• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day Night System - By Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quil

Me
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
As the tool uses Interdpth's RTC, the byte between day and hour in memory should be filled with dayofweek, but there is just a plain 00. I needed it, so I noticed. Did Zodiac remove it while optimising, or is it a bug? ;p

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I have a problem, no matter what time it is, it is always nighttime. I when to options>emulator>real time clock, and turned it off but still no dice.

Quil

Me
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
No, don't blame me for that. The fact is on some systems that day of the week shows while the others doesn't.

I tested it on VBA-M, and it does work on there. I guess it's a problem with the RTC stuff of the original VBA then.

I have a problem, no matter what time it is, it is always nighttime. I when to options>emulator>real time clock, and turned it off but still no dice.

You should turn it on, not off. :')

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Wow this tool seems to be great work. It works on XP too! I just hope that it doesn't crash when you go from afternoon to evening or night whatever it was that people posted.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2023
Hello! I have a small doubt:

Is there any way to know, in a script, each of the phases of the day, that is, taking a variable or something from the routine to use as an IF condition?
It would be a way to change the pokemons of the day and night (and the other things that must change: p)

Sorry for my bad english xD

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
@narutoactor
if you still haven't found the answer to your question try this make sure you do it in order IN ORDER!
1.simply reset the emulation, once you've turned on RTC, if it works load up your save file and you are off.
2.Try entering a house with of without your savefile, then comeback out.
3.If step two didn't work, then you will have to start a new save file.

DonGGaMilo

Red Special Creator
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
I don't know hot to use it...

I just clicked 'implement' but it doesn't works..

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I haven't commented on this yet, but it's amazing.
Lucky I have Vista.
And it probably will get overused, but that won't stop me from using it.

Scarex

Beautyfool.
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
But there are many versions of this program? xD
I love it, but I'm still not sure whether mu put my hack or not, I hope you make up some 100% sure, until then, I take that chance.

Finally, I wish you luck ^ ^

Greetz!

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
No XP comp? In the words of the French king: "I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION, YOUR FATHER SMELLED OF ELDERBERRIES, I SHAKE MY PRIVATE PARTS IN THE FACE OF YOUR AUNTIES" etc

Bad Rep time

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
This system is great! The only problems I have with it so far are:
1. A flash of the day palette can be seen right before warping, when it is a time that is not day.
2. The colors aren't very customisable.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
after i implemented at my pokemon emerald,, and go outside town, it freeze! congratz to me!

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
I'm on XP and it works great on my computer. Hmmm... I wonder if somehow my system has evolved!
CONGRATULATIONS! Your EXPI has evolved into METAXPI
METAXPI is trying to learn the move ASCEND
But it already knows four moves!
Forget a move and learn ASCEND?
METAXPI has forgotten FLAIL and learned ASCEND!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well, it works on MY XP now, but this is the computer I use out in my Kitchen (We got it fixed) It only works on the one out here though... I think my old one has some serious problems... but I already knew that.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Why will this system not allow me to load a palette into a different slot (for example, loading palette 0 into slot F)? This seriously messes with my appreciation for the system.

Fix this please.

I think you are talking about compatibility with JPANS engine right?
Since the palettes are overwritten frequently (i think...idk for sure) you might have actually loaded the palette, but then it got overwritten by the routine. I would suggest just removing the player from the palettes that are effected.
Or if i'm wrong and you aren't talking about overworlds at all, then i think being a little more specific might help us out a smidge.
*edit*
am i the only person who hasn't had ANY trouble with this tool after the update for xp? It seems to me that a lot of people are either
A) Being nubs and not downloading the newer version
B) using a tool that still has a few bugs that has compatibility issues with xp (lol, who would have thought that somethin like that would happen...)
C) Being nubs and not having the right runtimes installed (or some similar problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back