• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMVX] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Legends of Arceus

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
POKÉMON: LEGENDS OF ARCEUS
8haxw.png

Author: Final Destination
Version: Beta 1(Demo may come either today or tomorrow)

~+Story+~
(This is based off of Mystery Dungeon, so bear with me.)
It starts off with a stormy scene. Your partner, a Riolu, goes to put
his dinner on his stove, only for the electricity to go out. He goes to his neighbor Electivire's house, but was shocked on the way and barely made it. Electivire takes him in for the night. The next day, he is on his way home.

However, he somehow misses his house, and goes into a new area, and sees you, a Charmander, fainted. You two introduce yourselves to each other, and then...an Alakazam appears. This Alakazam asks you to rescue his Abra Scholar. Alakazam mentions a reward, which clinches your partner and he drags you along into the first dungeon, Honeybee Woods, where it all starts!
Legend:
There was once upon a time where there was a raging ruler of the universe...raging. Then...there was 16 plates, created by three deities, that held this ruler's power. They were then scattered...
If these plates were ever brought to this rulers temple...
There's no more writing.

+~Features+~

• Special Epsiodes!
  • A (hopefully interesting XD) Plot!​
  • Felicity Bank returns!​
  • More dungeons to roam in!​
  • Oh, yes, ACTUAL MYSTERY DUNGEONS. ;)​
  • Much much more, you'll see :P​
+~Screenies~+

72fAR.png

AvuO5.png

PwMyn.png

W9rgQ.png

Kp2vu.png

Exqwf.png

The Battlesystem

VNSLr.png

ILS2H.png

q2V0y.png

~+Help Wanted Section+~

Want to help with this project? Post below on what I need and if you can do it!

What's needed?

Mapper x2

Eventer x2

Storyline Plotter

~+Downloads Section~+

One should hopefully come today. :)

Well, thanks for taking a look at my thread. Please post if you want your constructive critisim/comments heard! Oh, yes...

~+Credits~+

Crazyninjaguy for the facesets and the charsets.

Inspiration from youtube videos.

Omegazion, Enevon and Straycat, Woratana, KGC Software, Sky00Valentine and Modern Algebra: Your scripts!!!! (search on google for their scripts)

Mack: For your tiles :)

You: For looking at this thread

~+Extras~+
Dungeons:
Honeybee Woods
Honeybee Grotto
[New] Flower Fields [Beta 1 only]

Towns:
Pokemon Village

Areas of Important Intrest
Alakazam's Library
Riolu's Home
Kangashkan's Guild

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Nothing? :(

Aww, you guys know you like Mystery Dungeon games. :P

/will update with screenshots today
Yes, we like the PMD games, and we love them, too. But we wanna talk about the picture of the storm getting worse. Okay?

PwMyn.png

Have you ever changed the tiles?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I think what kingsnivy is trying to say is that those tiles are ... unpokemonish espacially for mystery dungeon .... i mean seriously there's a stove.
You should make this a bit for pokémon tiled rather than what rpg maker vx already has to offer

Last edited:

Skystrike

Years
I would do that, only if the tiles were already IN RPG Maker VX format...

it's not like RPG Maker XP's format...:/

~Update~
I'm still working out the bugs for the demo...

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I would do that, only if the tiles were already IN RPG Maker VX format...

it's not like RPG Maker XP's format...:/

~Update~
I'm still working out the bugs for the demo...

Surely you are able to convert them to that format? What is the difference between formats?

The point people are making is, people are unlikely to pay the project any attention if the visual impact looks wrong -- that means, taking the time to make sure you're using correct PMD tilesets.

Skystrike

Years
Surely you are able to convert them to that format? What is the difference between formats? The point people are making is, people are unlikely to pay the project any attention if the visual impact looks wrong -- that means, taking the time to make sure you're using correct PMD tilesets

If they want to convert them all to RPG Maker VX format, fine by me.
One: RPG Maker VX doesn't support multiple tilesets without a program
Two: tell me where you can find a Riolu house and the tilesets for inside. Also tell me where, actually, I can find a tileset template for RPG Maker VX and a way to insert all.

Point is, I can't cater to EVERYONE'S needs/wants. I'm trying to make every OTHER aspect Mystery Dungeon-ish, and tiles will have to suffer.

It's not all about beauty you know.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Two: tell me where you can find a Riolu house and the tilesets for inside. Also tell me where, actually, I can find a tileset template for RPG Maker VX and a way to insert all.

Point is, I can't cater to EVERYONE'S needs/wants. I'm trying to make every OTHER aspect Mystery Dungeon-ish, and tiles will have to suffer.

If you want people to pay attention to your game then you should be more than willing to make a Mystery Dungeon tileset. Check out TSR, I'm sure they'll have tiles. To be honest though I'm skeptical that this game will take off if you don't know how to make a tileset. I think you should experiment with the program a little more before trying to make a game. Otherwise you're product will be lacking in substance.

Skystrike

Years
If you want people to pay attention to your game then you should be more than willing to make a Mystery Dungeon tileset. Check out TSR, I'm sure they'll have tiles. To be honest though I'm skeptical that this game will take off if you don't know how to make a tileset. I think you should experiment with the program a little more before trying to make a game. Otherwise you're product will be lacking in substance.
OKay I guess I'll try it. But there's no guarantees.

EDIT: I officially give up. I'm still making this game. Just not the tilesets. there's not enough tiles for ALL of the dungeons in the game :|

If you don't like it because of some tilesets, big deal. You don't like it. I'm sure OTHERS will see something else in it.

I'll keep checking back for real constructive criticism and comments tommorow, and not complaning.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

This is constructive critisism, but you see at complaining. I don't use VX, but one big tileset isn't that much of a problem, is it? A Riolu house would take some effort of a spriter. Maybe you should practice a bit more.

Besides that, it looks good aside from the eyesoring tiles. Also, I'd like to know a bit more about the story. Is this "Storm" significant in any way?

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
OKay I guess I'll try it. But there's no guarantees.

EDIT: I officially give up. I'm still making this game. Just not the tilesets. there's not enough tiles for ALL of the dungeons in the game :|

If you don't like it because of some tilesets, big deal. You don't like it. I'm sure OTHERS will see something else in it.

I'll keep checking back for real constructive criticism and comments tommorow, and not complaning.

What we're all giving you IS constructive criticism. We're trying to help you improve your game by pointing out what we all see as the obvious downfalls. You don't need to go on the defensive to hastily; if everyone here has mentioned the exact same thing... don't you think they might have a point?

If you're struggling with RMVX tiles why not try using RMXP or some other game creation software. Why not try and put all the tiles in a single large tileset?

There appear to be a lot of tiles on TSR:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pmd/
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmndungeon2/

Unfortunately, I agree with Conan Edogawa. If you can't even get a tileset to work & are quite so rude to people trying to give you help and advice, then your project isn't going to take off.

Skystrike

Years
I don't think I was being rude, and you guys do have a point. I don't want to admit it
Maybe I should switch over to RMXP...:/
I'll think about it.
I can get tilesets to work, but...

I'm at a loss here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
You don't have to switch from RMVX to XP, but you need to do the following:
1) Plan ahead
2) Limit yourself

I can't understand what is wrong with just ripping PMD graphics and using them as the tilesets. The only issue you will encounter is that they will be too small for RMVX's 32x32 tile system, but that can be fixed EASILY by re-sizing the sprites.

Also, you might want to get a better logo for your title. >_>

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2012
The tiles are good but just NOT fitting at all for Pokemon...it looks weird.
Just being constructive!
Other than that, it sounds great! Good luck! :D

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
heya, im no good at scripting or mapping but i can help w/ the storyline! just message me up if ya need me.

Muddy

Oshawott Luvr
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
Some things

This game looks pretty nice, I don't even mind the tileset. Though, I think it would be better if you could choose which starter you want to be, or also choose your partner, like in mystery dungeon games.

Overall, pretty nice game. :)

Back