• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chew with your mouth closed!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
At the dinner table how polite would you say you are?

Me? Seeing as a don't really eat at the dinner table... but when I do I guess make an effort to be polite. ...But I often chew with my mouth open because I don't exactly remember to chew with it closed all the time... ha ha ha.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, I eat dinner alone, since family dinner time is basically non-existent. I eat with my mouth closed, but usually I accompany dinner with TV or a book. D;

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm eating dinner right now, actually. Reclining in my chair with a leg draped over the arm, the keyboard balanced on my lap, and a bowl of soup wedged between my ribs and leg while I guffaw at videos on Youtube. It's unflattering. I feel unflattering.

In a regular dining situation I constantly remind myself to do polite things like chew with my mouth closed, use a straw, and not pound my fist on the table if something makes me laugh while I'm eating. Recently I've been trying to make it a habit to put my napkin on my lap and keep myself from doing The Gendo. It's going well.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't eat at the same time as other people in my family. Usually I'm on PC while I eat. But considering it gets on my nerves when people do things like that, I try not to.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
All bets are off if its at home, macaroni slurping, talking with full mouth the works. With a girlfriend its different, I might even eat less then her from fear of being unpolite.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
ive practiced this habit since young, even when im computing, so it comes naturally to me by now

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
i eat with my mouth closed, i use the knife to put the food in the fork and i...eat

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I eat food with my mouth open, and seem to chew quite fast, like a squirrel. As for where I sit to eat my dinner, in the lounge with a tray below the food. I tend to spill/drop things a lot onto the tray, better than on the floor, wouldn't you agree?

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
i eat with my mouth closed all the time, mainly because i'm self conscious of eating in front of others but even when i'm on my own i chew my food with my mouth closed. same with yawning though, i always cover my mouth. o:

Years
By the time I generally get home to eat dinner, everyone's either going to or already in bed, so I just end up eating at my computer. I've always had good table manners, though, as it always bothered me went people eat loudly or with their mouths open, even when I was a kid (I still catch my sister doing it from time to time, and I make sure she knows about it).

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
When I'm by myself in my flat, I may do the bachelor thing (drink from the carton) but that's cause I live alone haha..

Other than that? No, I think I have good table manners. Napkin on my lap, place the utensils all in the right places. Chew with my mouth closed..

If the place calls for it, like a ramen shop, I will slurp, otherwise no. I guess the only thing I don't do is eat with my hands with indian food because I never have indian often.

Umm.. also, I won't eat my burger or pizza all posh-like (knife and fork.) I'll eat them with my hands.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
In my home, everyone eats in their own rooms, so family meals are saved for special events (birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving). I normally eat in my room on the computer, playing board games, card games, or watching videos on Youtube, Cartoons online.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
My mom always comments on how I eat like a princess. I chew with my mouth closed, I don't talk when my mouth is full, and all those fancy table manners people teach us.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I try to be mostly polite, but I often find myself putting my elbows on the table. I do chew with my mouth closed and try not to talk with food in my mouth.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm proper and polite when I'm at the dinner table. But I don't eat at the dinner table.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
My family only eat at the table on christmas and stuff, we always just sit on the couch/chairs and eat our dinner off our laps, very classy :P none of us are polite either aha
I am polite when I'm out in public or eating out though. I usually wait to eat my food before I speak but then agin it depends who I'm with!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
My family rarely eats together so we just eat on the couch, in the kitchen, or by ourselves in the dining room.

I try to chew with my mouth closed and avoid talking with food in my mouth, but I sometimes have my elbow on the table out of habit.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm polite at other people's dinner tables, but at my own I act pretty much like I do everywhere else. We don't really do dinner etiquette at my house lol. That said, I don't really eat dinner at the dinner table, I eat it here at my laptop :P

Back