• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Community Version

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
UoHeA.jpg

This is kinda off putting.
The trainer sprites are far to small.
You should double the size when inserting them. Makes it looks more legit.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
UoHeA.jpg

This is kinda off putting.
The trainer sprites are far to small.
You should double the size when inserting them. Makes it looks more legit.
Unfortunately, the graphic you provided is very hard to resize. I tried it. Four times.

When I attempt to do so, it messes up the pixels, and blurs the picture. Unless you can provide a bigger graphic that won't lose resolution when I go to resize it, I can't do anything.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Download MS Paint from XP.
Select Sprite.
Press 'CTRL' + 'NUMPAD +'
Doubles size.
Job done.
c:

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
You sure you resizing it right? It only needs to be resized 200%. Tried it myself in MSPaint, and it looks fine to me:
spritesz.png

But yeah, pretty much what ^ said, except proof. Course it'll need to be transparent with Paint.net or something better.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Trainer Name: Trainer Violencia or Old Man Vio
Trainer Type: Mixed

Pokémon #1:
Crobat
Item: Heat Rock
Cross Poison
Sunny Day
Brave Bird
Super Fang

Pokemon #2:
Charizard
Item: Life Orb
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Air Slash
Solarbeam

Pokemon #3
Kingdra
Item: Haban Berry
Dragon Dance
Ice Beam
Outrage
Waterfall

Pokemon #4
Tauros
Item: Life Orb
Double Edge
Payback
Zen Headbutt
Stone Edge

Pokemon #5
Electivire
Item: Expert Belt
Cross Chop
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Earthquake

Pokemon #6
Garchomp
Item: Choice Band
Outrage
Fire Fang
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Preferably a beneficial nature to them.

Trainer Violencia:
Overworld Speech: Hey! Let's battle, random person!
Battle End Victory Speech: Woo-hoo! Good game!
Lose Speech: *Sigh* Good game...

trainerk.png

or

Old Man Vio:
Overworld Speech: Get off my lawn, ya whippersnapper!
Battle End Victory Speech: Ya kids these days don't got a spine!
Lose Speech: Ya kids these days have it too easy!

trainers.png

You can choose which one, I'm fine with either!

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Download MS Paint from XP.
Select Sprite.
Press 'CTRL' + 'NUMPAD +'
Doubles size.
Job done.
c:
I have MSPaint. I guess I was just resizing it wrong. Thank you.
You sure you resizing it right? It only needs to be resized 200%. Tried it myself in MSPaint, and it looks fine to me:
spritesz.png

But yeah, pretty much what ^ said, except proof. Course it'll need to be transparent with Paint.net or something better.
Hm. Well, I admit, you guys did much of a better job than I could. Guess I'll have corrected sprites in the next release.

Hats off to you both! :)

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Wow! This looks good! If you're still accepting, i'd like to apply, please :)! Also, you got the Demo up pretty quickly, have you been going hardcore or what :P!
Um can I have EV's? If so, i'll edit this post, If not, i don't really care.

*Required Section*
Preferred In-Game Name: Beast
Trainer Type: Ace Trainer
Pokémon #1:
Spoiler:

Pokémon #2:
Spoiler:

Pokémon #3:
Spoiler:

Pokémon #4:
Spoiler:

Pokemon #5:
Spoiler:

Pokémon #6:
Spoiler:

*Optional Section*
Overworld Speech: Sure, I'll play. Just don't cry if you lose.
Battle End Victory Speech: Just think of it this way, your not the only person that's lost to me.
Battle End Loss Speech: How!?! Words cannot describe the outrageousness of the current events!
Custom Graphic:
010.gif
I can't his OW + Battle Sprites right now :(, I don't want make more work for you, so I'll update this later.

Also the reason the Pokemon are in spoilers is because it will take up too much room. :) I hope i get accepted, keep up the good work and have a nice day! :) Also, sorry if this is too much, I'll be happy to edit it :)

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Downloading it now. :)
By estimation, when will the full release be available?
Honestly, not a clue. I have a progress section in my OP, so you can check that section if you ever have questions about releases or progress.
Hey, which character did you choose?
Old Man Vio, or Trainer Violencia?
I think I'll go with Trainer Violencia, since you're female, according to your stats. You okay with that?
Wow! This looks good! If you're still accepting, i'd like to apply, please :)! Also, you got the Demo up pretty quickly, have you been going hardcore or what :P!
Um can I have EV's? If so, i'll edit this post, If not, i don't really care.

*Required Section*
Preferred In-Game Name: Beast
Trainer Type: Ace Trainer
Pokémon #1:
Spoiler:

Pokémon #2:
Spoiler:

Pokémon #3:
Spoiler:

Pokémon #4:
Spoiler:

Pokemon #5:
Spoiler:

Pokémon #6:
Spoiler:

*Optional Section*
Overworld Speech: Sure, I'll play. Just don't cry if you lose.
Battle End Victory Speech: Just think of it this way, your not the only person that's lost to me.
Battle End Loss Speech: How!?! Words cannot describe the outrageousness of the current events!
Custom Graphic:
010.gif
I can't his OW + Battle Sprites right now :(, I don't want make more work for you, so I'll update this later.

Also the reason the Pokemon are in spoilers is because it will take up too much room. :) I hope i get accepted, keep up the good work and have a nice day! :) Also, sorry if this is too much, I'll be happy to edit it :)
You can choose every last little stat for your Pokémon. EVs, IVs, Natures, Moves, etc. The more you fill out, the easier it is on me.

Spoilers are good, thank you. Your entry is good.

-APPROVED-

And yeah, I went hardcore on releasing a demo, because I wanted people to get a feel for the game. The next demo release (which will have fixed Trainer graphics) will be finished on an unknown date. I still have to check some things.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
I don't think that you should let people put Max EV's on this game, then their Pokemon would be too powerful.
The Pokemon that you are given in the beginning of the game have almost randomly generated EV's, right? A normal Pokemon would find it very difficult to fight against one with Max EV's.

Back