• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Completed] Samus & Pikachu: The Subspace Emissary ~completed!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
Hey there!

You can call me Rainshade. I've been working on this game using RPG Maker XP for about three weeks. It's a Pokemon-styled adventure based on the Subspace Emissary plot from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, in which Samus infiltrates the Subspace Research Facility and rescues Pikachu. After putting in a lot of time and effort, it's finally complete. Please try it out and I hope you enjoy it!

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download the compressed game data from mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6dzjp5szrw9pxtm
The file is about 24 mb.

2. Once the file has finished downloading, double-click on it to extract the data. This shouldn't take longer than a few seconds.

3. A new folder will be created. Open it and open "Game.ini" in notepad or another text editor. Change "RGSS104E" to "RGSS102E". Save the file.

4. Double-click the exe called "Game" (its icon looks like an orange gear) to play. If the game doesn't work, please let me know!

I have played through and tested the game about half a dozen times myself; however, it's still possible that the game is not yet bug-free. If you encounter any errors, please mention them here.

CONTROLS:

Space/Enter: to select choices, talk (A button)

X: cancel, exit interfaces (B button)

Use the arrow keys to move.

You can also press F8 to take screenshots. They are automatically saved as BMP format in your Saved Games folder.

PLOT:

Trophy land is being invaded by the forces of the Subspace Army. One particular Smasher, Samus Aran, has had her Varia Suit captured. In her Zero Suit, she must infiltrate the Research Facility on the Isle of the Ancients in order to retrieve it. What will she encounter in the facility's sinister halls?

FEATURES:

-play as Samus Aran, space warrior and main character from the Metroid series
-the Research Facility storyline from the adventure mode, the "Subspace Emissary", of Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-a newly redesigned party menu/screen, inspired by the SSBB logo
-after you rescue Pikachu, it will become your loyal partner for the rest of the game

GAME SCREENSHOTS:

capture002.jpg

This is what the overworld interface looks like. Isn't little Samus cute?

capture006.jpg

If you've played SSBB, you'll probably be familiar with R.O.B. They're everywhere in this game. Don't worry though, they should be super easy to handle.

capture009.jpg

The Pikachu generator. What will you do?

capture012.jpg

Pikachu was freed and the alarms have gone off. Clearly, several R.O.B. have taken notice.

capture017.jpg

The broken machine. From this point on, Pikachu will follow you everywhere you go.

capture021.jpg

The redesigned Pokemon party screen.

capture015.jpg

The summary screen. FYI, Samus has been scripted to always have a Serious nature.

capture020.jpg

Likewise, Pikachu always has a Hardy nature. Look! It's holding a light ball.

capture053.jpg

Pikachu vs R.O.B.

capture022.jpg

Yes, it's the computer room. This room is completely optional to visit and has no bearing on whether or not you can proceed in the game.

capture038.jpg

The copies of your Varia Suit which you must defeat.

capture041.jpg

After you win...

capture045.jpg

Donning the Varia Suit at last.

capture046.jpg

The bag screen.

capture050.jpg

Samus acquires Ice Beam.

capture057.jpg

The final part of the game - taking down Ridley, Samus's arch-nemesis.

capture069.jpg

An epic battle.

capture037.jpg

Once you've acquired a certain item, you will be able to access the recovery room, which has a bed for two inside. Using it will completely your party. This is also where you'll be sent in case all of your Pokemon faint.

CREDITS:

...goes to poccil and Flameguru for creation of the Pokemon Essentials starter kit, which this game is built on, and Maruno for its upkeep in recent years.

Pokemon, Metroid and the Super Smash Bros. series are property of Nintendo. No copyright infringement intended.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have to say, I'm kind of skeptic as to how you pulled this off within three weeks, but it does look like a short game. The fact that SSB characters are fighting in a pokemon style is kind of hilarious, sorry to say it, but I'll reserve any other commentary until I've played your game.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have to say, I'm kind of skeptic as to how you pulled this off within three weeks, but it does look like a short game. The fact that SSB characters are fighting in a pokemon style is kind of hilarious, sorry to say it, but I'll reserve any other commentary until I've played your game.

Yeah, from the looks of it, it's a small game.

It's refreshing to see a game get finished around here.
Sorta makes me want to make a side project that I could finish in a couple of weeks.

Muddy

Oshawott Luvr
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
nice!

Nice game there! Looks a bit short, but the game makes up for it. Love how you can fight as Samus in a Pokemon game LOL. Though, I think this game could be more interesting if you were to add parts that you created onto the game. Nice idea XD.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
If you want to laugh, go ahead. I sort of guessed that I'd get this kind of reaction, and I'm not taking it personally. xD

Indeed it's a fairly short game, but hey, how much could I have really done in three weeks? Obviously, if I spent longer on it I would've been able to include more content, but I knew if I did that I'd start to lose interest and might not finish it.

Looks like RGSS102E.dll is supposed to be RGSS104E.dll
lol

You are completely right. I forgot to include that in the instructions; will do it now.

Years
Ugh, this game is tedious for being so short. lol

It's easy to get lost. There are simply too many doors and rooms that look alike! That makes it hard to find Pikachu, the special key pass, and the bed where you can recover since most of the closed door rooms are locked for you at the beginning of the game..

I also found myself dying a couple times because Samus kept missing with her jump kicks.. And when she runs out of PP for Jump Kick, it takes a bit longer to defeat the R.O.B. if you don't have Ice Beam already..

Also, Ridley can OHKO Samus with Flamethrower but has problems dealing with Pikachu somehow. :( I liked the end battle though because the music wasn't the generic R/S battle music.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
Ugh, this game is tedious for being so short. lol

It's easy to get lost. There are simply too many doors and rooms that look alike! That makes it hard to find Pikachu, the special key pass, and the bed where you can recover since most of the closed door rooms are locked for you at the beginning of the game..

I also found myself dying a couple times because Samus kept missing with her jump kicks.. And when she runs out of PP for Jump Kick, it takes a bit longer to defeat the R.O.B. if you don't have Ice Beam already..

Also, Ridley can OHKO Samus with Flamethrower but has problems dealing with Pikachu somehow. :( I liked the end battle though because the music wasn't the generic R/S battle music.

I just came back from a sleepover where I showed the game to my friend. She had a similar amount of trouble getting through. xD Well, considering it's short I didn't want to make it too easy.

I know that you tend to die kind of often, which is why there are no penalties for losing (except for the inconvenience of being sent back to the room, which isn't too much of a consequence). As for the PP, yeah it might've been a good idea to include a few ethers in there...

I found a bug.

>Pokémon

Right there on the pause menu.

I'm confused; what exactly is the bug?

Also, I know I didn't mess with the pause menu whatsoever, so it's probably just something that came with Essentials (and I'm reluctant to edit any of the scripts unless absolutely necessary).

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I'm confused; what exactly is the bug?

Also, I know I didn't mess with the pause menu whatsoever, so it's probably just something that came with Essentials (and I'm reluctant to edit any of the scripts unless absolutely necessary).

Im not sure, but i think he's saying that it doesn't make sense; since samus isn't a pokemon?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
Im not sure, but i think he's saying that it doesn't make sense; since samus isn't a pokemon?

Oh. Well if that's the case, I wouldn't quite call it a bug... perhaps an oddity.

I decided to leave it like that since it doesn't make a difference in terms of gameplay and such. Plus, Samus is more or less acting as a Pokemon in this game anyway.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hehe, I have no idea what Samus is from, but this is a strange game to play... Congrats on finishing it. xXx

Years
I never imagined short mini-games in the Pokemon-RPG gaming style, considering we always see large projects around. Clever idea. :D

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Shorter than I was expecting but a nice little game, I loved the whole R.O.B sent out R.O.B thing. The final battle was difficult, I only beat it from getting a crit, if I didn't it was just me hoping it wouldn't flamethrower and felt too scared to use the max revive that I would just be KO'd again anyway. Was a fun little game to play though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2012
Am I the only one who thought that Samus should have Rollout and/or Egg Bomb (to go with Samus's ball form) at some point? Oh and maybe Hyper Beam/Solarbeam (charge beam) just for the lulz :D

Great idea. makes for a quick and enjoyable game. Great job on it

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Cool fangame. It would be awesome if a series of fangames like this were made.

Venks

Water Pokémon Master
Years
I really liked this part of Subspace Emissiary. I really like what you've done with it. Great work!

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Maybe you could create a sequel with ALL the smashers playable?
I think that'd be a good idea.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The rules say you shouldn't bump a thread that has been inactive for more than 2 months. 12>2.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back