• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCX] Writing Competition

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
PCX's Writing Competition
Judged bu Astinus, icomeanon6, and Dragonfree

Welcome everyone to PCX's Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the three judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules

1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Astinus, icomeanon6, and Dragonfree. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
5.) You have until the end of the the PCX event timeslot to send in your entry: 11:59 PM EST on Sunday September 30
6.) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!
8.) Please don't publicly post your stories until the competition is over! Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring

Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
Characterization, Plot, and Description
Relevance to Prompt

The prompt is "secrets", so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Emblems
First Prize
TBA

Second Prize
TBA

Third Prize
TBA

Participant
TBA

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I know that you guys probably don't want to put a page limit/requirement on this, but I am wondering what would be recommended as a range for a short-story.

Thanks ;)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I imagine there isn't one (as long as it's not as long as possible =p); basically the right length is the one to tell the story fully without any unnecessary additions; there's been no real sweet spot as far as I've seen as it all depends on the story itself, and how one writes it.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
The right length is however long it needs to be and no longer.

Do note, however, that since you have such a short time to write your entries, going for anything obscenely long is going to make it very hard for you to get it properly polished in time. A shorter entry that's written with care is better than an epic-length monstrosity that's barely been proofread.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I think I shall join. :) It will take me a bit of thinking, but I'd like to try it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Good news, everybody! The deadline for entering your stories has been extended to the end of the Get-Together. You have until 11:59 PM (EDT) on September 30th to submit your stories!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Just a heads up that I will enter, I will probably wait until the very last minute to enter though so I can make a bit of changes.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That is good news indeed, as I've recently had some sort of progress but would have been fairly rushed in getting my thing done. Still aiming to get this done (old idea that I haven't had much clue on how to start or finish, so this is a good excuse to do something with it).

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
... Looks like I have to bow out. I've had no time this week for anything. Sad face. Maybe next time... or NaNoWriMo

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
droomph and Shiny Umbreon in the Corner, your entries have been received.

Good luck to everyone else as we reach the final stretch!

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
I haven't received any entries! Remember you have to PM them to all the judges, not just one.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, please PM all the judges when submitting entries. If you only PM me, I assume that anon and Dragonfree got the entries as well, and don't realize that there's a problem.

Also, just a bit under five hours left to submit.

And Jax, your entry has been received. By me at least.

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I have received entries from droomph, Umbreon, and Jax.

Two hours and twenty minutes left, people! Wrap up those stories, but don't forget to proofread!

Back