• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Pokémon Black and White locations of important files

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
I couldn't find a thread about this so created one.
Here, you can share all the discoveries you made in Pokémon Black and White's roms. For example, post the location of the fonts & type logos: (I found this today) a/1/5/9. I found it quite odd that I was using a Jap. Rom but also the type logos of the French, Italian, German, English and Spanish were also in there >_> So, share the locations so we can make a full hacking guide!

Hacking Guide:
Spoiler:

If someone wants to make a tool with this information, feel free to. And credit goes to Magius, thanks to him I know the location of the trdata and the trpoke!

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Here, you can share all the discoveries you made in Pokémon Black and White's roms. For example, post the location of the fonts & type logos: (I found this today) a/1/5/9. I found it quite odd that I was using a Jap. Rom but also the type logos of the French, Italian, German, English and Spanish were also in there >_> So, share the locations so we can make a full hacking guide!

Hacking Guide:
Spoiler:

If someone wants to make a tool with this information, feel free to. And credit goes to Magius, thanks to him I know the location of the trdata and the trpoke!
Yes, of course the logo's where there. They have to provide things like that. They're not providing a service by releasing it internationally, it's business. Who else was gonna do it. And i'll look at things.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Utuber of Youtube, iirc, once mentioned he found the location of the sprite data, or whoever ripped the moving parts, they should know where it's located.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
You're talking about Utuber6061, the same guy who says he exports his remixes/songs with a plugin that doesn't exist that can loop the music.

I don't generally trust him although he is pretty good at making music, and he does seem to have hacked a bit of data (his latest video shows), but he's being obscure about his findings, so either he's going to work on a project he's developing independently or just making things, showing them off and not saying how he did it or giving any proof-of-concept releases or anything.

I dunno, I look into things too much :V

Now, if only we could find the map data and somehow crack the format in order to actually modify it :E

Years

Hacking Guide:
Spoiler:

Can you give me instructions please?

Back