• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Running Indoors The easy way. (FR/LG/R/S/E)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Introduction
Hello, I am Pinkish Purple and in this tutorial, I will be showing you how to modify your hack so that the player can run indoors. I will be using the hack Pokemon Rose for this demo. Credits go to DoubleDare96 for the tutorial, Bela for allowing me to use his hack for this demo, and HackMew for previously discovering this code.

Offsets
First, here are the offsets that we will be using later on in the tutorial:
Code:
Fire Red
BD494

Leaf Green
BD468

Ruby
E5E00

Sapphire
E5E00

Emerald
11A1E8[/CENTER]

Let's begin!​
Open up the rom with any Hex Editors and locate the Offsets using CTRL+G. Pokemon Rose is a Fire Red hack, so I will use the Fire Red offset.
Spoiler:

Now, you see an arrow in the picture above, pointing to the number ''08''. That is the number that disallows the player to run in buildings. So, what we want to do is to delete that ''08'' by changing the value to ''00''.
Spoiler:

And νσιℓα~ Works like a charm! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Really~? It's that easy, thanks a bunch for this simple & understandable tut, it'll definitely be useful to others as well~

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
As you can see, this is a 'The Easy Way' tutorial. And also, Why'd you want to know how to crack it?

For more info in debugging so we can learn more things.

Actually Hackmew already explains this in his thread it only lacks pictures. :D And why use Pokemon Rose? You could just use a clean FireRed Rom it's all the same. :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
As you can see, this is a 'The Easy Way' tutorial. And also, Why'd you want to know how to crack it?
The thread I linked to is the easy way. He's the person who discovered and gave us the knowledge to do this and you haven't even credited him either. Bela didn't create this hack, HackMew did.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years

So you can actually learn how to hack rather than how to copy and paste.

All you've done is add pictures to HackMew's work and didn't credit him at all. I have no idea why this thread was even approved, to be honest.

It's nice that you were trying to help, but perhaps you should spend more time learning before you try and teach.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
For more info in debugging so we can learn more things.

Actually Hackmew already explains this in his thread it only lacks pictures. :D And why use Pokemon Rose? You could just use a clean FireRed Rom it's all the same. :D

Oh, I used Rose because I wanted to be able to run in it, and while I was at that, why not a tutorial? :)

So you can actually learn how to hack rather than how to copy and paste.

All you've done is add pictures to HackMew's work and didn't credit him at all. I have no idea why this thread was even approved, to be honest.

It's nice that you were trying to help, but perhaps you should spend more time learning before you try and teach.

I know how to explain it, but the main point is how to do it, not what makes it happen. I didn't know HackMew had
another thread about this. I learnt it from a person on youtube (DoubleDare96) and I credited him. He probably learnt it from HackMew too, so I'll give credits.

The thread I linked to is the easy way. He's the person who discovered and gave us the knowledge to do this and you haven't even credited him either. Bela didn't create this hack, HackMew did.

1) I didn't even know that tutorial existed. As you can see, it was done in 2010. Is there a rule where there cannot be two posts of how to do the same things? Clearly no.

2) This thread was made to teach people, not to be compared to other threads, I understand that you were showing people how to do it better at first, but ultimately, it just led to you comparing both threads.

3) You don't even know what I'm talking about. I used Pokemon Rose (which is a hack by Bela) to do this demonstration. Of course he created the hack. HackMew discovered the code, which I do not think is counted as creating a hack. I learnt this from a person called DoubleDare96, so I am giving him credits. But since it was discovered by HackMew, and I didn't know it at first, I will edit it so that it credits HackMew too.

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Oh, and also i forgot to mention I think agentgeo made a tool in implementing the Running Inside Buildings thingy... :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
You need to credit HackMew, it's his knowledge. I don't care who you learned it from, because they obviously took it from that document anyway.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I have already credited. Could you be so kind as to remove that post?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Oh, and also i forgot to mention I think agentgeo made a tool in implementing the Running Inside Buildings thingy... :D

Yes, I don't know if it was by him, (I haven't used it in a while) but it is called Misc. Editor. It has several other neat functions, like fixing the Pokedex bug for having two pokemon type names. Sadly, it only works for FR.

Pinkish Purple: I learned from HackMew's tutorial originally, but most new hackers have no idea how to do it because it never says to use a hex editor, it just gives the offsets. I'm glad that you gave him credit, but I also give you some credit for dumbing this down for newby hackers who have never used HxD.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
........what? That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread...... Absolutely nothing....

This belongs in Simple Questions, not in this guide. So, ask it there, and I will be (slightly) happy to answer it.

Open up the rom with any Hex Editors
Because of this so i ask it here, sorry if i am in the wrong place.. i will post in Simple Question then..

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Oh, okay then. XSE is a script editor, it allows you to create in game events. A hex editor would be HxD. It edits the raw hexadecimal numbers that games (and all files to be honest) are really written in.

Oh so XSE is Script Editor? And it is not Hex editor? Oh sorry, i am new to this..

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2020
I'll try with my hack! Well that can be run indoors.

Good tutorial!

Back