• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I bought a transfer pak, so I could use my pokemon on Stadium 2. My friend's gold reads just fine, but my crystal doesn't read. Would this have anything to do with the internal battery change I just did?
Replacing the battery will delete any existing saves, but after that Stadium 2 should be able to detect the cartridge and any new saves.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, shiny Pokemon were introduced in the GSC era. So that might be a shiny Unown you have there. Congrats!

Rosepuggins

Master Trainer
Years
Thanks for your reply and congrats, Silver, this is so cool to hear! I'll have to check my Unown to see which one it is. Will I be able to see the difference while they're in Bill's PC, or will I have to take them out and see them in action to tell? Your input is much appreciated! :-D

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2009
Pokemon Crystal help

Hi, I am new here and I have a question about the older game Pokemon Crystal. I am trying to get past the Sudowoodoo and I have read a few walkthroughs and stuff, but they usually all say I have to go to the city to get a squirt bottle. But there's one problem, the squirt bottle is in the city Sudowoodoo is blocking! What the heck do I do?

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
You'll need to get to Goldenrod City via Ilex Forest (entered from Azalea Town). Once you have beaten Whitney, you can talk to a girl by the Sudowoodo, who says to go to her house in Goldenrod and ask her sister for the Squirtbottle. This is the house next to Whitney's gym.

Then you will be able to use the Squirtbottle on Sudowoodo.

Pokemonshe

私はピンクを愛す
Years
I believe your supposed to beat the gym leader Whitney. She cries and does not give you the badge. You go next door to the flower shop and talk to the people there. Go back to Whitney and she'll give you the badge. Now go BACK to the flower shop and someone will give you the water can :D. Hope I helped.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2009
Well, (I'm speaking for my brother) he says he can't get to Azalea town becuase you have to go through Union Cave, and he says he needs Surf. This is pissing me off. EDIT: Ehh, nevermind. Everythings good.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for your reply and congrats, Silver, this is so cool to hear! I'll have to check my Unown to see which one it is. Will I be able to see the difference while they're in Bill's PC, or will I have to take them out and see them in action to tell? Your input is much appreciated! :-D

Unown is a bright green normally.
The shiny is blue or grey I think.
BILL's PC will work from the stat viewscreen.
Or just get a second Unown in party and compare the two.
May as well work towards Unown Dex completion...

Years
I don't know if this question have already been answered but, it's kinda tiring to read 8 pages full of questions and answers. :/

So, here's the thing: Some time ago, I bought a fake cartridge of Pokémon Crystal in a shop here in my country, since the original one was nowhere to be found already.
The game worked PERFECTLY and was exactly like the original. The sound was fine and the graphic effects couldn't be better.
I played it countless times for some months and, guess what? One day when I turn on the game, the only things that could be seen on the menu were "New Game" and "Options". So, resuming...I lost my saved file.
If the saved file was corrupted, a message would have appeared when I turned on the game, but nope. No message appeared.
The worse thing is, everytime I save my game now, when I turn off the game, the save files just don't appear. It's like I haven't saved the game at all.

Does anyone know why this happens?
Does it have to do with the fact that is a fake cartridge?
I would be very grateful if you answered.

Years
Quoted from Bulbapedia:
Copies of Pokémon Gold and Silver typically lose the ability to save after a period of about seven years, due to the internal battery running dry (this is due to the constantly-running clock). However, the battery is replaceable with another one of the same kind, although replacing it will reset the game's data. The problem appears less often with Pokémon Crystal.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's a fake cartridge.

Years
Quoted from Bulbapedia:

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's a fake cartridge.

The fact is...The game doesn't have seven years...
Unless it has been for sale that long. :/

Thank you for the information. ^^
By the way...how can I replace the battery? Oo

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2009
I believe you can replace the internal battery with a watch battery, and to get it in there, you need to open the cartridge carefully. Not saying you'd smash it to bits, but i'm sure stuff goes everywhere with little to no force anyway so...

Years
I believe you can replace the internal battery with a watch battery, and to get it in there, you need to open the cartridge carefully. Not saying you'd smash it to bits, but i'm sure stuff goes everywhere with little to no force anyway so...

Oh! Thank you SO much.
I'll try to do that...carefully though. I wouldn't want my game broken ^^''

Edit: I just did the "surgery" to my game and...IT WORKED.
It works perfectly and now it's able to save!
Thanks to you guys, my Pokémon Crystal is alive.

Thank you, once again fellas :'D

Last edited:

Rosepuggins

Master Trainer
Years
Unown is a bright green normally.
The shiny is blue or grey I think.
BILL's PC will work from the stat viewscreen.
Or just get a second Unown in party and compare the two.
May as well work towards Unown Dex completion...

Merci, Monsieur. I've completed my Unown Dex so will have to start pulling them to see if they differ if I can't tell while they're in the PC.

I appreciate y'all's input!

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2009
I've been doing a ground type monotype challenge, just got to Goldenrod, atm got Geodude, Onix (Rocky), Wooper and Sandshrew in my team, wanted to buy Cubone from the Game Corner but don't have enough money, anyone know any easy ways to win money or get money in Crystal?

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2009
Pokemon Blue last gym problem!

Hi, When I go to Greeen City for the last medal gym is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back