• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
It's awesome that someone's managed to add 3D Sound, I own both HG/SS for real (beat them already) and I thought it was such a cool feature.

It's not just for water either, depending on what you're walking on it always makes a different sound, ground, grass, rocky paths, wooden paths, etc. You can also hear some machinery too like windmills and engines and generators the closer you get to them. It'd be great if you could include all these though it's not really a big deal if not.

Thx for the suggestions kyle ^^, after reading your post, I decided to add more sounds, so far I have already implemented the walking on tall grass one, I'll maybe implement the others before releasing the demo.

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
Like lots of the recent and more famous ones this is going to be an ideal match - keep it up and push yourself!

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Great demo will be relased tommorow! I can't wait! I waiting for this long time.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Great demo will be relased tommorow! I can't wait! I waiting for this long time.
Thx ^^.

Like lots of the recent and more famous ones this is going to be an ideal match - keep it up and push yourself!
Thank you too.

Not bad from my point of view. :p
Neither anyone else I hope =0.

Well guys, it looks like there is nothing in my way to release the demo tomorrow, wish me good luck guys, I'm finishing testing it!

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
You've been doing a great Job so far JV. Keep it going and I hope everything turns out perfectly the way you want it tomorrow ;) Good luck man. looking forward to the demo.

pokedex master

Mr.pokedex
Years
i've got tons of ideas for pokemon if you need help with that

i've got tons of ideas for pokemon if you need help with that :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well, I thought about your offer and I decided that no, I don't want you to map for me =/. Thats one thing I like doing myself, in my own style and technique... but I would be very grateful if you continue making o/ws for the game.

Okies, JV. Its your game, you can do whatever you want, and i think you're right. ';D
I don't have time even to help myself though. I'm always busy with something else than hacking/ o/w spriting. '=(

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
2pphee1.png

~Pokémon Uranium Demo Release~

Today is probably one of the most special days in my life (ok, I had a lot of better days), thats my first real accomplishment in rmxp, it's the first time I release anything to public. What can make things even more special? Well, today is also Uranium's first year birthday! Yes, 5th of October of 2008 I opened rmxp and clicked in the new project button, here it is xD. Well, I know you all only want to play the game and have some fun so here a few things I'd like you to do for me...

-Report any bugs you find posting here.
-Don't desencrypt it for gods sake.
-If there is any problem in your playthrough, feel free to ask here.
-Have loads of fun.
-Appreciate all the custom pokémon, music and tiles =].

Yes, thats it, also, I think that is a really stable version of the game, you won't have problems playing through it...

~Donwload Link~: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jqtmwtzwzdv

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Hooray! A demo! I can download this and play straight away or do I have to get a certain program first?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Excellent Job JV. Getting it now. Oh CAD you don't need any other program. Just unpack and enjoy ;)

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
I found one thing already, but I will save that for the final critique.

But I do have a question. What are the controls?

EDIT: Never mind. Found it.

Last edited:

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Ok, I played for an hour and got all the way to Kevlar Town and decided to call it a night, not before writing my critique, however. I'll start with what needs to be worked on. And then I'll move on to the stuff that I thought was awesome.

1. I'll start with spelling errors. Pretty much every time I saw the work Pokémon (or anything that started with Poké), it was misspelled, either pokemon or Pokemon, etc. If you dont know how to get the é, just press the Alt Key+130.

2. Having a conversation with the lady by the lab, she says, "My daughter is a trainer, did you know? she is training her TINEAD in Route 01." It should read, "My daughter is a trainer, did you know? She is training her TINEAD on Route 01."

3. In the tall grass after your first battle with a wild Pokémon, Professor Bamb'o talks to you. His last line is, "Ok, ill let you go, bye." Change to, "Ok, I'll let you go. Bye."

Ok, now onto what I saw from the get go.
1. The transition from the opening cutscene (which I found that I couldn't skip when watching it again) to the title screen was very sudden. I saw that it changed and I did a double take. I was like, "What?"

2. I ran through the Controls tutorial. When showing the arrows, the left and right arrows were reversed (left pointing right, right pointing left).

3. Also in the Controls tutorial, I found it hard to read the text. The background was too bright, and the text too dark.

4. Going downstairs to see my aunt, I saw that her sprite was one of the rather young looking ones. Isn't she retired?

5. In the Diamond Menu, I thought it was weird having my character face wherever the cursor was facing.

6. On Route 01, your first trainer battle is against what looks like a little boy. When I was challenged to battle, the sprite is of a schoolgirl!

7. I don't like that you can't see the number of HP your Pokémon has in battle.

8. I lost a battle against a Mankey in the wild, and it said that I panicked and lost 48 Pokédollars! This was a bit odd.

9. In Kevlar Town, there was an old man near the Pokémon Center who told me a very dry joke. The joke isn't making me write this one, it's the fact that he's old and he said dude! It was highly illogical, yet strangely funny.

10. Only one glitch (that I found at least). In Kevlar's Pokémart, you can walk into the black part of the place (only one square in) on either side of the exit.

11. You can't enter the two houses east of the Pokémart in Kevlar.

12. Flager's (the Pokémon I got from the test) backsprite is incomplete. There's a chunk of the sprite missing.

Ok, the bad stuff is over. Now for the things that made me LOL.

1. I talked to the Hero's game system, and he said, "Oh man, I need a new video game system, like the Wii." Oh yeah, that had a spelling mistake as well, the I was an i.

2. When your aunt gives you the shoes, she gives you "the shoes and a kiss." I thought that was great.

3. The slogans on the town signs were funny and original.

Now for the good stuff.

1. The Diamond Menu. I'm still getting used to it. Other than that, what else can I say?

2. The sounds made by walking in tall grass and walking near water. Really nice way of getting them to sound louder as you get closer.

3. The lamplights. A little startling at first, but still good.

4. The first thing I noticed when I stepped outside was the cloud shadow from overhead. Excellent work.

5. After getting the Poképod, I checked out its applications. Amazingl map. I'm going to have a lot of fun traveling this region.

6. Probably my favorite, the radio. I expected it to be something along the lines of the radio in Gold and Silver. Then I saw that it was an iPod, and I was thrown for a huge loop. I loved it instantly. The only suggestion, though, is to make the iPod a bit larger. It was hard reading some of the text.

7. Last, is the battle graphics. I noticed that Ember was totally different. Love it.

So that's it. My review of an hour of Pokémon Uranium. I'm definitely taking this to school tomorrow on my flash drive.

Continue with the completely stunning work, guys. Can't wait to get back to playing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
Oh by the way, when I tried to fish it restarted the game all over again and I was like?!?
seriously I was getting attached to my Pokemon.
I had the Grass starter nicknamed Pikabud. a Mankey nicknamed Rage and a cute little bat thing named Toxy.
I was on Route 103, I think when the error happened; oh the levels were Pikabud-10, Mankey-11, Toxy-10.
Also I'm going to try again and I want to know if Toxy can evolve?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Ok, I played for an hour and got all the way to Kevlar Town and decided to call it a night, not before writing my critique, however. I'll start with what needs to be worked on. And then I'll move on to the stuff that I thought was awesome.

1. I'll start with spelling errors. Pretty much every time I saw the work Pokémon (or anything that started with Poké), it was misspelled, either pokemon or Pokemon, etc. If you dont know how to get the é, just press the Alt Key+130.

2. Having a conversation with the lady by the lab, she says, "My daughter is a trainer, did you know? she is training her TINEAD in Route 01." It should read, "My daughter is a trainer, did you know? She is training her TINEAD on Route 01."

3. In the tall grass after your first battle with a wild Pokémon, Professor Bamb'o talks to you. His last line is, "Ok, ill let you go, bye." Change to, "Ok, I'll let you go. Bye."
Well, thx for pointing this spelling errors, that relly helps me!

Ok, now onto what I saw from the get go.
1. The transition from the opening cutscene (which I found that I couldn't skip when watching it again) to the title screen was very sudden. I saw that it changed and I did a double take. I was like, "What?"
That opening cutscene isn't final xD, I'm still planning on what to do here.

2. I ran through the Controls tutorial. When showing the arrows, the left and right arrows were reversed (left pointing right, right pointing left).
I'll see that.

3. Also in the Controls tutorial, I found it hard to read the text. The background was too bright, and the text too dark.
I'll change that.

4. Going downstairs to see my aunt, I saw that her sprite was one of the rather young looking ones. Isn't she retired?
Well, to me eyes it doesn't look that young, but still, custom sprites are in the works...

5. In the Diamond Menu, I thought it was weird having my character face wherever the cursor was facing.
I added that propositaly =/, I liked it.

6. On Route 01, your first trainer battle is against what looks like a little boy. When I was challenged to battle, the sprite is of a schoolgirl!
Hehe, no, it's a girl overworld, but it looks different, I'll change that..

7. I don't like that you can't see the number of HP your Pokémon has in battle.
Well, I'll await more reviews to know what I'll do about that.

8. I lost a battle against a Mankey in the wild, and it said that I panicked and lost 48 Pokédollars! This was a bit odd.
What's odd here?

9. In Kevlar Town, there was an old man near the Pokémon Center who told me a very dry joke. The joke isn't making me write this one, it's the fact that he's old and he said dude! It was highly illogical, yet strangely funny.
I'm not changing that ;]

10. Only one glitch (that I found at least). In Kevlar's Pokémart, you can walk into the black part of the place (only one square in) on either side of the exit.
Thx for telling me, I'll fix it!

11. You can't enter the two houses east of the Pokémart in Kevlar.
Well, thats why I still haven't decided what to put there...

12. Flager's (the Pokémon I got from the test) backsprite is incomplete. There's a chunk of the sprite missing.
Really? Which chunk?

Ok, the bad stuff is over. Now for the things that made me LOL.

1. I talked to the Hero's game system, and he said, "Oh man, I need a new video game system, like the Wii." Oh yeah, that had a spelling mistake as well, the I was an i.

2. When your aunt gives you the shoes, she gives you "the shoes and a kiss." I thought that was great.
Hehehe =]

3. The slogans on the town signs were funny and original.
Credits to Zeph for them xD.

Now for the good stuff.

1. The Diamond Menu. I'm still getting used to it. Other than that, what else can I say?
Well, I love that system of mine and I hope everyone does as well =p.

2. The sounds made by walking in tall grass and walking near water. Really nice way of getting them to sound louder as you get closer.
I'm glad you liked.

3. The lamplights. A little startling at first, but still good.
Thx.

4. The first thing I noticed when I stepped outside was the cloud shadow from overhead. Excellent work.

5. After getting the Poképod, I checked out its applications. Amazingl map. I'm going to have a lot of fun traveling this region.
Well, seeing you're still in Kevlar, there is still a lot more to explore in Tandor!

6. Probably my favorite, the radio. I expected it to be something along the lines of the radio in Gold and Silver. Then I saw that it was an iPod, and I was thrown for a huge loop. I loved it instantly. The only suggestion, though, is to make the iPod a bit larger. It was hard reading some of the text.
Wow o_o! I wasn't expected anyone to like that feature...

7. Last, is the battle graphics. I noticed that Ember was totally different. Love it.

So that's it. My review of an hour of Pokémon Uranium. I'm definitely taking this to school tomorrow on my flash drive.

Continue with the completely stunning work, guys. Can't wait to get back to playing.
Many thanks, thats what I like getting and also what I would like everyone to do!! Keep making your reports sir =p

Comments in bold.

Oh by the way, when I tried to fish it restarted the game all over again and I was like?!?
seriously I was getting attached to my Pokemon.
I had the Grass starter nicknamed Pikabud. a Mankey nicknamed Rage and a cute little bat thing named Toxy.
I was on Route 103, I think when the error happened; oh the levels were Pikabud-10, Mankey-11, Toxy-10.
Also I'm going to try again and I want to know if Toxy can evolve?
Yes, Toxy can evolve, good luck training it though, it will be hard... By the way, I didn't get how it restarted all over the game, you mean that it went to the titlescreen? Well, I'm sorry, but you should have saved the game =/, well at least it won't be too hard to remake your team.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Seeing as there's only one question asked, I'll take care of that. A few rows of pixels can't be seen on Flager's backsprite. I would put in a screenshot, but 1. I don't know how to take a screenshot, and 2. I don't know how to put said screenshot in a post.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Yay, a demo.
I'll post random comments as I play.

After the intro I went into the option screen. When changing the frames after the 3rd one I got a run time error and the game froze.

For the intro speech, the pokemon coming in and out of the pokeball was too slow.

I'm loving the music so far.

The diamond menu was hard to control and very confusing. Like you left out some icons or something. Sometimes the cursor would jump 2 or 3 options ahead of what I wanted to click.

You were right in one of the last updates- the "3D" sound was a nice effect.
Good job adding it.

Tile errors? In RMXP? You guys have all that space (compared to the limit of Rm2k3's tilesets)- no excuse for errors :P

The character cutscene things are fun (talking about when the rival comes into the lab).
Music for it is fun as I said.
I would of rather to have a choice on which pokémon I got.

After getting my Pokémon the diamond menu became more annoying for me. There was a blank space but you could still click it for the pokedex.

The pokepod looks nice.

After only a few minutes of playtime (10) I got to run, so I saved my game and exited.
I look forward to playing more later.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
hey i downloaded the demo... its awesome.. but i kinda got a weird problem. i copied the fonts into my computer system..but the game only has normal computer fonts... not pokemon fonts... am i doing something wrong?

Edit: I found a glitch. when i came out of the fisherman's house, i couldnt get in anymore.... its like the events changed places...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back