may annoy him, and that's no good. I usually listen to music when I'm driving alone or with my girlfriend. When it's someone else I tend to avoid it.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
It's an unspoken rule that the driver chooses the music. I sincerely don't mind what's playing on my stereo, so I try to make people feel welcome enough in my presence to change it to their liking, but said people are too polite.

Most of the time I'm blaring hip-hop in the car. I feel like I'm driving like Batman when I listen to this song. I listen to jazz when I feel like being a Sunday driver. At least once a day I end up meeting someone for a smoke in a parking lot, though, so no matter my mood I usually end up leaving my stereo on hip-hop.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
my car.

my music.

my rules.

don't like it? get out. :P

Well, that only applies to me driving. If I'm in a different car like my mom's, then it's their car and their music. I can tolerate my dad's 80's classic rock music, but not my mom's Banda/Norteno music ayayay. xD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I don't drive, but I just listen to music on my headphones when I'm in the car, while the driver choose what music he/she likes.

Good driving music would be something uplifting and fast paced such as Rock or Drum and Bass.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
In our car, there's a mixture between what the driver wants to listen to & what everyone else wants to listen to.

So we sometimes listen to talks, other times we listen to the radio, and other times the cd's (mainly 80's) that we own.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
My friends and I all carpool when we get together and it's always the driver's choice, so it's usually one of
>My Little Pony fan songs
>orchestral Skyrim-type stuff
>j-rock/j-pop (that's me)
>old Linkin Park songs and Five Finger Death Punch
>dubstep

The sixth member of our group doesn't has a car and is the only person to have ever spoken out against the "My car/my music" rule, but if we're driving out of our ways to pick him up then he should be thankful that there's some kind of background noise instead of the uncomfortable silence akin to a parent driving a child home after finding out said child had gotten in trouble.

Back