• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tajaros Xtreme Scripting Tutorial

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
First go to the settings.ini and look for AutoUpdateCheck = 1, change 1 with 0 and it should work properly.

There is no settings.ini. At first I thought it was because I got XSE with the Pokemon Game Editor, but when I downloaded it using your link it still didn't appear. Where is it at?

K when I copied your first script and gave it to a person event, I look at the script from A-map this appears

Spoiler:

QQ help me.

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
There is no settings.ini. At first I thought it was because I got XSE with the Pokemon Game Editor, but when I downloaded it using your link it still didn't appear. Where is it at?

K when I copied your first script and gave it to a person event, I look at the script from A-map this appears

Spoiler:

QQ help me.

Oh my bad for not having an ini file for the XSE download. I'll reupload it.

Are you sure you compiled and copied the offset properly? And did you use XSE to compile it? Be sure the offset you got is the same as the one in A-map.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Thanks for the updated file. XSE is working fine now. Except that the '/n' appears in the text instead of a new line.
For trainer battles, can I use something besides A-Trainer? I am using Jambo's patch so it won't work.
If you don't have an answer, I'll look into it myself.
TweenyTodd

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Thanks for the updated file. XSE is working fine now. Except that the '/n' appears in the text instead of a new line.
For trainer battles, can I use something besides A-Trainer? I am using Jambo's patch so it won't work.
If you don't have an answer, I'll look into it myself.
TweenyTodd

Because it should be\n not /n. Sorry to bring it up to you but the Jambo's Patch you're mentioning is the 649 patch right? IT IS NOT FOR HACKS.

Wait for the release of the 649 patch for hacks. So A-trainer is the best one out there...

Though if you want another trainer editor you can use PET.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Because it should be\n not /n.
Fixed it. Feel like a newb.

Sorry to bring it up to you but the Jambo's Patch you're mentioning is the 649 patch right? IT IS NOT FOR HACKS.
I'm aware of this. I'm not using it for a hack, I'm playing around with it for a later hack when Jambo gives the OK.

So A-trainer is the best one out there...
I've figured out a way to use A-Trainer and hex editing to edit the trainers, so I guess you're right.

Thnx for all the help.
TweenyTodd

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
This is a great tutorial. It helped me learn Scripting. A very thanks for making this tutorial.

Thanks Aryan!

Guys if you want the thread to be updated so I can explain more commands just let me know. And I'll find sometime to edit the OP for those commands. :)

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
In trainerbattle 0x5, the rematch automatically makes the enemies pokemon have higher levels when you battled them again, how can you edit the pokemons that they have? Because the trainer ID in the rematch is the same.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
In trainerbattle 0x5, the rematch automatically makes the enemies pokemon have higher levels when you battled them again, how can you edit the pokemons that they have? Because the trainer ID in the rematch is the same.

Really? Well I haven't looked to that yet but I guess it has something to do with the trainer ID. Try looking at it in A-trainer or try looking into FR's original scripts which has trainerbattle 0x5. Or maybe the game raises a specific number of levels to the pokemon.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Here is the original script taken from a trainer that has a trainerbattle 0x5

Spoiler:

As you can see, the first was trainerbattle 0x2 0x72 ->Trainer ID 72
As you go on deeper, you'll see trainerbattle 0x5 0x72, still the same trainer ID

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023

Spoiler:

As you go on deeper, you'll see trainerbattle 0x5 0x72, still the same trainer ID

Are you sure about that? The one where it changes the levels to match yours? And can you post like the whole script? I gotta see myself.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years

Spoiler:

Well this tut is specifically for Firered although some of the codes here work for RSE too but I'm not sure If it will work for you whether you are using Ruby or Emerald.

But I can give you a tip on learning how to use thosse cides just try and rewrite and learn how the commands are used for and you can make your own scripts with commands that you don't know in no time. :)

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Well this tut is specifically for Firered although some of the codes here work for RSE too but I'm not sure If it will work for you whether you are using Ruby or Emerald.

But I can give you a tip on learning how to use thosse cides just try and rewrite and learn how the commands are used for and you can make your own scripts with commands that you don't know in no time. :)

Well thanks, btw I used trainer ID and try to search the name multiple times, it shows that there are same trainer names with different trainer ID, maybe those are the next pokemons that the trainer will use after the 1st battle.

Years
Rom Being used: FireRed v1.0

Comments:

Well, I am completely new to this. Although I know how to hack a Pokemon ROM, but I have never scripted in a event. o.o I came to this tutorial hoping to gain knowledge on scripting. Now my questions. All I need is my ROM and XSE right? And after I acquire those two things, will I make a script or base a script on your examples? I am looking for a script to make the national dex available, I have found a few, but am unsure if I should use them..
Here is the one I think I will use:
HTML:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800050
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800050
msgbox 0x800070
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800070
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!
Is it possible to change the text in the script, just the text? Also, do you thin you could add images to your tutorial showing step by step on how to use XSE. Otherwise, til someone reply's, i shall be playing around with this myself. Excellent tutorial. So, I shall return later. :3

EDIT:

I downloaded XSE form this thread, I UNZIPPED it, and when I try to open XSE.exe, it opens then closes suddenly. Then after a few times, I get a ''Runtine Error 9'' from it. .-.

I feel as if this is Java related?

~Just saying!
- It is not a virus.
- I re-unzipped it and tried it again, and it still did not work.
- What is wrong with it?

Last edited:

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Spoiler:
First off:
Make sure you have the .ini file in the same folder as XSE.

Second:
You will probably use more than just XSE. The reason is after you make the script, you need to give it to someone or something. This is most often done through A-Map. I use 1.92, but the newest version is 1.95.

Third:
I see quite a few things that could be fixed in this script.
Spoiler:

Years
First off:
Make sure you have the .ini file in the same folder as XSE.

Second:
You will probably use more than just XSE. The reason is after you make the script, you need to give it to someone or something. This is most often done through A-Map. I use 1.92, but the newest version is 1.95.

Third:
I see quite a few things that could be fixed in this script.
Spoiler:

Well, thanks for your help. My XSE folder unzipped contains no .ini file. So could you help me with that? And I already have Advance Map, I am quite good at using it to be honest. And thanks for the script update, although I did not see any differences. Also after I get XSE to work, if anyone helps me, how do I insert the script, if you care to help. :p

Years
I'm just now making the transition to XSE. Luckily Pokescript and XSE are pretty similar in terms of language, obviously... Regardless, this tutorial helped me to learn the differences and I definitely agree that XSE will be easier to use for me. I'll probably go check out Diego's tutorial, too, just to get the full gist of it. Still, I appreciate this tutorial.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Well, thanks for your help. My XSE folder unzipped contains no .ini file. So could you help me with that? And I already have Advance Map, I am quite good at using it to be honest. And thanks for the script update, although I did not see any differences. Also after I get XSE to work, if anyone helps me, how do I insert the script, if you care to help. :p

Download the XSE from the first post and it should have a fixed ini in it. :3 And you're using an old version of XSE try using the latest one.

I'm just now making the transition to XSE. Luckily Pokescript and XSE are pretty similar in terms of language, obviously... Regardless, this tutorial helped me to learn the differences and I definitely agree that XSE will be easier to use for me. I'll probably go check out Diego's tutorial, too, just to get the full gist of it. Still, I appreciate this tutorial.

Thanks I appreciate that! :)

Years
Thanks Shadowraze for the info. I will re-download, then back to using the tutorial. Thanks and very nice tutorial. =3

EDIT;

I re-downloaded, it includes no .ini file or settinges, etc. .-. Could someone send me a copy of there updated XSE. O.o I really need it and I am not getting no help... AllI get is the XSE.exe. I need the .ini files please. c=

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Thanks Shadowraze for the info. I will re-download, then back to using the tutorial. Thanks and very nice tutorial. =3

EDIT;

I re-downloaded, it includes no .ini file or settinges, etc. .-. Could someone send me a copy of there updated XSE. O.o I really need it and I am not getting no help... AllI get is the XSE.exe. I need the .ini files please. c=

Click the one in the last part I'll have to edit that big link at the start so it will point to a fixed one. :)

Back