• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Glitch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Well, I'm guessing it's a glitch and true because I was searching something like that too on the internet (can't remember the name of the site) anyways, there was a cheat for pokemon red allowing you to catch togepi, I tried it out but it looked like a glitched up egg and the name had tiles in it (like 'M's name), and had a voltorb or electrode icon (the pokeball icon if I remember correctly.)
I had not done anything in particular before though. On the other hand, I liked visiting glitch city and cloning my rare candies from time to time, so that could have induced the glitch... If you ever learn more about it, please link me! :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
One time on the missingno coast the three pokemon that appeared for me at level 100 were...

missingno.
goldeen.

MEWTWO.

needless to say.. that file had a full team of six mewtwos! none of the mewtwos ever got as powerful as the one I found in cerulean cave... Is that not weird?

A Pokémon at level 100 in Gen I would never gain Stat Exp (at least, never have the effects of Stat EXP applied to them due to not levelling up) as a Pokémon caught at level 70 or so and trained to level 100 would.

Unless, of course, you used the Box Trick.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Ok, I have a mystery to solve. Once when I was a kid, I remember wandering in the Safari zone in Pokemon Blue when a weird thing happened. The Pokemon that popped up was an egg and definitely not exeggcute. I remember throwing loads of balls at it without any result then I decided to give up and fled. This all happened before the 2nd generation was out, but I'm convinced this was a Togepi (I think the egg had triangle patterns). At that time though, I had never heard of it, so I thought it was a glitch or something. I think I read somewhere I should have thrown rocks at it to make it hatch before catching it.

Now... have I dreamt about all this?!? I really feel like it happened to me, but still there shouldn't be any generation II Pokemon in Blue. I tried searching a little on the internet but I only found fakes. Do you think it could have happened for real? lol I'd like to look at the source code, but no way I'll manage to find what I'm looking for.
You dreamt it. There's no egg sprite in gen 1.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
You dreamt it. There's no egg sprite in gen 1.

Not necessarily. When you encounter something that generally isn't supposed to exist, the game attempts to put something in it's place. There doesn't have to be an egg sprite in existance, the game can just place graphical tiles up in such a manner as to appear as an egg, as a substitute for an actual battle sprite. Sometimes you'll run into glitch Pokemon with sprites compiled of borrowed tiles from other areas of the game. (It should be noted that a sprite like this is subject to change - If you ancounter it again it could look completely different.)

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
Clashed tiles and mappings will never result in an egg. Unless it was an Exeggcute sprite and the only thing that was clear was one egg, with garbage around it. As far as I know, no such Fillermon exists, and even if it did, they've done nothing that would spawn one, nor are they implying that it was a Fillermon.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
This has really been troubling me for a while :P. Not the fact I could have seen a Togepi glitch, but the fact I can't tell if I made that up or not xD.

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
I have only tried DUPLICATION GLITCH & it works just perfectly.
Can someone please tell me how to get missigno in Pokemon Gold.

mew_nani

Years
Well there are a few ways. You could use a cheating device, but you can also use.... the Duplication cheat! :D

Sometimes when you clone Pokemon using the duplcation cheat, you'll get one that doesn't come out right. (Like it has level 0, or a glitchy sprite.) Take it to the Day Care and let the couple there hold it for a bit, then take it back and voila! You'll have a Missingno. I've heard you can use bad clones like this to get a Celebi. It's a lengthy process, though.

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
Guys I got 2 missingno. in my pokemon gold.
Now to perform the celebi egg glitch do i need an egg created by two same pokemons of opposite genders or we can use the egg created with help of Ditto.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
The glitch in Gold and Silver (I am fairly sure it was fixed in Crystal) to get all three starters goes like this (if memory serves):

1. Save in front of Elm before getting your starter.
2. Pick your starter, doesn't matter who.
3. Get to the point to where you have Pokeballs.
4. Go catch a junk Pokemon and then give a Pokeball to your starter and box it, then switch boxes.
5. When it's saving and all the words (Saving, do not turn off the power) appear (ALL of them have to be there), turn off the game.
6. Turn it back on and you pick another starter. Rinse and repeat as many times as desired. It'll be easier if you give your starter that Pokeball the first time around.
This is THE BEST glitch ever on GS (dunno Crystal)
Also done the Mew Glitch on Yellow an it has become the Mew distribution center to my Crystal Gold and Red. (sadly can't transfer to Emerald)

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Have you guys heard of the Walk Through Walls Glitch in RBY? It allows you to use Walk Through Walls without cheating.
You will need one Pokémon on your team, a Poisoned Pokémon and Potions to prevent your Pokémon from fainting. Here are the steps:

Spoiler:

Now you can walk through walls all you can "legitly"!
This glitch also makes it possible for the player to enter the Indigo Plateau and Cerulean Cave earlier than usual.

Explanation:
Spoiler:

Years
Have you guys heard of the Walk Through Walls Glitch in RBY? It allows you to use Walk Through Walls without cheating.
You will need one Pokémon on your team, a Poisoned Pokémon and Potions to prevent your Pokémon from fainting. Here are the steps:
That sounds interesting. I wish I still had my Game Boy to try it. :(

That sounds interesting. I wish I still had my Game Boy to try it. :(

Last edited:
Years
I just did the Ditto Glitch to battle Professor Oak.
It all went good, except when I battled Oak. He didn't have any glitched Pokemon nor the high level Pokemon bulbapedia said he would have. Infact, he had only two Pokemon. He has a Level 29 Electrode and a Level 29 Weezing.
I didn't appear to do anything wrong. I started the glitch at the same place method 1 of the Mew Glitch is done (Route 8), but when I flew back, I flew into Saffron City. When I went back to Route 8, I didn't make it passed the checkpoint. I stopped at the door when the menu popped up. Was I suppose to fly into Lavender Town?

Edit: I did it two times more. I did it the Prof. Oak way again going through Lavender Town, and he had the same two Pokemon. I then did it again running into Bruno, and he had Blaine's Pokemon. Growlithe, Ponyta, Arcanine, and Rapidash. I can't explain it.

Last edited:
Years
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ZZAZZ_glitch

It says that the ZZAZZ Glitch works with Pokemon with Special Values 251, 252, 254, and 255. I decided to see what happened when I attempted with a 253.

It the oddest thing. It was a upside down Missingno. with Charizard M's Name. He had two pokemon, one called Trainer that was actually a Level 32 Magnetmite and a Level 32 Missingno. which was moved several pixels to side over and reversed. Truly odd experience.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
I don't know what glitch this is, but I remember years ago back when I still had my Crystal version, I used duplication glitch to get another Lugia and I ended up with a Pokemon named ??????????????? with a Lugia sprite. All of its stats had question marks o.o Every time I sent it out in battle, my game would crash. And when I put it back into my PC, random level 0 Pokemon would pop up in its box. It was so weird.

Edit: Derp just bothered to read the posts on this page fully. So it was a bad duplication, huh. I had figured it was something different lol.

mew_nani

Years
Well, you could say that. It's certainly different from any of the normal Pokemon you find in Crystal. What kinds of level 0 Pokemon appeared when you put in a PC box? :\

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
I remember seeing a Kingdra and an Omastar. More Pokemon popped up, but I don't remember what they were.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
I don't know if this is an "official" glitch ( I certainly didn't do this on purpose ) But I went to start a new game on my Pokemon Yellow and Professor Oak is now a talking black square. I tried turning my Gameboy Color off sand back on again but nope he's stuck like that and I'm rather sad! :( Is there a way to fix this?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Umm, you're not really gonna get any answers posting this in glitch discussion. Try asking in the Q&A thread instead. You'll be noticed more there, since well, that thread is for questions. If possible, could you post a picture? I've never heard of it doing that. Or trying blowing into the cartridge and then playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back