• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
The whole "make shiny's more likely to appear"-thing doest really appeal to me. I really want them to be special. Maybe having to do some really hard challenge to make shiny encounters more likely would be fine for me, but I shouldn't be something easy to do.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I hope Masuda Method is back and more powerful than ever! Let's go from 1 in 1366 to 1 in 800! As much as I love shinies and their rarity, the point is, if you Masuda, you WILL eventually get a shiny. (I did it, got a shiny Smeargle after 665 eggs.) So, if you speed that up, so that we can get them after 200, we'll have more time to hunt for more...with school and all, I would love this to happen.

Other than that, wild encounters should still be 1 in 8192...

Guy

just a guy
Years
While I firmly believe Shiny Pokémon should be kept to a rare find, I've always felt like the wild encounter rate (1 in 8192) was a bit much. I wouldn't be totally against it if that came down a bit.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
i've seen 3 Shineys in the wild and caught them... over 1500 hours betwwen all the DS games. That is rare stuff. I've never had legit Pokerus... or maybe once.

Shinies are only interesting because they are rare, but.... maybe once in a hundred hours maybe?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I also tend to run into a shiny in nearly every game...wonder if I'll be lucky enough to find one in Y...

I don't think all Megas should sacrifice something, just the very strong ones like MegaMewtwo and MegaGarchomp.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I ran into 2 shinies in HG is about 60 hours of game play and have a few others MMed.

In BW2 we get the Shiny Charm after we finish the Dex, which really isn't all that hard if you are on here, but I understand what you all mean. Right now in BW2 the chances are 1 in 2730.6 with RE's and 1 in 1024 with MM. Which is already low enough.

But if they make different shiny forms for each pokemon, then I can see it going slightly lower.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I ran into 2 shinies in HG is about 60 hours of game play and have a few others MMed.

In BW2 we get the Shiny Charm after we finish the Dex, which really isn't all that hard if you are on here, but I understand what you all mean. Right now in BW2 the chances are 1 in 2730.6 with RE's and 1 in 1024 with MM. Which is already low enough.

But if they make different shiny forms for each pokemon, then I can see it going slightly lower.

Years
I remember Shinies were in the list in one of the trailers of the parts that made up the series. Several of those things have gotten changes such as Types, 151 (some getting Megas), etc.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I've encountered a shiny on 4 occasions in the wild. (caught 3 of them) First was a Rhyhorn in Gold, but I didn't catch it because I didn't know what it was. Second was a Kecleon in Sapphire. Third was a Carvanha while I was searching for a feebas in Ruby. The fourth and most recent was a Kriketune in soul silver.

I suppose I must be pretty lucky then. I wouldn't mind if shinies became a little less rare, I think there's some room for that without them losing what makes them special.

Years

It will be interesting to see different versions of shiny Pokémon this generation compared to the ones thus far.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Can't believe people still think Yvonne and Xavier are only demo names and Callem and Serena are their true names.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
hmm, using the pokeradar after a 40 chain it becomes very likely doesn it?
i think the base stat for a shiny and pokerus is over the top. i've seen 3 shinies in my 13 years of pokemon. a shiny corphish/crawdaunt, stantler and..... it's been so long i can;t even remember the other one :/

1 in 8192? i think 1 in 3000 is a good base but keep the pokeradar chains to around 35+

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Calem or Serena will be your rival's name.I suppose that Xavier/Calem and Serena/Yvonne will be those default names we chose at the beginning.

I know that it's just some people still think your Trainer and the NPC are the same characters while they are not.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
A New Pokemon will be revealed on september 25th according to serebii. It is an evolved pokemon apparently. Excited.

Years
I'm hoping it's an old generation Pokemon. However if it's one of Kalos then I'm hoping it'll be Helioptile, I want to see it evolve as currently I fear it may be a one stager like Minun and Plusle :(

Back