• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A UU team.

NothingPersonal

The vietnamese pokemon master.
Years
Alright, I've been looking, studying, and learning more and more about the B/W metagame these past weeks/months. OU had some really powerful pokemon, but UU had so many overlooked pokemon that I wanted to try out. The idea of this team is to mostly taunt any users of non-attacking moves (so clerics, toxic stallers, etc), and set up entry hazards while using snorlax to rack up damage with whirlwind, and getting rid of any rapid spinners. This team utilizes SR and Spikes, Toxic Spikes are unnecessary and I believe they'd take up space (entry hazard overload). Crocune is my ever so deadly late game sweeper. Suggestions are welcome.

500.png

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
Screws up most leads, use trick, then fire away with a leaf storm + volt switch hit-and-run. If tricking the lead is a bad idea, I volt switch into another pokemon, possibly luring out any spinners. This acts as a sort of anti-lead, revenge killer and special attacker. Rotom-H was another viable pokemon for this role, but it's stealth rock weakness can really make it hard for it to switch on to the field. As for it's other forms, Rotom-W is OU and Rotom-S is like a crappy zapdos.

388.png

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Recover
- Toxic
Has WAY too much bulk to be in UU (it's HP is why it's in this tier, but still). It's a fast spiker, because it's defences are already amazing especially combined with maximum HP. Speed is crucial to taunt any fast utility pokemon, however prankster users are always a pain. Toxic and recover are for stalling, while it lays down spikes. Most pokemon won't OHKO this guy, so spikes is easy to set up.

302.png

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Recover
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
I needed a spinblocker, and sableye is arguably the best one out there. I takes care of common RS like hitmontop and donphan with will-o-wisp, however, Blastoise might be a problem. Prankster is gift from heaven, allowing it to troll so many utility pokemon. Night Shade for a small, but decent 100 HP chunk (seismic toss + prankster is illegal).

232.png

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
My stealth rock setterupper. Also rapid spins any entry hazards my opponent sets up, while dealing out large amounts of damage with EQ. Ice shard is crucial for a priority kill and handles flying types.

143.png

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind
This guy racks up damage with whirlwind, with nice healing from RestTalk, Body Spam Slam paralyzes pokemon, making snorlax's job easier. Snorlax also has nice synergy with CroCune, covering up crocune's low SpD with his great Def.

245.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Crocune, an extremely dead late game sweeper, can clean things up easily (especially after all the entry hazard damage). Calm mind, then RestTalk when necessary. It can get multiple boosts and get me a victory with it's scald (which is only resisted by water, grass, dragon, etc).

So that's my team, any suggestions would be nice. <3

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
All the Rotom appliances don't have much use for Shadow Ball this generation, so how about Hidden Power (Ice) instead?

As a defensive Pokemon, Deoxys-D needs the Defense EVs more than it needs the Speed EVs, though it's still fast for a wall (252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef).

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
A pretty solid team, though Heracross can rip through it pretty well (Gladly taking Toxic or WoW). I honestly think some sort of priority (Ice Shard Donphan doesn't count :P) would do this team a lot of good. Looking around now I don't really see where it would fit in well without losing something that fits, but this would take care of a lot of things that can currently hurt pretty bad (Darmanitan, Heracross, Mamoswine, Flygon, even Tornadus and Nidoking):

Azumarill@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
212 HP / 252 Attack / 44 Speed
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Return
Superpower

And without Jellicent he does a much better job.

But like I said, I don't know where it could fit in, really, because this is a pretty well put together team. It does however warrant some looking into because anything that's fast and powerful will cause some trouble in your team, and without priority they're free to come in, hit hard, then leave to do it again later.

NothingPersonal

The vietnamese pokemon master.
Years
Status might boost heracross's atk, but it still gets worn down by toxic, and my pokemon can take a few hits. Something fast and powerful will most likely be stalled to death. Azumarill seems interesting to better handles those fast/powerful threats, but finding space on the team is hard as you stated :/

Edit: Changed shadow ball to hp ice. Much better coverage, thanks.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Unfortunately:

Heracross@Choice Scarf with Burn/Poison using Megahorn

252 +1 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs 4 HP/0 Def Rotom-C: 245.45% - 288.84%
100% chance to OHKO

252 +1 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs 252 HP/4 Def Deoxys-D: 124.34% - 147.04%
100% chance to OHKO

252 +1 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs 248 HP/120 Def Sableye: 112.87% - 133%
100% chance to OHKO

252 +1 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs 248 HP/0 Def Donphan: 69.97% - 82.51%
2 hits to KO

252 +1 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs 252 HP/4 Def Snorlax: 84.35% - 99.62%
2 hits to KO

252 +1 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs 252 HP/252 Def Suicune: 50.74% - 60.15%
2 hits to KO

And that's if it's Scarfed. :/

But yeah, every team will always have at least one weakness, so I guess it might just be something you'll have to work around.

Back