• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Quick Update:

First off, I completed my Platinum Challenge. The Elite Four was going fine until Flint decides to use a Magmortar with Thunderbot >.> Poor Hentai T_T

Adventure Log
Spoiler:

Here are some pics of my final team

View attachment 69428 View attachment 69429

Second Update!!!

Since I was complete with this, I also have been doing my FireRed challenge on and off. I am currently at the Elite Four and am now just grinding up my Pokémon to around 55ish (trying to get that Larvitar to evolve T_T)

Adventure Log
Spoiler:

View attachment 69430

Hopefully wanting to get this done so I can work on something else ^^

EDIT: FireRed Update

Challenge Complete!

I leveled everyone to 55 (Except for Pupitar, I waited until 56 so he'd learn Earthquake before evolving, didn't want to obtain it at 65+). And to be quite honest, Tyrant the Tyranitar carried me through 4/5 of the Elite Four. Had my Ampharos and Hitmonlee destroy Loreli, Slowking single handedly annihilated Bruno, Tyranitar for Agatha and Lance (Crunch, Rock Slide, Earthquake op). I get to the my Rival, and out of the freakin' blue, my Blastoise dies D: Was setting up my Rain Dance and the Rhydon got a lucky Earthquake crit T_T But I managed to clean house and able to lose no one else.

View attachment 69444 View attachment 69445

Final Party: Roo the Ampharos, Trainee the Hitmonlee, Tyrant the Tyranitar, Peckers the Swellow, Scholar the Slowking.

Deceased Pokémon: Baiter the Mawile, TrioTrio the Dugtrio, Itsy Bitsy the Ariados, Tinker the Blastoise.

And with that, Platinum, FireRed, and Emerald challenge is complete ^^

Last edited:
Years
First update for my Nuzlocke in FireRed, only a few casualties so far.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Username: Shnorkness
Game: Emerald
Additional Rules: Trainer Pokemon random, Pokemon types random, Pokemon color scheme random, Pokemon held items random, Pokemon lost to rival do count.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Username: TéaQQ
Game: Pearl
Additional rules: Trainers also have random Pokemon, I must nickname each catch.

Last edited:
Years
Going pretty smoothly so far...Nuzlockes are always so nerve wracking!
Spoiler:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Hmm, I'm gonna start this.

Username: 90FC3C
Game: HeartGold
Optional Rules: Nicknames

Edit: I has my first update. My game crashed the first time I tried it (a shame, I was doing well) and I got my ass handed to me early on the second time, but I'm not doing too badly the third time.

Spoiler:

edit: Update 2:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Well, after a run of four gyms with minimal casualties, it was off to Silph Co. for me. Managed to get through Blue no problem, only losing Baaarmy in the process. Trained up a little more, brought a few new team members with me and went to face Giovanni. Long story short, I lost :( Whited out, so a failure from me :/ Might sign up again some other time.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Update 3, with copious amounts of death and cursing:

Spoiler:

Years
May I please change the game to Blaze Black 2? I tried to play on SS - but my game was keep crashing on original games and on hacks (StormSilver and SacredGold) - I'd play on original black 2 and white 2 but I cannot seem to find rom that would work normally (same goes for original black and white roms - no matter where I download it I get that experience glitch on it - I don't get any experiences for any of the battles I am in :/ )

I had to switch into BlazeBlack - BlazeBlack 2 didn't work :( Anyways I started the game and got the best starters ever (Not) - Sandile, Geodude and zubat. I didn't want to choose geodude since it was on place of oshawott - so I would be pretty much demolished in first gym. I chose sandile instead and named him Crockie. I defeated both Bianca and Cheren without any major problems. Than I went on and got through all the beginning stuff and I finally came to route 1 - time to catch my first pokemon (Nope >_<) First encounter was Jynx - yay >_> I saved the game right before I was trying to catch it - like I always do but since it knew powder snow it nearly knocked sandile out pretty much every time so I gave up after few tries. I went on and both Bianca and Cheren got two pokemon already - but I had only one. Anyways I went on and take on N - didn't have as much troubles as I thought I'd have. I went on the next rout and I was crossing fingers to find something useful there becasue you need three pokemon for first gym. I knew that first gym leader is going to be Chilli and first encounter wasn't the best thing ever - it was Glaceon. I cought her and named her Serenity. She is now the most overpowered team member. I went on and got that water monkey from that guy and I beat Cheren and Chilli without any major problems. I used that monkey as a cut slave because nobody else could learn it. I helped saving Munna and I cought my next team member - Omastar - that was just the beginning of water pokemon curse. I went on to help that girl and cought Ducklett and named her Lira. I also found corphish (Neptuno) and Blastoise (Leonardo) and Gardevoir (Rissa) somewhere around there but I don't remember where. I helped that girl and got the fishing rod as a gift. I went on and cleared some trainers around the next city. I battled N and lost Omastar in the process. I thought that I'd have troubles with second gym since it's normal type gym and I didn't have any fighting types. But I used Serenity and she pretty much cleared the gym with Icy Wind. I went through the forest and cought gothita (Minna) and somewhere around here I also obtained Swoobat (Batto) and I cleared the forest and returned that skull. I came to the next city and went to the dessert in case that I found fire type there. Nope no fire types there - first encounter was qwilfish and second encounter was guess who? Quilava >_> I got really upset because I needed fire type but anyways.. I went on to clear Team Plasma and get Bianca's pokemon back (Can't she take better care of them?!) anyways I went to Burgh's gym and I always hated Burgh and his Masquerain - even in the original playthrough where I had fire type (Blaziken) - It was just painful >_< After several troubles I managed to finally beat him without losing any team members and than I batteld both of my rivals and got some fossils out of dessert. I went on and cought few new team members Charizard (Drake) and Zoroark (Lenny) I got to next city and ran around for a while so I could catch some new team members - I had Serenity for Eliza (She knows earth power) but I still wanted to have a back up just in case that Serenity dies). So I cought Lampert (Lumino), Turtwig (Terra) and Lanturn (Shinna). I defeated both N and Eliza using mainly Serenity. The bridge was finally opened and I managed to get my last two team members Monferno that I forgot to nickname (On the bridge) and Croconaw (Dande). I am about to take on next gym leader so I need to train Shinna and Dande - since neither of them has a single water move >_>

Current team:

Serenity (Glaceon) lvl 52 (Yes I know that she is overleveled but she is currently the only really usefull pokemon that I have)
Lenny (Zoroark) lvl 33
Rissa (Gardevoir) lvl 45 (She is a little bit overleveled aswell I know)
Batto (Swoobat) lvl 30
Shinna (Lanturn) lvl 33
Dande (Croconaw) lvl 34

Dead:

Crockie (Sandile)
Serveur (Panpour) - He didn't die I just didn't want to use him since I never cought it
Mezzy (Omastar)
Minna (Gothita)
Lira (Ducklett) - She died to an underleved Pansear >_> (yes Bianca's pansear used fire blast on her and she died in one hit since it was crit aswell >_> )
Neptuno (Corphish)
Leonardo (Blastoise) - Corphish and Blastoise both died to Sandslash since it was keep outspeeding me and using rollout >_>
Drake (Charizard) - Died to a crit - thunder used by underleveled manectric x.x
Terra (Turtwig)
Lumino (Lampert)
Monferno (Monferno) I forgot to nickname him :(
And leafeon - I cought him than I realized that it was cought on same rout as something else was already cought so nope - I am not using him - Not that he has any good move set anyways -Last time that I checked the only useful attacks he knew were bite and quick attack - and he is lvl 31 already >_>

Last edited:

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Sorry, My internet went out for a good month or so so I haven't been able to keep track of Questions, Completed challenges and new ones in awhile. The front page should be fixed now (Lots of copy pasting). If somethings wrong Just yell at me and I'll get it done.

AoTora, I was actually wondering how I'd handle this, I Sure as heck am Not adding another Title Category For each hack so I Settled on Creating a Blanket Category for all hacks. Maybe I'll add the hack name beside The Challenger name.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Sorry, My internet went out for a good month or so so I haven't been able to keep track of Questions, Completed challenges and new ones in awhile. The front page should be fixed now (Lots of copy pasting). If somethings wrong Just yell at me and I'll get it done.

AoTora, I was actually wondering how I'd handle this, I Sure as heck am Not adding another Title Category For each hack so I Settled on Creating a Blanket Category for all hacks. Maybe I'll add the hack name beside The Challenger name.

Some challenge so that are done using a hack won't necessarily need a separate part, hacks like firered omega and emerald hard version are just harder versions of the game, but I agree seperate part for some hacks in necessary maybe add what hack they're doing next to their name

PS can you take my name from the platinum one, I have two up there and do not plan on doing either as I am a tad busy with some other challenges at the moment, will possibly come back to them in the future.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
Count me in.

Username: SoundDesperado
Game: Black
Optional Rule(s): Nickname rule

Trainer, wild, starter and static pokemon randomized, No Early Shedinja and Catch 'em All Mode on.

EDIT: Tried it, but got killed early on by N's Regigigas D:, back to the drawing board I guess... had a Ninjask named "Evadesman" and a Sandshrew named "Decoy".
EDIT: Same thing happened, only by Bianca's Zekrom with Dragon Rage >:(, there was nothing I could do, My starter choice was Tentacool, Klink and Tentacruel, which was pretty funny. I chose Tentacruel and named her "Squidward". Also had a Simipour named "Simeon" (after the guy in the new GTA game) and a Vigorath named "Good-Ruby" (After the one in the Nuzlocke comics, he was destroying everything until Zekrom).

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I just randomized a Pokémon Blue ROM. Here are my randomization.

104184n.png

*Removed the "Switch stats around" check.

So, I'm subscribing!

Username: Porygon Z
Game: Pokémon Blue

Additional Rules

You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
A black out is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may only use PokéBalls.
Healing is not allowed outside of battle.

Last edited:
Years
Wow, I didn't expect this to be so much fun :) Here is first update:

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

In box:
Deni (Jumpluff), Matla (Sentret), Dom (Girafig), Kova (Nosepass), Den (Dugtrio), Pasa (Anorith), Maty (Volbeat), Nothx (Poochyena), Mari (Lileep), Mis (Seaking)

Deaths:
Bobby (Togetic), Kam (Ariados), Samec (Bagon)

Now grinding to level 30...

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
This challenge is crazy! I'm having a lot of fun, seriously! LOL!

Team

Turbo the Omanyte, Lv. 30 - Water Gun, Withdraw, Ice Beam (Caught in Mt. Moon)
Psicosis the Hypno, Lv. 30 - Headbutt, Hypnosis, Disable, Confusion (Caught in Route 24)
Dwayne the Graveler, Lv. 30 - Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw, Selfdestruct (Caught in Route 25)
Mr. Lonely the Marowak, Lv. 30 - Bone Club, Growl, Leer, Twineedle (Caught in Route 5)
Gordon the Charizard, Lv. 30 - Scratch, Growl, Ember, Leer (Caught in Route 11)
HM the Krabby, Lv. 15 - HM for Cut

Box

MachTwo the Pidgeot, Lv. 30 (Caught in Route 2)
Eggy Pop the Exeggutor, Lv. 30 (Caught in Route 6)
Foxy the Vulpix, Lv. 15 (Caught in Diglett Cave)
Slasher the Sandshrew, Lv. 5 (Caught in Vermilion City)

Graveyard

Mechan the Nidoking, Lv. 8 (Caught in Route 3)
FireEmblem the Rapidash, Lv. 14 (Caught in Route 22)
Clown the Mr. Mime, Lv. 14 (Caught in Route 1)
Spaghetti the Tangela, Lv. 17 (Starter)
Zippy the Jolteon, Lv. 21 (Caught in Viridian Forest)
Stritch the Pinsir, Lv. 22 (Caught in Route 4)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
I have re-restarted the challenge now and am off to a good start.

UPDATE #1
Spoiler:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I'm going to restart this challenge. Same game, same stuff, except something: I will not change TMs and Movesets compatibility. I probably bite more than I can chew, and I ended up with Charizards with Solarbeam and Pidgeots with Thunder, and TMs like Smokescreen, Sand-Attack and stuff like that. And, on top of that, Charizard could not learn Fire Blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back