• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Haha. No, I didn't see a hint of lioness in your response. ROWR!

Oh, another question I had was for a challenge. How would a roleplay/challenge hybrid go over?

Would there be enough interest for a group, every once in a while to play through a game together.

The premise could be, a group of challengers complete one badge per week of the same game, or at least generation. Based off the choices they make, the Game Master would then devise consequences for the player to abide by, while allowing the player to make a character and own storyline. And if a player drop out, the Game Master could easily "off" the character in the storyline for that week.

I guess to me, challenges, though fun, are a solo games. This would be a more interactive alternative if anyone is interested.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Normally, I'm iffy about challenges that rely too heavily on one person, but if you could find a way to make that work (maybe swap game masters every so often?) and enough people interested, then I'm sure it could go well. I myself wouldn't do it, but if anyone else expresses interest, you should work out a way to make it happen. :)

Haha. No, I didn't see a hint of lioness in your response. ROWR!

OKAY GOOD. I know I have a tendency to sound mean when I'm not trying to though, so that was more for everyone to know haha. Cotton dragon birds don't roar and bite~

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Oh great, ANOTHER mod hanging out in Challenges!

Jk jk.

Anyway, I may have room for the event challenge soon, as I am very near completing my Favorite Challenge now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's always exciting when more mods come in here, because it's hard to ask for staff suggestions for things when none of them know a thing about this forum. :( It's really hard to leave the forum for a vacation or something because none of the higher staff really understand how this forum works so I come home to 10 threads and 734 PMs about WHERE'S MY THREAD and such. :(

But yes, everyone should go congratulate their fellow bird! Proud of you, Fenneking! :) You'll be great!

And Necrum, I'm really hoping you can join in on the event! I need to work on my Favorite Challenge as well, but idk, X&Y don't have high replay value for me. :/ I do plan on getting that free download of Y, just for an extra challenge slot.

Natnew, like a challenge where every team member must know a certain move or all four moves the same? I have though about the former, tbh.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
It's always exciting when more mods come in here, because it's hard to ask for staff suggestions for things when none of them know a thing about this forum. :( It's really hard to leave the forum for a vacation or something because none of the higher staff really understand how this forum works so I come home to 10 threads and 734 PMs about WHERE'S MY THREAD and such. :(

But yes, everyone should go congratulate their fellow bird! Proud of you, Fenneking! :) You'll be great!

And Necrum, I'm really hoping you can join in on the event! I need to work on my Favorite Challenge as well, but idk, X&Y don't have high replay value for me. :/ I do plan on getting that free download of Y, just for an extra challenge slot.

Natnew, like a challenge where every team member must know a certain move or all four moves the same? I have though about the former, tbh.

sorry it wasn't clear. anyway, all pokemon with 4 of the same moves would be ridiculous.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know, right? Haha. Anyway yeah, I think that would be neat depending on the move. Maybe have at least two moves in common though, because a lot of Pokemon can have the same. Like if your move was Flamethrower, for example. That includes a lot of Pokemon. Maybe just up it by needing two moves in common, like Flamethrower and Body Slam or something. That limits it, but still leaves you a decent variety (Torkoal, Wigglytuff, Nidoqueen, etc.) ...Maybe not moves THAT powerful though idk.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
-strolls in- hey guys what's new with you oh me nothing new just showing off my NEW USERNAME

and crying because i don't have my charger to play my ds or 3ds but hey new name

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I have a curious question with what I've been tripping over the last few weeks while... doing something very "productive" in X... *coughs at signature*

I figured I'd ask here first, since it sort of relates to the TimeWarp challenge idea. (Which I'd love to do more, but I haven't had the time to get on computer properly for 5 months.)
This is mainly just for my own fun, a Japan and Folklore themed team to play through all the games...
I've tried to put down many of the japan oriented pokemon, trying to exclude the rest of the asian folklore from there. I'm just wondering if there's something that I haven't noticed or have excluded oddly.
So far I've got these - not commenting on the ones that seem obvious:
Spoiler:

So.. yeah, I'd just want to hear some input on if I've missed something. I sort of excluded all "godzilla" lizards since that's more pop-culture/movies.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Hey guys,
I've been off the pokecommunity for a long time now No one in here probably knows me , but whilst playing through an old save of pokemon emerald I came up with an idea for a challenge:

The Baton Pass challenge
The basic premise of the challenge is:
  1. Every time a gym (might work better with 2 gyms) is beaten you pass on the save
  2. The next player then plays the save until (s)he has beaten his/her gym(s)
  3. Possible idea: you are only allowed to choose one pokemon to use in the team (i.e. Player1 chooses Rattata which has to be in team forever)
  • (Additional rules could be added, the challenge is just in the idea phase)
  • Please tell me what you think of this challenge, how to improve it, and if it has been done before, I'm terribly sorry :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If I knew anything about that, Rewy, I'd love to help out, but I don't know of anything you may have missed. :( Seems fun though, and I wish you luck with it! You'll have to let us know how it goes. :)

And for the rest of you, you're crazy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back