• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Tree of Peace

New ROM Base? (See Post #9):

• Love It!

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Stick With Whatcha Got!

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
{Pokémon: Tree of Peace}----- ~As reviewed in the 1st issue of ROM Hackers Newsletter!

Technical Information:
Hack of:
badge-firered.png

Code Base: FireRed BPRE
Creator: Kawaii, Inc.
Language: English, Englais, etc.

Features:
[x]New Region: Welcome to the Wonderful World of Tottori!
[x]Storyline: Featuring your favorite dastardly villains, Team Rocket, with small appearances from Teams Aqua and Magma
[x]New Friends and Foes: Tree of Peace will develop the NPCs far better than Nintendo has ever done. There will be more friends, more foes, and more rivals to test you along your journey.
[x]Steambot Chronicles?: Many characters will be reminiscent of their counterparts from the game 'Steambot Chronicles'.
[x]And, of course, much, MUCH, more!

Updates:
Code:
Features to Make Life Easier: [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3849195&postcount=41"]Click![/URL]
Basil In-Depth/Userbar: [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3879624&postcount=42"]Click![/URL]
Titlescreen: [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3900561&postcount=47"]Click![/URL]
Not-so-Friendly Competition: [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3990150&postcount=50"]Click![/URL]

Story
:

Tottori, a region located to the south of Sinnoh, has taken on a life of its own. Not completely as developed as Kanto or Johto, many cities have attained the hustle-and-bustle state similar to that of Saffron or Goldenrod City. On the other hand, there are even more locations that have just recently been explored and colonized. One such area is Puffspore Village. Originally home to many forest dwelling pokémon the small hamlet is now being provided electricity and a train depot is in construction. After this human-interaction, many of the creatures that onced called Puffspore home have now fled in lieu of a more peaceful environment. You, the main character of the soon-to-unfold story, have moved to Puffspore Village with your Mother and Brother. Your brother has recently become sick, and your mother believes the unclean city air to be the cause. Not only that, but she's watched your fascination for pokémon manifest into an uncontrolable urge to be with the creatures. Prof. Basil's Green Leaf Academy is situated right outside of Puffspore Village, making it all the more reason to move. Although the story of Puffspore's forest dwellers may seem tragic, all is not lost. Atleast, the situation is better than that of the Whisperpine Woods. Located deep within the woods is a large tree. The "Tree of Peace" provides security and nourishment to the entire region of Tottori. Unbeknownst to many of the humans that call Tottori home, many a foul deed is being commited within the Whisperpine Woods. Team Rocket has recently funded a logging venture that is ravaging the Wood. They hope to harvest the frightened creatures that call Whisperpine home and to entice the guardian of all nature, Celebi. The story of Tottori is continually being written. By fate, you have been led into the pages of history to stop this menace. The rest of the story is up to you to write...
Media:
3355nhc.png

2dhip8h.png
11rvn61.png

dqrfrs.png
97s58p.png
bjiqgm.png

11sp3yr.png
2hrputj.png

24l1qh0.png
2rmpkjd.png
10gmovb.png

11spniq.png
e7j8xz.png

Trophy Case:
TreeofPeace.png

Glitches
:
[x]For some strange reason, when walking in one of the cities (not yet released), which uses the Saffron City tileset, all sprites are on top of the tiles. If anyone knows the cause of this, and what I can do to fix it, I would be greatly appriciative. Click Here.

Bulletin
Board:
[x]
Things I need help with...
Code:
1.) Sprites/OWs for Basil, Vanilla, Coriander, Marjoram, etc. from 
"Steambot Chronicles"

Credits
:
[x]Christos and Peyi for ROM Base and Tiles
[x]PokéCommunity and PHO for introducing me to hacking
[x]All Hackers that inspired me to delve into the depths of Mapping, Scripting, etc.
[x]Hackmew for creating the script writing program, XSE, I've come to know and love!
[x]Cooley and Megiddo for the Titlescreen

Support:

51197188696hh6.png

Releases
:
Currently, the only available release is Prologue. Expect the next release sometime this year. ~Outdated!~
Note: Many people have not yet been scripted in the prologue. The idea was just to give a feel of the game. Proceed to talk to people with caution! Also, none of the signposts have been scripted. This is not a glitch!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I like the way you present your project!
very neat and clean. I also like the story which goes deep with nature. I like this. :)

in the screenies, I like the simplicity. though, I find the screen where the player talks to the old man about electricity, the grammar is a bit wrong, "I'd rather the POKéMON that lived in the trees." :\

anyways, it is very nice.., so keep it up~

Blitzballer

Years
I like the way you present your project!
very neat and clean. I also like the story which goes deep with nature. I like this. :)

in the screenies, I like the simplicity. though, I find the screen where the player talks to the old man about electricity, the grammar is a bit wrong, "I'd rather the POKéMON that lived in the trees." :\

anyways, it is very nice.., so keep it up~
I'm pretty sure it's correct. "I'd" is acting as a contraction for I+would, so it reads "I would rather the POKémON that lived in the trees." As far as I know that's correct...I think? What did you think was wrong with it. If it's wrong I'd love to know so I can change it! =)
...as you can tell: I'm the grammar snob about whom your mother warned.

awesome, need any help?
id love too any way i can
If help involves making sprites, then, Yes! I need your help! If anyone wants to help contribute to this hack, whether it be tools, advice, sprites, etc., please consult the bulletin board!

~~
Thanks for the complements, everyone! I'd love to talk about a cool building in the next town/city, but right now I'm focused on making the map work, so I haven't even tried implementing it yet. Again, if anyone knows what the cause of my map problem is (please consult Glitch section) I'd be in your debt!!

LusterLegend

Evil shall fill your heart
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
This is a very nice and decent hack. I like how your presentation stands out but i think DJG is right, you should probably fix some of the spelling in there. But other than that, i wish you lots of luck!

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
In a world full of boring presentations and horrible screenshots of the game, and horrid scripting, and lack of any real content, this hack stands out.

I'm happy. This is what a real hack in the Hack Showcase should be like.
Keep up the good work.
:]

Blitzballer

Years
This is a very nice and decent hack. I like how your presentation stands out but i think DJG is right, you should probably fix some of the spelling in there. But other than that, i wish you lots of luck!
Where are these spelling errors? I'd love to know what they are so I can fix them.
In a world full of boring presentations and horrible screenshots of the game, and horrid scripting, and lack of any real content, this hack stands out.

I'm happy. This is what a real hack in the Hack Showcase should be like.
Keep up the good work.
:]
Oh my gosh, the way that your comment started got me depressed. Phew! That was a true complement! Haha.

~~
Okay, in other news, I was searching around PHO today, and I happened upon a nice ROM Base. Now, I love the ROM Base that I'm currently using, but I think this one goes with the "nature" theme better, and it has many more nature-like tiles. What do you all think?:
Testmap.png

Test map and ROM Base credited to Xiderwong and I can guarentee the tiles are Kyldove's!

So, what do you all think?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
i like the new rombase better ...
i also like your theme of nature its very exciting and new
and the addition of the great steambot chronicles characters = i must play this !

however have you chosen the starters if not they should be grass and be ...

hoppip , seedot , and lotad ( all are dual typed upon 3rd evo )

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
the new ROM base's palletes are a bit pale than the previous ones in your screenshots, however, the trees in that ROM base are pretty. I love them. :)

But do so keep them if you wish. If you like them, then use them. ;)
Good luck with this project~

(I still find that grammar wrong. :\
By this I mean that the old man's speech is lacking some words...
)

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2008
Looks great and all, but I want to wait for the beta version of the full version not play the prologue cause it gets really annoying to start it over even if I could just transfer the files somehow, I still like to play through the beginning and stuffz.

Blitzballer

Years
i like the new rombase better ...
i also like your theme of nature its very exciting and new
and the addition of the great steambot chronicles characters = i must play this !

however have you chosen the starters if not they should be grass and be ...

hoppip , seedot , and lotad ( all are dual typed upon 3rd evo )
Haha. Steambot Chronicles is shear AMAZING-NESS!...plus I thought that after Poke-stylizing the characters, they would look really nice!
And yes, I have chosen the starters. A lot of people will probably be able to guess what that starter is, and I'll probably be criticized for it, without any justification (i.e. "dude tht sukzz!!1!"), but that's just fine, because I can ignore it, and they'll get in trouble!!!

Looks great and all, but I want to wait for the beta version of the full version not play the prologue cause it gets really annoying to start it over even if I could just transfer the files somehow, I still like to play through the beginning and stuffz.
Sounds good. Actually, I'd do the same! I just know people get edgy, and I didn't want anyone to spam the thread saying, "When's the relese?!1" =)

~~
Okay! I think I'm going to go with the new ROM Base as it has A LOT more tree tiles (including pines for the Whisperpine Woods), and tree stumps!!! Although, I'm not going to implement it just yet, because I talked to the creator, and he said he'd have a finished version of the base in "2 or 3 days", so I'll wait for that. Until then, I'll be working on new scripts for the next city, Blossombeach City. I would show some new screenshots of the city, but of course, there is the glitch (see Glitches section). I'm not sure if I'll have the glitch with the new ROM Base, but if anyone knows the cause, I'd soooo LOVE THEM! =)
Anywho, new screenshot of the ROM Base:
Screen_Final.PNG

Not much difference, but there's new water tiles, new path, and a flower (always important) that looks like a dandelion (I'll edit it to make it look more like one)!!

So, comments/concerns? Tell me!

Years
Hm, i think my rombase is pretty good^^
Well, please check out the Thread of PHO.
I have released the final version for a few minutes...

~Xiderwong

@theme; Good hack!
I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with my rombase..

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
I'd like to help you with your map glitch problem, but alas I don't understand the problem?

Is the sprites supposed to hide partially under the tiles? or completely? And they are not?
Please be more specific, or provide a small screenshot (I know you don't want to reveal the new city).

I would love to help you fix this problem. :]

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
This styled Layout beats any CSS layout :P
I really like your hack, the palettes, and everything. Say, if you can provide images for the Titlescreen, I can insert them, if you want me to. :D

Thanks, for posting such a great hack, even though it's not far, it's still good.
I can tell it'll be good in the future ;)

Blitzballer

Years
I'd like to help you with your map glitch problem, but alas I don't understand the problem?

Is the sprites supposed to hide partially under the tiles? or completely? And they are not?
Please be more specific, or provide a small screenshot (I know you don't want to reveal the new city).

I would love to help you fix this problem. :]

Well, that's alright! Giving a couple of screens isn't the end of the world (you can't tell anything by the screens anyway):
142aebp.png
xenckh.png
1623bxd.png

See how even the Pokéball is on top of the tiles?
9tebeg.png
10eggv9.png

The hero is under the top of the tree tile on every other map? And if you go to the Saffron City map, everything is normal.

{EDIT:
This styled Layout beats any CSS layout :P
I really like your hack, the palettes, and everything. Say, if you can provide images for the Titlescreen, I can insert them, if you want me to. :D

Thanks, for posting such a great hack, even though it's not far, it's still good.
I can tell it'll be good in the future ;)

Hehe, I thought so! Trying to learn CSS is too time consuming, and isn't worth it (in my opinion). Now I know HTML, but, Hrmm... =D Unfortunately, the palettes won't be sticking around for long! Although, I think the switch is for the better, and looks far superior.
Anywho, I'll get those images to you in a PM.}

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hmm...
Maybe it has to do with switching the town around and the blocks.
Try going to the block editor and make sure that the block goes over the player.
I think it'll say that.
I'm not too sure. :\
Try the maphelp thread. :\
GL~

Blitzballer

Years
Hmm...
Maybe it has to do with switching the town around and the blocks.
Try going to the block editor and make sure that the block goes over the player.
I think it'll say that.
I'm not too sure. :\
Try the maphelp thread. :\
GL~
Nope, everything checks out there. And I tried the map help thread, but I got the same thing. I guess I'll try again. Can't hurt, right?

Last edited:
Back