• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hail To The Funyarinpa! (Zero Escape Thread)

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Anyone here played either 999: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors or Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? Having recieved 999 recently, I can't stop playing it! At the end of my first playthrough, I got the 'Sub' ending...(i'm still curious as to who killed everyone). What are your thoughts on the game(s)? Thinking about getting either? I'm going to get VLR as soon as I get the 'True' ending of 999.

Be sure to look into these games if you haven't already!

Years
I played both games (or so-called visual novels), the story is nice in my opinion. I'm now waiting for the third game in the series.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It seems my thread was so hidden that it couldn't have been found :D
I played both, finished both, loved both and I want the third installment as soon as possible. Hopefully Vita or PS3.
I first found 999 because of my friend who was playing it on emulator so I decided to give it a shot and... wow. I haven't enjoyed game so much for a while.
Then Virtue's Last Reward became free on PS+ and I immediately decided to buy PS+ and... Vita. So VLR is the sole reason why I bought Vita.

darkpokeball

Years
Just bought VLR from the 3ds eShop, hoping to use the save back-up feature so the game-breaking glitch won't affect me too much. I'm so looking forwards to it! (And I'm also looking to buy ZE3 when it comes out.)

Oh, and I got the True Ending in 999 today. Holy mothertrucker....my mind was blown. Jeez! I mean...I'm still processing it.

Years
Sadly 999 never made it to Europe... but I played Virtue's Last Reward and thought it was really interesting. Some of the endings are crazy!
I'm looking forward to the next in the series.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sadly 999 never made it to Europe...
That's what emulators are for =D

Just bought VLR from the 3ds eShop, hoping to use the save back-up feature so the game-breaking glitch won't affect me too much.
Game breaking glitch? There was one...?
I had no... though my friend had one in one puzzle that was supposed to open the doors... are you talking about that one?

Years

Game breaking glitch? There was one...?
I had no... though my friend had one in one puzzle that was supposed to open the doors... are you talking about that one?

In the 3DS version, apparently saving the game at certain points (I think the PEC room was one) causes the game to crash, and on restarting the game, all data will have been corrupted. Don't think there's such a thing in the PS Vita version.

darkpokeball

Years
In the 3DS version, apparently saving the game at certain points (I think the PEC room was one) causes the game to crash, and on restarting the game, all data will have been corrupted. Don't think there's such a thing in the PS Vita version.
^Yeah, this is what I was talking about.
ANyways, I'm being super careful and I'm ONLY saving during novel sections. I'm also using the save data back-ups, but my file hasn't corrupted yet. Anyways, I was playing it and I was thinking
Holy beep! This game is awesome! I want to more about how the ZE3 Nonary game will play out!

So I went ahead and googled Zero Escape 3 so I could find out what they had planned so far. Instead, I massively spoiled myself after a small portion of the article. I quickly closed it, but now I'm really hoping I forget everything I read. And the comments section...I read that too for some idiotic reason.

Spoiler:

So I think I just ruined a bit of VLR on accident. Can somebody read the below spoilers and tell me if they are significant?
Spoiler:

Really hoping none of it is a huge game-ruining experience.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I LOVE this series, and am eagerly anticipating the third installment! ^-^ In 999, I also got the Submarine ending first (which is the worst ending of the six, in my opinion).

I got the game-breaking glitch in VLR in my second path after resuming a save in the PEC Room. >_< Thank goodness it was only my second path! I hear it can also happen in the Crew Quarters. But yeah, since then, I saved only in the novel sections, even if I got horribly stuck in a certain puzzle room with no Internet to help me escape.

So I went ahead and googled Zero Escape 3 so I could find out what they had planned so far. Instead, I massively spoiled myself after a small portion of the article. I quickly closed it, but now I'm really hoping I forget everything I read. And the comments section...I read that too for some idiotic reason.

Spoiler:

So I think I just ruined a bit of VLR on accident. Can somebody read the below spoilers and tell me if they are significant?
Spoiler:

Awww, you saw that spoiler!? I'm sorta the same way with spoilers--I tend to tempt fate by reading just a little bit more, then boom, spoiler. D:< The spoilers in your second spoiler tag are significant in some sense. They're a bit more spoiler-y if you joined them with some other pieces of information. Also, I guess they're spoiler-y in the sense that your own theories will probably be affected by these, increasing your chances at guessing what's going on.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
^Yeah, this is what I was talking about.
ANyways, I'm being super careful and I'm ONLY saving during novel sections. I'm also using the save data back-ups, but my file hasn't corrupted yet. Anyways, I was playing it and I was thinking
Holy beep! This game is awesome! I want to more about how the ZE3 Nonary game will play out!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ouchie... :D You pretty much spoilered yourself too much...
Better forget it as soon as possible =D

But on the other hand... everything might not fall into place before the "3rd" installment (which will actually be sequel to 999 and prequel to VLR :D) is released :D

Oh, that's nice =D Vita rulezzzzz =D

darkpokeball

Years
Anyone else hoping for Clover to be in ZE3? XD It'd be awesome if she competed in every Nonary Game held ever....of course, she'd have to somehow forget about everything that happened because she clearly says that VLR is her third Nonary game(and she had already done 2 by the end of 999)

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
It would be a stretch if Clover was in the next game, considering the story. But with what goes on in these games, you never know! I'd feel really sorry for her, though. Having to go through a Nonary Game once seems like a horrible experience, but four times? What a life!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It would be a stretch if Clover was in the next game, considering the story. But with what goes on in these games, you never know! I'd feel really sorry for her, though. Having to go through a Nonary Game once seems like a horrible experience, but four times? What a life!
I think that's precisely why she should be there :D
But... considering VLR's information we can presume she won't be participant.

HUGE spoiler for those who haven't played VLR.
Spoiler:

darkpokeball

Years
I think that's precisely why she should be there :D
But... considering VLR's information we can presume she won't be participant.

HUGE spoiler for those who haven't played VLR.
Spoiler:
Participant Wishlist of ZE3:
Spoiler:

Who else hoping for another version of Zero III? That guy was annoying...but I loved him anyways! Also, what twist on Nonary Game do you think they'll put here? Ambidex Edition pretty much completely changed the rules, so there's nothing saying ZE3 won't do the same.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Participant Wishlist of ZE3:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

darkpokeball

Years
Just got the true ending on VLR. Geez...that...was...mind-blowing. And it's on a much bigger scale than 999 was!

Just got the true ending in VLR. Holy...cow! In 999, the twist was also shocking, but this time, it's waaaay higher stakes. The cliffhanger at the end...
I need ZE3...now.
*UPDATED* Participant Wishlist:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I actually remember saving in the PEC room and turning out fine. It definitely happened, because IIRC that room took me a few hours to do.

But I'm glad to see that there's so much Zero Escape love, it's a pretty underground series despite the critical acclaim, and that's sad, because the games are incredible.

Speaking of incredible, Zero Jr. is amazing. I love every moment he's on screen, and his English VA does an incredible job with his voicing and his puns. I know there are other great characters and other great voice actors (like Laura Bailey and Liam O'Brien), but this character in particular was loud, audacious, and is just a plain joy. I dunno, I love Zero Jr. He's not my favorite character, but he easily had my favorite performance.

Endgame/Postgame spoilers for VLR
Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I know there are other great characters and other great voice actors
I agree! Mamiko Nono and Tamara Yukari were the most awesome =)

Endgame/Postgame spoilers for VLR
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

darkpokeball

Years
It's kind of hard to talk about Zero Escape without a spoiler getting involved xD
There's just so many twists that the story takes...
Anyways, if you were to rank your characters from least to favorite, what would you get? For me:
999/Classic Cast
Santa > Snake > Akane > Clover > Junpei > Ace > Lotus > Seven > 9th Man
VLR/New Cast
Phi > Luna > Sigma > K > Clover > Tennymouchi > Alice > Dio > Quark

How about you guys?
Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yotsuba always for me :D
Hard to do a ranking... well... I'll try.

999: Yotsuba - Junpei - Santa - Akane - Snake - Lotus - Seven - Ace - Kubota

VLR: Yotsuba - Phi - Luna - Sigma - Alice - Tenmyouji - K - Quark - Dio

Back