• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
I believe that there are 25 free Pokedex spaces between Celebi and Treecko but I don't know what would happen if those placeholders are altered. Btw Love your hack :D

Thing is, they all use the same cry so if I were to change any of them they would just become corrupt, and thanks!

blue

gucci
Years
Gulpin family is good for bad guys as especially Swalot is pretty bulky guy.
And I don't understand the demand for 4th generation Pokemon in harder 3rd generation remake...

There are a few that I would like to add, mainly the evolutions of the existing Pokémon from Johto, Kanto & Hoenn but like I say, it will involve overwriting certain Pokémon that some members wouldn't be happy with. I'm sure Shuckle is acceptable as are some others but when it becomes an excessive amount it will be a matter of overwriting evolutionary lines which I personally wouldn't want to do.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
There are a few that I would like to add, mainly the evolutions of the existing Pokémon from Johto, Kanto & Hoenn but like I say, it will involve overwriting certain Pokémon that some members wouldn't be happy with. I'm sure Shuckle is acceptable as are some others but when it becomes an excessive amount it will be a matter of overwriting evolutionary lines which I personally wouldn't want to do.

Well, you could always use the middle evolution to insert the last form. So instead of Rhydon, you could go straight to Rhyperior from Rhyhorn and then make appropriate changes.

For split evolutions (glac/leafeon and w/e) that gen 4 introduced, you may need to overwrite some pokemon with no evolutionary line :C

Years
I think you put a survey or a poll or something to let people know which pokes they want to remove so that it becomes easier for you to decide.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If you say so... I still don't think 3rd generation hard mod should have 4th generation Pokemon as it won't be Emerald anymore...
Well... it's your decision...
I would first do a poll whether people actually want 4th generation Poke.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
Dude if I could donate to you I will. Really enjoyed your rom hack. There is really nothing more that can be said about your hack. Great job man! {:3}

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I went to the abandoned ship and I went down 1 level and entered the room where the guy is behind the trash and it initiated a battle with a "Pokemon" that was a Question Mark, I used a move, the Pokemon fainted, then the same happened and just for the heck of it I threw a Poké Ball and the game seems glitched, is there anything I could do to solve this?

Years
I went to the abandoned ship and I went down 1 level and entered the room where the guy is behind the trash and it initiated a battle with a "Pokemon" that was a Question Mark, I used a move, the Pokemon fainted, then the same happened and just for the heck of it I threw a Poké Ball and the game seems glitched, is there anything I could do to solve this?
You should play the latest version because I think those Lv 1 ? have been removed. Also you could use Repel in order to avoid them

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2023
@Suicune: How did you edit the evolutions, because the only editor for this: Evolution Editor Pro doesn't work with Pokémon Emerald ??

PS. Sorry for my bad English.

blue

gucci
Years
@Suicune: How did you edit the evolutions, because the only editor for this: Evolution Editor Pro doesn't work with Pokémon Emerald ??

I used YAPE 0.9 (Yet Another Pokémon Editor) It allows you to edit stats, evolutions, attacks etc.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2023
I used YAPE 0.9 (Yet Another Pokémon Editor) It allows you to edit stats, evolutions, attacks etc.

Thanks, because I want to make a Emerald hack too.

How did you the cry of Roserade ??

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Is there a physical-special move split in this rom or is for example dragon still a special type?
Nope, and I don't think Suicune is planning to split either. Don't really blame him either considering circumstances.

Take a look around google, a split version of Expert Emerald is more common than you'd think. Actually you can do it yourself because other than what people would think; it's actually a whole lot easier than it looks if you have Bulbapedia open while you're doing it. Also the split patch people are using recently gives sandstorm boosts (look up the one made by Doesn't) so the desert route is really fun. Keep in mind though: with every added content on this hack the sound gets worse because A-Map is still corrupting the sound data in Emerald instead of writing in free space, so be prepared for that after you patch. :P

Last edited:
Years
Nope, and I don't think Suicune is planning to split either. Don't really blame him either considering circumstances.

Take a look around google, a split version of Expert Emerald is more common than you'd think. Actually you can do it yourself because other than what people would think; it's actually a whole lot easier than it looks if you have Bulbapedia open while you're doing it. Also the split patch people are using recently gives sandstorm boosts (look up the one made by Doesn't) so the desert route is really fun. Keep in mind though: with every added content on this hack the sound gets worse because A-Map is still corrupting the sound data in Emerald instead of writing in free space, so be prepared for that after you patch. :P
But he would first need Suicune's permission if he wishes to do it

blue

gucci
Years
I'm considering adding in the Cross-Generation evolutions introduced into Generation IV so that the weaker Pokemon such as Misdreavus, Murkrow, Gligar etc have much more potential. This would probably mean replacing several Pokémon with the likes of Glisgor, Probopass, Frosslass, Lickylicky etc. How would you guys feel about this?

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
When i talk to birch to get upgrade my pokedex it crashes, what version of emerald do i patch it with?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
But he would first need Suicune's permission if he wishes to do it
So uh... to mod an already hacked game for your own pleasure you need his permission. Am I understanding you?

There's an easily accessible EE version with Damage split and Gible line available via trade on a site where Suicune also has the hack itself posted, and not a care is given. I modify hacks I download all the time with de-capitalization and running indoors and the odd damage split as well (though I never post them). Honestly if we were going by those rules, we would be asking Game Freak before even dumping the ROM. XD

How would you guys feel about this?
Don't make the Seedot line replacement fodder and we have a deal. It would only result in other mons with sound glitches.

Also if putting in the new Eeveelutions, please completely revamp either stats or movepools in order for them to actually be usable.

Last edited:
Years
I'm considering adding in the Cross-Generation evolutions introduced into Generation IV so that the weaker Pokemon such as Misdreavus, Murkrow, Gligar etc have much more potential. This would probably mean replacing several Pokémon with the likes of Glisgor, Probopass, Frosslass, Lickylicky etc. How would you guys feel about this?
That would be great but please can you add evolutions like Gallade, Rhyperior , Electivire or Magmortar too?

blue

gucci
Years
That would be great but please can you add evolutions like Gallade, Rhyperior , Electivire or Magmortar too?

That's my idea, I'm wanting to add all of the cross-generation evolutions introduced in Generation IV so that would include:
Magnezone, Gallade, Lickilicky, Roserade, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Gliscor, Electrivire, Magmortar, Leafeon, Glaceon, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Yanmega, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Weavile, Mamoswine, Probopass, Froslass, Duskinor and Ambipom.

Don't make the Seedot line replacement fodder and we have a deal. It would only result in other mons with sound glitches.

Also if putting in the new Eeveelutions, please completely revamp either stats or movepools in order for them to actually be usable.

I wouldn't replace any valuable Pokémon or evolutionary lines, alternitavely I could use the free spaces provided on the ROM however it would result in having an Unown cry to it. As for the stats and moves I would distribute them as they are in Diamond & Pearl etc.

Last edited:
Back