• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Battle Clubs

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
So, something I've seen in the anime is something called a Battle Club. These clubs are each located in a major town or city in the anime and each host various tasks and challenges for both the trainer and the Pokemon to test and enhance their skills, somewhat like a Battle Tent in Pokemon Emerald.

Inside, trainers can access information about other trainers via Xtransceiver, being able to view the trainer's record as well as their Pokemon's skills. The Xtransceiver can also be used as a way to ask trainers for battles.

Do you think that this may be a hint at the Battle Club being an actual, available facility in the new Black 2 and White 2 games? If so, what kind of features would you like to be seen here? Would you want them to be like the Battle Tents in Emerald, or something completely different with different types of battling? Would there be prizes after each task is completed? Discuss as to what opinion you have on the possibility of Battle Clubs being in Black2 and White2.

Personally, I hope they do show up. Though many would think they would have been announced already, try to remember we still know so little about the games. They could be keeping them a secret until the very last moment, similar to how they did with the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald. I also hope that this will be a way to further the Xtransceiver's usage in the new games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think the battle clubs idea is actually pretty interesting :3 It'd work great in-game and it'd be a cool way to learn new moves (based on if they include the training side of the clubs from the anime too rather than just the battles), plus it would even help train EVs if they do include the training half (things like Oshawott increasing stamina by swimming against a current or Tepig training speed & evasion by training on the treadmill with the 'shadow balls'). It'd also increase happiness since the trainer has to do the training with the Pokemon (at least they do in the anime) and this would also open up the door to a new mini-game kind of thing c: I also love the idea of being able to train against teams tailored to suit the strategies you want to develop; this is something that should've been available in all games imo - something like a sandbox mode where you create the trainer you want to face in the clubs? Best training possible to face an oncoming gym leader haha.

Also Don George omg <333333333333333

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
When I saw the cinema building before any real info was on it I thought it was the Battle Club, but there seems to be no support for it yet.

I really want one to exist cause they'd be so cool and a good hint to as to what to expect with the Battle Frontier in B2W2.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wouldn't mind, especially if their was a tournament at one of the battle clubs like in the anime, it could be like Unova's version of the Battle dome ^_^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
A Battle Club would be a totally neat new concept to include in B/W. They could play in a similar way to the Nimbasa sports stadiums, with rotating trainers who get stronger as you get more badges.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I certainly wouldnt mind something like that, it would be different than the average Battle Frontier. Im not sure entirely how it would work. There could be tournaments, andmaybe they could even make it so you can battle people over wi-fi there, or people who you've traded with could appear there and you could battle their teams, that would be a feature I want to see.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Although the idea will be neat, given that Game Freak doesn't tend to follow the anime (the anime bases itself off the games, and the last time Pokemon games followed the anime was Yellow; otherwise why for instances Sevii Islands instead of Orange Islands) I don't see this being more likely to happen than any other viable idea.

Giving the XTransciever more usage is always a plus though.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
I definitely like the idea of one of these in every town. Especially if the events inside were kind of like mini-Frontier challenges to earn BP.

However, I wouldn't want every Club to be just about Battling. In different cities, there would be competitions for catching Pokémon, and some for exploring a cave deep below the building, or answering Trivia questions. Stuff to keep it varied.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
When I watched the anime and they first showed the battle club, I was like that would be pretty awesome to do in the game and I thought they would possibly do it in the 3rd games. They could hand out BP, like an alternative to the battle subway, which I do like also.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
They could be in each Gym City. You go there to battle 3 trainers to help you level up for the Gym. The trainers would refresh once or twice a day. This would ease the pain of not having rematches. (though, they better just have rematches, come on)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm despite not seeing it in the anime, that sounds like it would be kinda fun. If anywhere I think they'd definitely be in Nimbasa, considering that there are the uh, battle test things and the sports dome and the subway. Not sure how they'd run, but they'd need to be in Nimbasa, definitely.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
This sounds like a great idea. I would be very upset if they did not allow you to collect EXP points, however, because that would defeat the purpose. Or maybe there could be a few modes of battle(because GAME FREAK will probably only make it battles xP), one where you earn EXP, one where you earn BP, and one (maybe just in the early towns?) where you can just practice without gain or loss.

Years
Hmmm... Sure why not? A battle club has so many possibilities. The trainers we battle could always be around our highest Pokemon's level or the one in the team that we have when we go. At the most 10 trainers could be in there and they could refresh every 24 hours depending on when you registered-ex. register at noon, trainers refresh next day at noon. Or maybe you could go through rooms like the Battle Frontier.
Like Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said we could have tournaments which I'd be so stoked to see. Though I wonder how could the system work? Battle Royale-run around beating everyone and after your match there would be noticeably less people around until there's one person. A 1 vs. 1 standard tournament that goes weak to strong. A 2 v.s. 2 tag team match where your partners are people you've battled over the Wi-Fi connection or the NPC trainers like Cheryl, Buck, or Marley.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
I loved for you to battle "ghost" trainers. Like you can get wifi info on other players and the DS records them and there teams and you have to battle them to raise your level.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
This. THIS.

It would be such a sweet thing happening. I love the idea of more custom battles that serve to make you stronger and aren't the result of some random youngster annoying you. The Battle CD comes to mind from Pokemon XD, where you had a tough puzzle-like battle to solve, and that would be also cool if it came back.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This sounds like a great idea. I would be very upset if they did not allow you to collect EXP points, however, because that would defeat the purpose. Or maybe there could be a few modes of battle(because GAME FREAK will probably only make it battles xP), one where you earn EXP, one where you earn BP, and one (maybe just in the early towns?) where you can just practice without gain or loss.

Dunno, if they keep in the Sports Domes, then there would be BP from Subway and exp from the Domes, perhaps these Clubs could offer items that would need higher BP in the subway, yet have harder battles there?

Years
I think this would be rather interesting. In some way there could be ranks in the clubs and you can work your way up and so on.

I think it would be a little too complicated to have as a optional part of the game, but one can hope.​

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm usually suspicious of anything that originates in the anime, but this actually seems like a good idea. It would be great if they had EV-specific training tracks so you battle specific Pokemon to raise specific stats. A ranking system would be cool as well, along with dedicated trainers in each city's facility who grow in strength along with you.

Of course, how to actually implement something this complex and not have it make other facilities such as the Nimbasa stadiums redundant, that seems like a challenge in and of itself...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It'd be interesting to see than focus on EVs and whatnot. Maybe instead of EXP your reward is like, double EVs? Idk. I feel as though if it were EXP it'd be too easy to become over leveled, while good, but don't think that's something GF aims for. Idk, but I think the rewards should be items. Nothing like Choice Band or Life Orb or the like, but more like Wise Glasses, Razor Claw, and maybe evolution items, as well. Maybe they could have their own reward points system? Like coupons, from PC and XD, but instead of them being individual coupons, they would all be stored on one card of some sort.

Years
Although the idea will be neat, given that Game Freak doesn't tend to follow the anime (the anime bases itself off the games, and the last time Pokemon games followed the anime was Yellow; otherwise why for instances Sevii Islands instead of Orange Islands) I don't see this being more likely to happen than any other viable idea.

Giving the XTransciever more usage is always a plus though.

I agree with this- and even then, Yellow merely took a few influences from the anime. Seeing as there's been nothing of the sorts since then, I think it's pretty unlikely that we'll see many/any anime influences in Black 2/White 2. But, something I think everyone should bear in mind is that it seems anything is possible when it comes to the fifth generation. So in short I think this is possible, just highly unlikely.

Back