• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extreme Solos: Community's Choice

Stormer

Espeon Trainer
Years
Hello everyone, this is Stormer here. I tried this on another forum and it was quite popular for some time. The object of this challenge is to do a solo run or a sololocke, but you only get to choose either solo or sololocke and the game. The next poster below you gives you your Pokemon you will be competeing with. The poster below that gives you a rule that must be followed for the entire run. The poster below him/her gives you two clauses that activate at certain points. Don't worry, i will give examples and explain this better in a moment.

The Runner: There is only two limits to this. When someone picks their game, they will say if they can obtain any Pokemon, by either trade or hack, or if they can't. If they can't please choose somethign from the early areas of the game. Otherwise any Pokemon is possible except legends because easy mode.

The Rule: This rule is always in effect and should be compared to witholding evolution. Not every rule should be that though, try to get creative. I do have one small requirment. If someone is doing a sololocke, try not to troll them too hard, fit the rule to the Pokemon. You have all the freedom in the world on a regular solo runner though except a death rule because that would be reduent.

The Clauses: These are different from the rules because they activate under certain conditions. When you make them, if it is for a sololocke, check the rule and the mon and make them based on that information. No impossible to win challenges guys for th eones who can die. But... you have no such restrictions on the regular solos.

Solo Clauses for a Magneton with the Rule: No Thunderbolt:
2a. After the Acquisition of Surf, you must go to the back of Valley Windworks and get the thunderbolt tm. You must then teach it to your magnemite/magneton.
2b. For the remainder of your run, magnemite/magneton can not replace thunderbolt
Sololocke Clause example for a Heracross: [8:37:01 PM] Day: "All boss battles must be finished with a bug or fighting type attack"

I hope these help by giving some ideas on clauses. But seriousaly, make the sololockes tough, but not impossible. Save that for the ones who are performing a normal Solo.

So, your probably wondering what you get for completeing one of these. Well, for one your name in either the solo hall of fame or the sololocke hall of fame. Also there may be a user bar for each different group coming. Respect of the community as they watch you compete against the challenge they set for you.

Example:
Stormer says he is playing Ruby and he can't hack. He is doing a Sololocke
Baka gives him Wurmple. Baka wants to play Red. She is doing a Solo and she can hack
Dayafter says this Pokemon can't evolve for Stormer. He gives Baka a Porygon.
NoelKriss gives two clauses to Stormer: + Rule for Baka
1) Wurmple grows 5 levels after every gym it surives
2) Your Wurmple is always hungry. Whenever you obtain an edible item (Vitiman, drink [non potion healing] Rare Candy, Berry) you must use it or toss it immediatly.
Stormer begins playing

This is how it should be done when someone signs up. I urge those of you who give rules, Pokes, and Clauses t osign up too, but you can help if you don't sign up, but remember to respect those who are doing it by not trolling them.

You may post your runs in your own topics here in OA, in any format except livestream you want. If you want to do a livestream of this, just post your intentions in your sign up thread and run it in your livestream channel.

Remember to obey all forum rules while you play this challenge

Solo Run People
Spoiler:

Sololocke People
Spoiler:

You must have all your clauses and your rule to begin playing your run.

Last edited:

Stormer

Espeon Trainer
Years
because of time, I am going to repost an Extreme Solo I am doing on another Forum, I got permisson from Sydian to do this.

My rules:
Spoiler:

No access to muy video camera, so here is a log.

Got Leaf the Boxed fodder Chickaherp and used him to beat Silver and catch a Rattata. It just so happens that during my Ulitmate Mono Ground Nuzlocke in Johto, I still had my Togepi egg in the box. I traded it off before restarting, and then traded it for the aforementioned Rattata.

Egg hatched

Markus the Relaxed Togepi. Likes to Relax. Lv 1

Current postion: North of CherryGrove on Route 30 grinding to Lv 8.

175.gif
Lv 5

Anyways, Joey is down along with his Rattata. Seen some awsome Metronme moves, no troll yet.

On my way to Violet City.

175.gif
Lv 9

Markus lol'd his way through Sprout Tower, we found his Hidden Power is either bug, grass, or Poiosn, then we went to the gym.

175.gif
Lv 14.

Gym up later tonight.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
You get a shuppet. I will also join with sapphire and can hack. No restrictions cause I'm doing a regular solo run. My only other rule is to not evole the Pokemon I get.

Last edited:

freerider

your next challenger
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
You get Spinarak (you can evolve it), I'll start this on my platinum after I finish my Nuzlocke, don't give me bidoof/bibarel or Starly and it's evolutionary lines as I've already done them

Years
I'm in. Using Fire Red, and I can hack. Nothing's too bad for me, just no magikarp/metapod/kakuna...

Stormer

Espeon Trainer
Years
Guys, you have to give each other rules and clauses. It says to do that up in the OP guys. Here is another rundown of how this works.

Post 1. Someone posts saying thye want to join, what game they can play, and etiher solo or sololocke (where your runner dies if it faints) (Their name is Apple)

Post 2. Orange says Apple is using Caterpie. Then Orange signs up for a game.

Post 3. Cherry says that Apple can't use Vitimans (A rule) and gives Orange a Zubat. Cherry wants to compete.

Post 4. Bannana gives Apple two clauses, which are descbied in the OP, gives a rule to Orange, and a Pokemon to Cherry.

Then Apple is ready to start.

If you ask to not be given crazy restrictions, it sort of kills the Extreme part. Please carefully read the OP before posting any cclauses, and make sure you declare your intent to solo or sololocke from the beginning.

Years
You get Spinarak (you can evolve it), I'll start this on my platinum after I finish my Nuzlocke, don't give me bidoof/bibarel or Starly and it's evolutionary lines as I've already done them

You get Machop.(You can't evolve it)

I'm in. I'll use Yellow version, I can hack. No crazy restrictions. ;; Or no really bad Pokemon. ;;

You get Chansey.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
I'm in. Using Fire Red, and I can hack. Nothing's too bad for me, just no magikarp/metapod/kakuna...
You get drowzee! I'm in with platinum and I am able to hack, I only want to solo run, and I would prefer to use an evolved pokemon...

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
Years
You get drowzee! I'm in with platinum and I am able to hack, I only want to solo run, and I would prefer to use an evolved pokemon...

You get Golbat (if you can trade as well, do Crobat). Good luck.
I would like to do a solo run on Gold, I'm not able to hack.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Yeah, I'm gonna need something else. I was lurking reading through Serebii to figure out a good moveset, but now karma strikes me like a ton of bricks. Spinarak is only avalible in HeartGold, so I'll need a new Pokemon.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
I will do this on yellow and kobra you get an Onix (Steelix if you can trade) the clauses are that onix wants to keep everyone happy so he must keep bind and he loves to play hide-and-seek so he must get dig when applicable he may forget these moves when he grows up which is when he turns rock solid when he learns stone edge which is an optional move but if learned he must keep it! I hope that keeps things interesting! :)

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
Years
Yeah, I'm gonna need something else. I was lurking reading through Serebii to figure out a good moveset, but now karma strikes me like a ton of bricks. Spinarak is only avalible in HeartGold, so I'll need a new Pokemon.

EDIT just noticed your other post. oops.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
You know this guy?
gby025.gif

Yeah i never liked him... i thought i was gonna hate him some more going into brock's gym... Turns out i dont completely hate this little furball :) ikinda like pikachu now!now to the log

-Started the game up
-Named self TSK
-Named riival LOL
-super sped through most of the beginning
-trained alot!
-beat brock on the third try
-powned through mt moon
-beat misty's face
-beat nugget bridge
-saved

i gots a
gby025.gif