• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

You people next to beaches are all are some lucky people, then. I live in California and I don't even live next to a beach. Not a good one anyway... My favorite beach actually was in Oregon. I went camping at this place a few summer agos, and we rode our bikes along the beach to the this town that was practically ALL candy/icecream shops or some kind tourist trap store that sells you all these cool little things that you don't really need...

I live next to a lake, that is so clear they felt they needed to call it "Clearlake" If you google it, you get pictures like this.
Spoiler:

But really, it looks like this:
Spoiler:

So clearly, I am NEVER getting in that.
By the Lady's bladed teats, you live in Cali? So do I!

My summer here in Monterey has been cold. Monterey's usually cold thanks to the coastal weather. No joke, it almost never gets above 80 F around here.

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
I... Umm... Don't have much planned. This is pretty much what I'd do in the summer:
Go to some restaurants, play video games, go on a sleepover, internet, movies.

Yeah like I said, I don't have much planned. :/

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Summer Paradise Chit-Chat!

I don't really plan my summer. Actually, I never plan any of my days :-P
I just go with the flow and depends what my friends or my girlfriend wants to do :-)

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I got my schedule for Fall planned out and it is AMAZING. 8D

Pascal programming, Pre-calculus, English, and Japanese. :3

I'd only have classes on three days, and on the third day I get to leave at noon! :D

Years
I still need to register my classes for this fall :3c I just hope that I can have an early enough schedule where my classes aren't too late though Dx

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Have you planned the schedule out yet, at least?

That's what I do every semester as soon as the schedules are released. Just so I can plan it out and make changes if something becomes full.

Years
Nope, not just yet D: but I really need to because as you say, time is running out.. all I have now is an academic advising guide for the area I choose to study in, and that has a list of classes I need to take and how many credit hours those classes are

Also, before I even register, I need to check up on any financial aid for my school so I dont make the mistake of having to pay everything out of my pocket. -_-

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah checking out about financial aid is really important @_@ There are a lot of people who don't read the "rules" entirely and they don't end up getting the support! It is bad!

Also going back to "summer" part of the new SUMMER DCC.. it is Summer for about 3 days a month in England ;_; *looks outside to the bleak dreariness..*

I'm taking the summer to work on a new cosplay though!

Honest

Hi!
Years
Dude, I just OUT of school. Kinda don't want to even think about going back. D;

And I live next to Coney Island Beach. Aka Trash Beach.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I generally don't plan stuff like that. I intend to SR for a shiny Rayquaza...does that count? My only accomplishments yet this summer are catching a Kyogre with decent IVs and a shiny Chikorita...
The only thing I know of is that a friend I haven't seen since last year invited some people (including me) to their family's beach house in another state. I was there before, and apparently they were drudging waaay out in the ocean, and it was causing stuff to wash up. Like small starfish.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Dude, I just OUT of school. Kinda don't want to even think about going back. D;

And I live next to Coney Island Beach. Aka Trash Beach.

I remember Coney Island from playing this bad-ass game called The Warriors which was based off the movie of the same name. It seemed pretty legit then, but then again it was a video game and supposed to be like the 1970s.... I'm wondering though, why do you call it that??

As for summer plans... Where I live, it is extremely, extremely boring. What little there is to do, has been the same thing to do all my life, so as you can imagine, it has gotten quite boring. I think this summer I really should get a job, but for some reason I just haven't been into it. I'll probably get around to soon, though, because I REALLY need some cash. It's hard though, to find a job, because I'm not 18 and can't be as available as adults, which is the one redeeming quality around here I guess. Other than that... despite what I want, I'm just going to hanging out with friends all summer... every day... doing the same boring thing, in the same boring place.... ohdearsomeonesaveme._.

Oh, and @Slenderman: When I went to Science Camp way back in the 6th grade, we went out to the Tidepools and saw some amazing things. Sea Urchins, Starfish, there was even a Squid/Octopus thing, I don't really remember... but it was cool!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Wow, I haven't been online in a while. (aside from trying to be. . .)
New thread eh?

My summer plans? Nil.
I'm not really in school anymore, so I guess that killed part of the allure of it. Besides, autumn is my favorite. :I

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My summer plans? Nil.
I'm not really in school anymore, so I guess that killed part of the allure of it. Besides, autumn is my favorite. :I

That is me too! I love the fall *_*!
THOUGH what's nice about summer is that it's not freaking DARK when leaving work like it is i winter. I like having daylight until 9 *_*!!! <3

Gabri

m8
Years
Oh look, yet another dcc.
My summer plans? One week in the Algarve somewhere in August. Will be good to let loose all the stress from so many exams and Uni work.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My summer plans are work out and learn some coding languages if I'm not too lazy. My objectives are : sleep, eat, play, drink and be a lazy ass :)
Also exams just finished today so summer begins!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Every season has upsides and downsides. Wouldn't it be obnoxious for it to always be hot or always be cold? I don't particularly like heat, but without it, cold weather wouldn't be enjoyable.

I suspect the less-than-two-weeks of summer that remain will be wasted just kind of existing.

Years
Don't you just hate it when that happens? I've been trying to start up pokemon again, except I've played each generation to death that I get bored easily.

@JNathan Working out is a good idea. I feel really stiff this morning, and I don't know why but I'm more inflexible than usual.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Do you actually work out? If you do, do you perform dynamic or static stretches? If it is the latter, then you should stop immediately... It is bad to do static stretches, or stretches without movement. To warm up/cool down, you should get into something dynamic like jumping jacks or leg lifts. Static stretches actually make performance worse... and if you think about it, it kind of makes sense. If you have a rubber band that you are shooting paper wasps with, it is going to loser power when it gets stretched out. So your muscles are like that, I'd imagine.

Working out is amazing though, I can't deny the benefits of it. I don't really work out, but when I do, I like to do it in the early morning when I wake up. All I need is a banana and a little bit of a protein shake or something and I'm good to do my morning routine. Of course, I follow it up with a good breakfast afterwards. But that is a lot of work, haha, so I don't do it very often as you might imagine, because I'm lazy.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Do you actually work out? If you do, do you perform dynamic or static stretches? If it is the latter, then you should stop immediately... It is bad to do static stretches, or stretches without movement. To warm up/cool down, you should get into something dynamic like jumping jacks or leg lifts. Static stretches actually make performance worse... and if you think about it, it kind of makes sense. If you have a rubber band that you are shooting paper wasps with, it is going to loser power when it gets stretched out. So your muscles are like that, I'd imagine.

Working out is amazing though, I can't deny the benefits of it. I don't really work out, but when I do, I like to do it in the early morning when I wake up. All I need is a banana and a little bit of a protein shake or something and I'm good to do my morning routine. Of course, I follow it up with a good breakfast afterwards. But that is a lot of work, haha, so I don't do it very often as you might imagine, because I'm lazy.

I heard the opposite. When you get out of bed you should slowly stretch the muscles first, and then gradually do static stretches with resistance (plank, horse stance/ squats, etc.)
At least that's what my podiatrist told me. It's good to stretch but not overstretch. Holding a stretch for 20-30 seconds is good, but don't "bounce" on it to try and stretch further.

I go to the gym twice a week on average (mostly I will go 2 times but sometimes I go 3 or only 1) but I'm thinking I might bump that up to 3 times a week mostly.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Davey Wavey Fitness said:
According to researchers, static stretching reduces strength by almost 5.5%. In a different study involving squats, static stretching was found to reduce strength by 8.3% – and was linked to increased feeling of instability. Researchers noted that the impact is greatest when muscles are stretched for 90 seconds or more – and somewhat reduced for stretches under 45 seconds.
But it doesn't end there. Power is a measure of a muscle's ability to produce for during contractions, and muscle power generally falls by about 2% after static stretching. Explosive muscular power – like bursting into a full sprint – was reduced by 2.8%.
While reducing output by a few percentage points doesn't sound like a big deal, every pound or nanosecond counts – especially in the world of competitive sports. When races are won by hundredths of a second, reducing power by 2% is a game changer.

source here

That is the article that I read on it. But from what I understand, doing a stretch with resistance would be dynamic. I don't know about planking or horse stretches, but squatting would be dynamic as it encourages the movement of the muscles that you use to actually squat. But doing something like say... a flamingo, is bad, because you are just holding the muscle in that outstretched position. And while might provide a greater range of flexibility, it also comes with a power loss that ensures you won't have the proper strength to fully accommodate for it. It's like saying that high octane gasoline is better for your car, in most cases it is, but if you care is say... a Diesel that doesn't run on such a high-compression engine, then having the "better" fuel won't do you any good, it'll probably actually cause harm. While it is better, you just don't have the right type of engine to process it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back