• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you stand for if you knew nobody would judge you?

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2015
Quite a lengthy title, I'm aware.
The world we live in consists of copious amounts of segregation, racism, judgement, favouritism, inequality and so on. You better believe that if you have an opinion, you're going to be judged on it, and others' reflection of yourself may change drastically, simply for your beliefs and passions.

If this was another planet, and humanity was a race so fond of subduing others, what beliefs, passions, and opinions would you stand for strongly in a public setting?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Maybe the right of abstinence? I get judged heavily because none of my friends are virgins and I am, and they make fun of me for it sometimes. I have my reasons. Believe me, I've seen Teen Mom. I don't wanna be involved in any of that bullcrap.

Years
I stand for nothing that nobody else already stands for, and I don't stand up for much. At least I think I don't. But I don't mind if people judge me, there's no real reason to fear people judging you if you know why you stand for the things you do.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
mens rights

I stand face in everybody and I don't care if I get judged anyways. If people choose not to be my friend because of it, then fine. I'm an opinionated person and I'm not going to change that just because some people might not like it. /shrug. Also I guess to completely answer it I'll say "Gay rights and Feminism".

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I would stand up for truly impartial judgement in the legal system so my daughter's mom could stop trouncing me during all of our court dates by invoking guilt and pity. If she breaks into tears in the middle of a sentence while trying to get her grubby little hands on my pride and joy then it's all tissues and candy but when I do it I get a stern, unyielding look and uncomfortable silence.

Years
I would represent the power of Darkness! The blackening abyss that dwells deep within the hearts of mankind! The terror and despair that drags the human soul into the chasm of Hell itself! The wrath and fury that drives people to the brink of madness! Flames that consume and burn down EVERYTHING! THAT IS ME. I AM THE NIGHT! MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
You're right, OP.
We live in a world that has free speech across 65% of it. The catch? You'll be crucifixed if you have an opinion that doesn't agree with everybody else's, the media's, or what is decided as "Socially Correct".

Me personally? I'd stand for exactly the same things as I do now. Because I JDGAF about Society's Rules.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Well i don't care about people judging me..i'll always stand for what i strongly believe in...i might be wrong if you proof otherwise... but somethings i know there are some right things for me and nothing ever can change em!!

Judge me but don't forget..nobody is perfect and so you are ;3

TY

Well i don't care about people judging me..i'll always stand for what i strongly believe in...i might be wrong if you proof otherwise... but somethings i know there are some right things for me and nothing ever can change em!!

Judge me but don't forget..nobody is perfect and so you are ;3

Thats excactly like i am, i dont care what people think of me, i am who i am and they have to deal with it. I know by myself im not perfect at all (heck, no one is yet some believe so) and im a person that strongly holds on to the things i believe in, unless proven otherwise. I've been judged and bullied for stuff, yet i couldnt care less.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
If anything I stand for people being allowed to do whatever the hell they want as long as they do not try to limit anyone else's personal freedom now.

Not sure if that is a commonly held belief though but regardless that would be what I believe in if I was ever asked what I stood for.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I am very passionate about rights for the LGBTQ community and feminism. I feel very strongly about rape culture as well and have no problem calling out rape apologists.

I'm also a firm believer in allowing consenting adults to do as they please so long as they are not infringing on others' rights or harming other people. This includes strong support for legalizing marijuana (and other somewhat minor drugs.. not harder drugs like meth or heroine). And honestly, I don't really see a valid argument against polygamy/open relationships as long as all involved are aware and okay with it.

I also strongly support the "dying with dignity" concept. Being able to ask a doctor peacefully euthanize you if you have a terminal illness or debilitating disease and you don't want to suffer through it.

Years
I'm also a firm believer in allowing consenting adults to do as they please so long as they are not infringing on others' rights or harming other people.

I'm with you there. Things like minor drugs, and I'll even give you polygamy, have no real valid arguments against. They do not harm anyone else, they simply fall out of "personal values" of others. I don't see why one's personal values should have an affect on another person's private life. The same thing applies to same-sex marriage and many other "controversial" topics.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Product testing and/or hard labour and/or euthanasia on rapists and other high-security offenders (murderers, etc) proven guilty with hard evidence. Why do they get free food and shelter whilst good people suffer? Earn it through manual labour (like how everyone else works for a living) or choose death.

I am in full support of this, particularly the product testing and labor bits. Not only does it put prisoners to work while they get their furnishings and meals (meaning all the money utterly wasted on prison systems, especially in the US, would actually be put to good use), but for those who get released, it would help in reintegrating them into society.

They likely wouldn't have a good reason to go back to crime (namely robbery), as prison gave them the necessary experience for at least work in menial labor, if not many other possible fields that can be taught while in a government-funded facility.

Years
I don't support the death penalty (that is, governments killing people), but I have no problem with the idea of rape victims hunting down and killing their rapists.

I think most punishments for crimes should be ones that keep someone from committing those crimes again. So, like, people who scam and embezzle should have to give up 99% of all their money. I wish there were more unusual (but not cruel) and fitting punishments for people who willfully harm others.

droomph

weeb
Years
equality.

and none of that "we're gonna let you get asdf! because we're liberal!" bs.

real equality. like, "we all have equal status" equality. Because believe it or not even the "liberals" are prejudiced, just towards the other side (I've learned that the hard way they say they accept anyone but in fact they only accept other liberals)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Animal Welfare and stuff like that, honestly a lot of people I think tend to judge others for standing up that kinda stuff.

Years
Elimination of discrimination. We are all humans and just because someone is of a different race doesn't mean the dominant race has to treat them different.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Animal Welfare and stuff like that, honestly a lot of people I think tend to judge others for standing up that kinda stuff.

Tryna take away my hunting and fishing rights...? >_> lool jk

Buuut anyways something i would stand up for....

Don't really stand for much... I might think of something later but idk XD

Back