• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon SilverStorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingjay99

you cant get better then me
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
Made in RMXP

Introduction

Let me introduce myself, I'm Kingjay. I'm a new designer with ambition. And pie
But seriously now, I'm working on a project named Pokemon SilverStorm…
Update
i have decided to take another direction with this game... more like a quest-based game... each quest with an unique plot, lot's of battles, and of course new Pokemon.

Story
You awake on your 15th birthday, you are finally a man/woman in the eyes of the Pokemon trainer union so Prof. Craig gives you a pokemon for rent for until you get your REAL starter... you go to the trainer union to take your entrance exam... to find the Ghast orb in the haunted woods

Features
- Gorna region, new people, new places, and a mysterious trio that are very suspicious:D
-able to catch all 493 current Pokemon + some fake ones.
-National Pokedex at the start.
-All legendary Pokemon(and certain special Pokemon) Have there own stories
-Many more (maybe:D)

Screens

Remaking

Progress
Map:
Gorna Region: ???%
Pokemon: ???%
Quests:
Planned: 2/???
Scripted: 1/???

My Team
~Me~

Credits
Flameguru and Poccils - Starter Kit
Karel_Kazuki - for helping me with the map
I haven't been working on this for that long (a week or two) so any help would be awesome.

Help Wanted

1. Spriter
2-3 Open
2. OverWorld Editor
1 Open
3. TileSet Artist
1 Open
4. Scripter
Any Amount

Downloads

Beta 1

Last edited:

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Shouldn't give up so easily. All I can really say about this is that the story is not really unique or has any sort of difference from most Pokemon games. Same goes for the features. Good start on your own game though, just needs a little more spice.

kingjay99

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
well it was only because nobody even replied to tell me what i could fix...

i also need help with it...

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
Years
I hate it when people dont reply, but dont get discouraged! I'm only sorry i didn't see this sooner.
Critique-I like the name. The story has promise, but i'd like to see some more added to it, like something to really grab the reader; a pokemon being stolen, a bomb threat, end of the universe, etc...
To get more people to reply, post some pictures of fakemon, the main characters, and the bad guys. It couldnt hurt!
I would help but i don't have RMXP, only AMAP.. :P

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
Very good so far, just make sure you add your own little twist, and edit what you can, like im editing the PokeGear on my game to a new device called the ExplorersDEV. New Images and everything!

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
looks like a good hack.
I can make cool sprites (though can't insert them), made a few maps (world maps) and i am a great mapper.

kingjay99

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
first of all it's not a hack...
and about the plot twist or images, I'm working on it.
it's hard... I'm working on it all by myself...
i might post some new stuff tomorrow...
but NOT Sunday through Friday...

i also like putting the ... things :P

kingjay99

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
i'm working on it...
dont rush me, i'm by myself...

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Due I could write the story and even make a region map.All You have to do is give me a little detail and what you want in this and i will work on it.Of course thats all i can do because my laptop's resolution is not big enough to work on RMXP and my mother wont let me use the Desktop.

kingjay99

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
bump (i guess?)
i really need to hear what people have to say about this

kingjay99

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
nobody probably cares but i got a beta up. it has one mission, and some glitches but that's why it's a beta.

Poison Master

Poison'd You.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2010
nobody probably cares but i got a beta up. it has one mission, and some glitches but that's why it's a beta.

Just going to say this, I don't really know if you'll find this harsh.

Stop being such A Drama queen about no one posting on it?

You haven't really takin any ones advice on this, and it's like you don't even read the posts, you just agree with them, than start asking for More, More , more. Like people said get pictures of the Bad Guys, get pictures of the pokemon, get more screen shots of the game, because frankly, No one is going to post if, they have nothing to post on it? This might sound harsh but i'll get to the rating that you want so bad...

Looks good the beta seems to be alright, I just started playing it though, um, The plot is short, and use your old accuse, that your working by your self don't rush me. Umm, To be honest it's not that bad, the featurse look good, good luck trying to code this all by your self.

- Ryan

kingjay99

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
i'm working on this, i'm terrible at spriting
plus i was just kidding...

Last edited:

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
I fought a level 9 onyx after taking my first step... I had to go into the editor to make it easier, dual screen system is okay though

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
Um. I'm new here and this is my first post.

When I start a New Game:

-I think your game needs some music.
-Your punctuation needs some work.
-I wasn't able to take any other Pokemon other than Treeko. After I chose it, it allowed me to take Torchic.
-Your home town is called West City but the sign by the Trainer's Union said West Town.
-In West City, you can see a black area in the bottom-right corner
-I can walk through part of the PokeMart in West City
-I can walk through almost every building in West City
-You spelled inauguration wrong.
-Capitalization
-I can't go into the Teleporter room.

When I Choose Continue
-The levels in the cave are too high

It needs a lot of work.

kingjay99

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
Um. I'm new here and this is my first post.

When I start a New Game:

-I think your game needs some music.
-Your punctuation needs some work.
-I wasn't able to take any other Pokemon other than Treeko. After I chose it, it allowed me to take Torchic. I forgot to change it
-Your home town is called West City but the sign by the Trainer's Union said West Town. i made union first city last
-In West City, you can see a black area in the bottom-right corner i'm not good at planning
-I can walk through part of the PokeMart in West City oopps
-I can walk through almost every building in West City oopps times two
-You spelled inauguration wrong. i'm bad at spelling
-Capitalization i got an z- in LA
-I can't go into the Teleporter room. ??? weird

When I Choose Continue
-The levels in the cave are too high Well he does tell you to train...

It needs a lot of work.

i know!!
byt i am working all by my self here, i am lost at scripting, and i could not sprite to save my life...

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
i know!!
byt i am working all by my self here, i am lost at scripting, and i could not sprite to save my life...
Please don't use self-pity as an excuse; Several people are more than willing to help if you ask them politely, so I don't think you can go WOE IS ME I AM ALONE.

Also, you might want to put some screenshots up so that people who don't have the time to play your beta can offer you critique. Another thing, Microsoft Word/Spellcheck are your friends when writing dialogue.

azuriakc

Braviary Trainer
Years
Your Game really NEEDS a team. I mean you can't just work by yourself. Im saying that if you have a team, your game will progress. And work on your story, make it interesting. I also discovered that when you get the Delta Crystal, and you're finished talking to the bad guy, it seems to follow you until you encounter a wild pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back