• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn Remake or Kanto Remake?

Which would you prefer?

• Hoenn Remake

Votes: 138 92.6%
  • Kanto Remake

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Personally, I don't think we need to remake any game of the Advanced Generation (Kanto or Hoenn).

Hell, the reason why Gen 1 was remade in the first place is because the creators needed to find a way to get the remaining Pokemon from Kanto and Johto to complete the National Dex for Hoenn as the GBA couldn't link with the older GameBoy systems.

The main reason why Gen 2 was remade for the DS is for exactly the some thing. The DSi and all systems after couldn't link with the GBA games and the creators needed to find a way for players to complete the National Dex.

Gen 5 doesn't have this problem as you can freely link up with the Gen 4 DS games.

Also, the first two Generations were remade because the GB and GBC cartridges were glitched and the saved game data was corrupted over a period of time. Without those remakes, fans would not have been able to revisit those regions. As I understand it, the GBA games don't suffer this effect so anybody who misses the Hoenn region could just fire up their GBA and relive their adventures there.

That said, if I had to choose it's a no brainer. I'm a Kanto boy at heart.

Fully agree!

Also, you can have all of the Hoenn legendaries in 5th gen via Pal Park + transfer, Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza are available in HGSS, the Regis can be transferred from Platinum or caught in BW2, the Lati@s can be caught in HGSS... There's no sensible reason for Hoenn remakes other than shiny graphics.

I'd be much happier if the next game was already 6th gen... And a new adventure in Kanto (not a remake), with a proper story, would be much cooler as well.

People go crazy about Hoenn but it's Kanto who had the short end of the stick... Most featured region, yes, but I thought FRLG weren't all that good of a remake, and Kanto is just an adjacent region in HGSS... A brand new adventure in Kanto, set years after 1st gen, with an interesting story, would be great fun.

Not sure if a Hoenn remake is feasible as well, since it can't be on the DS... There has never been three main Pokémon games in the same console before... Only way for Hoenn to be remade would be on the 3DS.

Last edited:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Not sure if a Hoenn remake is feasible as well, since it can't be on the DS... There has never been three main Pokémon games in the same console before... Only way for Hoenn to be remade would be on the 3DS.
Dafuq? Gen I (in Japan) had R/G, Blue, and Yellow. And you're using the past as precedent. We never had a new storyline that wasn't a new generation before Gen V.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I'll never stop loving Kanto. It was mine and probably most of everybody else's first region and the only one for years.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Of course, I'd love to see Kanto remade in 3D (X/Y style, or an even better one), but it's time for Hoenn to be remade. I've always been down on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but Hoenn was an interesting region.

I suppose another Kanto remake can wait until the Pokemon series has moved to completely 3D environments. Which by that I mean landscapes designed like they're for a 3D world and not for a 2D world. Like when we move towards Ocarina of Time, away from Phantom Hourglass speaking in terms of Zelda. It'd be interesting to see Kanto reimagined in a 3D format.

Years
I honestly think they should do a Hoenn remake as we've got enough games with the Kanto region. Emerald is my favourite game and I spent a lot of hours on it. Even if they do make one, I'd love it if they use the Gen 3 game mechanics instead of Gen 5.

Years
I'd rather go for Hoenn. As much as I love Kanto, not only has it been featured in two remakes thus far, but the second remake is still fairly recent and available. Meanwhile, Hoenn's been restricted to R/S/E.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I'd like to see Hoenn first, definitely. But what I would do is make the Sevii Islands along with it, as if to acknowledge the existence of FRLG, and to give it more places to go.

Or maybe they could do both at the same time, in one DS card, with the power of the 3DS right now. That would be awesome!

UnlethalMango

[Insert Witty Title Here]
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2020
Definitely Hoenn... basically just add up everyone else's reason and you get my reason.

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
Years
As much as I would love to see Kanto on the 3DS, I have to concede that Hoenn deserves a remake more. Kanto has been in every generation so far except for the fifth, while Hoenn is stuck on the GBA. Of course, after they remake Hoenn, I'd love for them to do Kanto.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Hoenn for sure i don't really think another Kanto re-make would be very popular to the fans.

Hoenn is the one that needs to get more of a spotlight

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Though I like Kanto, Hoenn does deserve the chance to shine again.

I could just imagine it- prettier graphics, perhaps newer areas to explore and more stuff to do after the story's done! Hoenn's not my favourite region, but it could become much more better with some additions other than more water.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
with the guy who said emarald indstead of r/s emagine the kyogre vs groudon fight scene give it a 3D battle scene like kyrem vs the b/w mascots in black 2 and white 2 and then raquasa flies in and they flee in terror.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
A remake of Hoenn, PLEASE!! All the other versions have gotten their own remake but not poor Hoenn. I would love to see it all spruced up in glamorous 3D graphics with loads of awesome features that generally appear with a remake. Don't forget, all the other Pokemon from the previous recent games might be included, not only the original RSE batch! If they do remake Kanto again though, I might consider trying it out for the sake of it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hoenn definitely. I feel like Kanto is overdone since I've visited it 7 times and don't want to visit it again. 2 remakes of the region is enough. Gen 3 were my favorite games with Hoenn being my favorite region. It's so beautiful and looking at the graphics in X and Y so far, I think the region will look even more beautiful in 3D and one the 3DS. So if they do remake them, I think they deserve to be on the 3DS.Though if they remake Kanto in the future with cool 3D graphics, I'd still buy it.

FluffyChickon

A Chick-on of Fluffy
Years
Hoenn because diving was awesome/ team aqua and magma where the nes time a new bad guys where introduced/ a double battle gym leader !! / the only starters that gave me a hard decision / and windgull (forgot how to spell it) was an amazing useful people is evoluted form could surf fly waterfall and dive! Kanto was where it's at but yer if been done 4 times. But I would like to see a 3D perspective of kanto

I'm still waiting on a game where you start at kanto and go all the way up to unova but I guess the leveling would be out of wack and I problable give up be cause the 5 gen is poo.

Years
Hoenn for god's sake! I want to see Hoenn get a proper remake in 3D and I've gotten sick of Kanto tbh. Hoenn is a region not yet rendered in 3D so this is something I want them to do after X & Y.

Back