• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Orange Generation

Should I release a beta?

• Yes

Votes: 867 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Pokémon Orange Generation [BETA 3 IN PROGRESS!]

ORG.png

(name subject to change)

.:: Hack of ::.
Pokémon
badge-firered.png

.:: Introduction ::.
Do you still remember the famous Orange Islands blue hack by D.Tyle? Think again, for you will be seeing the lights of it in the new Pokémon Orange Generation, the new revamp of the hack.

Sorry there isn't any updates these few months, becaues i had lost the files. But the hack is still in progress!

The hack will be released in three parts:
  • The original revamp of the game. (as beta 3)
  • The continuation of the original hack. The original hack is not completed, unless someone could send me one (if it really exist).
  • The edit of Sevii Islands into a new region.

.:: Story ::.
You wake up one day to find your mom telling you that Prof. Ivy is looking for you. She brings you to her lab, where she gives you a surprise - a Pokémon for you. However, you find that Prof. Oak's grandson, who had justed moved in to live with Prof. Ivy, is there too. You take the Pokémon, and have a battle with your rival. Explore the new world in the new orange islands, and another new region to explore!

.:: Features ::.
  • New Maps and Region
  • New journey through the Orange Islands
  • Able to catch all non-legned Pokémon
  • The orange crew
to be continued?

.: Changes from old to new :.
  • Original FireRed starter
  • You no longer lives in the Pokémon Centre
  • Slight change in original plot
  • You no longer surf using surfboard
  • Your rival will be Prof. Oak's grandson, and he lives on the island with Prof. Ivy.
  • The SS.Anne will be back, and this time, located in Navel Island. It might be changed however, in the next version.
to be continued?

Changes from beta 2
  • You will get a lapras in addition to the starter pokémon in valencia island.
  • S.S Anne will be moved (or removed)
to be continued?

.:: Progress Report ::.
  • Title Screen (Only the FireRed title not edited)
  • Valencia Island Revamp
  • [S-HIGHLIGHT]Lapras Script[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (Help needed)

.:: Screenshots ::.
These are old screenshots, and might be different from beta 3.
Spoiler:

.::Help needed::.
  • Battle Sprite of Drake
  • [S-HIGHLIGHT]Overworld Sprite of Orange Crew and Drake[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
  • [S-HIGHLIGHT]Scripting[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (It seems that i'm weak at this)
to be continued?

.:: Glitch ::.
Spoiler:

.:: Downloads ::.
Beta 3 (2009)???
Beta 2 (17 October 2007)
Beta 1 (21 July 2007)

For those who want to download the original blue hack, please download the attachment below.

Banners
Spoiler:

Credits

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
nice hack I would help I can sprite or insert the ows for you see my hack pokemon celebi's return

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
i know how to insert aready. i only need help with title screen, battle sprite and ow for now. maps revamp will be in the future

darkmc21

Presenting: Lucario Legends
Years
This looks like a good hack.
If it helps, here's a title screen Lapras (in attachments), you'll have to do color editing yourself though.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
currently having problems with the tileset. fixing now.

i have updated the page, and remove the map revamp help. I have also removed helps for the 2nd part of the game.

Frugget

Meteor Masher
Years
the best part is, the islands don't even have to be accurate in accordance with the tv show, because no-one even remembers what they were like. i'll bet anyone ten bucks that they can't remember one of the orange island team member's names (the ones that have the four badges or whatever). If you do, you're either a super photograpic memory poke-nerd, or have a lot of time (and tapes) on your hands. that means no money. for anyone.:badsmile:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
the best part is, the islands don't even have to be accurate in accordance with the tv show, because no-one even remembers what they were like. i'll bet anyone ten bucks that they can't remember one of the orange island team member's names (the ones that have the four badges or whatever). If you do, you're either a super photograpic memory poke-nerd, or have a lot of time (and tapes) on your hands. that means no money. for anyone.:badsmile:
Cissy
mwahah. I win.
I only saw like the first 5 orange island episodes though :(
that said, even though most may not remember EXACTLY what the islands were like, it should still be made as accurately as possible. if you don't make it like the orange islands, then you might as well just make it a pokemon island game, not the pokemon ORANGE island game.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019

It can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Orange_Islands_Gym_Leaders. The original blue hack does not really follow the original storyline of the anime.

i had also added screenshot on tangelo island and Murcott island.

Thanks for voting for a beta release, but i need an overworld sprite of prof. ivy first.

*Neos*

Mexican Hacker!
Years
Good work my friend, I like the concept of your hack, It´s very good! But only you change the Pallete of the trees, and The water... And new tiles... I like the graphic part...

ciao!

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
the hack is good but you should change palets and some tiles.
If you make the changes the hack will be great

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I do remember playing a Blue hack with the Orange Islands in it, but that was some long time ago. But this is not planned as a remake of that game, right? Then, is this an Orange hack on its own? (I just wonder what was that introduction then... :P)

It's a good start, so let's see how much it can improve.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Good maps. Though the fourth screenshot where theres the dragon guy, above the house theres a water block instead of the edge.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
it would be cool if u could add the 4th gen pokemon.but this hack seems preety cool so far.

Last edited:

kuku-melon

carbonero
Years
Well, I simply love the idea of hack based on that forgotten part of the series by nintendo (orange islands).
So, I wish you the best of lucks:)

Back