• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Important information regarding Other Chat & Discussions

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
In the days to come, there will be some changes occurring in the Off-Topic Discussions forums. The most notable change is the shift of chat-like threads, such as the DCC, that are currently in Other Chat & Discussions. They will now be placed in what is now Other Voting Polls, and Other Voting Polls will, essentially, be rebranded into a forum that includes threads with chit-chat purposes. In addition, the Celebrations sub-forum currently in Other Chat & Discussions will be moved to what is now Other Voting Polls.

Other Chat & Discussions will shift towards a primary focus between extensive discussion topics and debates of anything that doesn't fit in the boards above. Additionally, the forums will be renamed to better fit these changes.

A thread like this will be posted in Other Voting Polls as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm opening this thread (along with the one in OVP) because of multiple PMs that I'm getting from forum regulars. If you're an OC&D regular and have any questions / comments / concerns please reply to this thread.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
...lmao, of course regular DCCers would immediately ask about the postcount. d:

No, we've no plans to modify post counting in any section.

Years
So if I understand this fully, OVP and OC&D pretty much switched spots while the DCC merged with OVP.

OC&D is now basically the forum of tl;dr srs bns posts, so the old stickies that weren't in-depth (Pictures, DCC, etc,) had to go to OVP.

I may yet make a DCC for this forum though. But it would be one that follows the pattern of the threads here, not a random free-for-all like the old one.

Years
I would prefer that you didn't. The whole point of splitting up with the DCC was to enforce a more serious and structured environment in D&D. Having a free-for-all thread, even one for "more serious" posts, seems counter productive. As the stuff discussed in D&D is of a heavier nature it makes more sense to let each one have its own thread.

And yeah, Mario The World Champion has got it right. OVP (CC&P) is now what OC used to be before the shift in direction to more serious topics started happening.

Yeah, I did have a feeling that even if we still had a dcc for my kind of topics, it would pilfer activity from the other threads. Oh well. :/

Back