• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Community Service" [OOC][M]

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I thought about it for a while and I decided I won't be joining the RP. I can't decide something to add to Laurence and I don't feel like I'll enjoy playing another character.

Sorry about that, but it just won't work out for me and I'm in too many RPs anyways. It's a good idea, so I see a lot of success for this RP. Good luck on it! :)

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Do I smell angst? I think I smell angst.

A little heads up: because my old RP Sample was decidedly short, I switched it with something longer. I also made a few tweaks to the SU.
Name/Nicknames: William "Will" Hayes

Gender/Sex: Male

Appearance
: Will is quite the dazzling young man, if he does say so himself; he stands at a fairly common height of five feet five, with a rather scrawny build topped by somewhat broad shoulders. These features, on anyone else, may not exactly scream "look at me!", but Will is...the exception to the rule, shall we say? Being trained from an early age to always keep his posture straight and his presentation pleasing, Will will (aww) often be one to attract attention due to his, as he calls it, debonair visage. It is to be noted, however, that despite what his mannerism suggests, Will is not unwilling to use his "perfect gentleman" image to get his way.

Will was blessed at birth with an attractive countenance. A lucky stroke of fate (and good genes on his parents' part) has endowed him with the bread-and-butter heartthrob combination of clear blue eyes and blond hair. This fact is further accentuated by Will's pale complexion, which adds to him a sort of sophisticated aura. Admittedly, as far as natural appearance goes, little else is worthy of note, though many claims his rather vague features does put emphasis on his apparent gentleness.

As far as wardrobe goes, Will is not as fashion-conscious as one may think; however, being in the social status that he is, it is pretty much a requirement to knowa thing or ten about fashion. Most of his nearest and dearest have noted that he is particularly fond of pastel colors, and will seldom wear dark colors unless used in tandem with the aforementioned pastels. He will rarely wear something for comfort, as he tries to appear as pleasing as possible. However, he has learned through thorough observation that dressing as if one didn't care for fashion has a charm of its own. It's not something he can exactly identify with, but if it'll help fulfill his ambitions...

History:
William Devon Hayes was born to Arthur and Maria Hayes, two successful entrepreneurs whose huge business profits allowed them to live right in the lap of luxury. Being born into such a lavish environment, it is hardly a surprise that young Will received only the finest education, munched only on the most exquisite cuisines, and touched only the most expensive toys. He was accustomed to living a frivolous life, and quite luckily the Hayes Enterprises, a string of PokeBall factories spanning across a good chunk of Kanto, survived through their region's rocky political and economic landscape, thus continuing to provide money to burn on Will's necessities.

However, when the United States of Unova (henceforth USU) absorbed the region into its empire, the Hayes Enterprises saw a great surge in competition for the market that led to its demise. After their company's bankruptcy, Arthur and Maria were reduced to being small business owners, and, as a result, they could no longer support Will's costly upbringing. And thus, for the first time in his life, at fourteen years of age, he received his first formal education. His years of being privately tutored for most of his life came to be a great asset while he was studying at the public school; his grades shot up above all others. When he finally graduated middle school, he found himself invited to an extremely prestigious private high school, surprising nobody.

After graduating from High School with marks as high as his Middle School's, Will chose not to go to college for the time being. He helped out his parents in their chain of businesses, suggesting innovations that helped their company to further flourish. This lifestyle in itself was education to Will and proved to be invaluable experience in recognizing the nooks and crannies of the business field. Finding that this learning environment is far more convenient than that of those needlessly competitive universities, he decided to forsake higher education altogether. After all, where his former classmates were paying exorbitant amounts and working their brains off on their education, Will lived in casual luxury, all the while earning green on the side. Pretty sweet deal, no?

Despite their family's economy shaping up to a respectable state, Arthur still yearned for their former glory and influence. To realize this dream, he decided to better organize his company. He took all of his small businesses and combined them into a single corporate entity, the new Hayes Enterprises. In three swift years, Will, Arthur and Maria had transformed the upstart company into a corporate superpower. As fate would have it, the couple were avid activists in a certain movement that the USU government did not particularly approve of; they saw the Hayes Enterprises's strong influence as a threat, and made up a reason to have both of their owners, Arthur and Maria, arrested. Suspecting Will was also involved in the movement, the government made arrangements to have Arthur sent to a reformatory facility, namely SOUL.

Personality
: Well-mannered, articulate and affable, most people meeting Will for the first time would likely agree that he is a true gentleman, his lack of a mustache and top hat nonwithstanding. For good reason, too - his vocabulary practically oozes class, and his intellectual capabilities are nothing to sneeze at either. As is mentioned before, he constantly tries to put up a "perfect gentleman" facade, and most of the time, he succeeds with flying colors.

However, Will is truly a golden apple with a rotten core; on the outside he may appear an entirely agreeable young man, but deep down in the depths of his heart, he's arrogant, cold, calculating, and just plain malicious. He may seem like he's wholeheartedly agreeing with you on the outside, but unless you're telepathic or just that good at reading the signs, you probably won't know that he's plotting your downfall in the short future. On occasions he may slip up and let through some of his heart's thoughts without his brain's consent, but any such occasions is quickly and profusely denied.

Will is ambitious to a fault; he prefers to steer clear of those he deems weak (never shown outwardsly, of course; he's got a reputation to maintain). His battle style is extremely by-the-book. He will use type advantages, terrain effects, weathers and any other effects to his advantage, and he will rarely, if ever, make up new strategies, because he sees them as nothing more than gimmicks. He takes what worked and enacts them in his battles; as far as he's concerned, this method is far more effective than trying to improvise just for the sake of improvising.

Aspiration: ruler of the world Will, after spending three years as an integral part of Hayes Enterprises, has his mind settled firmly on the business field.

Starter
:[FONT=&quot] Smoochum

Password 1: you yew ewe I interpreted it wrong didn't I. ._. Queensland Wants Every Retired Tractors You're Using In Operation Plateau
Password 2
: sUgar two

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Years

Riku Kimura

Gender/Sex| Male
Age| 18

Appearance| >Riku Graham< Standing at six feet flat and weighing in at some one hundred and fifty pounds with the physique of an experienced athlete, not to mention the nonchalant expression forever plastered on his face, appearance alone could mislead people into believing he's older than he actually is. His olive skin is stretched across lean muscles, modest in size, his upper right arm marked with a tattoo of Hawaiian tribal markings. His hazel eyes glitter with clarity and keenness, assessing and examining the world leisurely, not usually focusing on a single aspect of his surroundings. His dark, almost black, hair is kept jagged into a fo-hawk with no real effort to keep it neat.

Usually, Riku's entire person is swathed in clothes that he managed to steal. This being said, he's usually decked out in the most fashionable clothes he liked. Ranging from graphic tees to crewneck sweaters and expensive looking jackets, Riku didn't hesitate in taking what he wanted. He tends to stray from jeans and opts to wear cargo shorts for a quick get-away from his crimes and for a comfortable breeze. Mid-length athletic socks usually cover his feet under a pair of his favorite, and probably only, brand of sneakers - Jordans. Typically, he doesn't wear any head wear, but on occasion he's known to wear a snapback cap or even a beanie.

History: Riku was born into a world that many children experienced, but few dared to acknowledge. He grew up in a very old, poor neighborhood in Rustboro. He lived with both his mother, Irene, and with his father, Joshua, for only a short while. A car accident took his mother from him when he was only six, and stricken with grief his father attempted suicide. After that failed, he left him and his two siblings - a younger brother and sister - to the care of his grandmother who lived on the other side of the city. His memories of his mother are vague, if not almost extinct, those of his father he rather forget. The children lived with his grandmother in a small home that she had worked hard and alone for after the disappearance of her husband. His grandmother taught her grandson to only place his trust in himself and no one else, and to never expect things in life unless you worked and earned them. This meant Riku was force to grow up early in order to try and maintain a stable life while he lived with his grandmother. The word was cold and cruel to all of them, but so long as they had one another's love and support, perhaps things would work out in their favor.

Riku was one of the only child from a poor background at the school he attended. It was otherwise full of wealthy, snotty and spoiled children who would constantly tease him. Unfortunately, life's cruelty didn't stop there. It was no walk in the park; not a single person stood up to defend him or become his friend, no other child came to his side. The young Riku was bullied all throughout elementary and middle school, mostly by the richer kids he was forced to grow up with in school and by the thugs that roamed around the slums he called home. They'd tease him about his hair, his hazel eyes or the way he always dressed in rags. It only grew worse up until the point he was sent home early when the rich kids tossed old, rotten cafeteria food on him, and was confronted by the local thugs and mugged. They left him with deep gashes everywhere on his body, all for five dollars. He was alone. Slowly but surely, he began not only to put up a tough guy act for protection, but also a deep hatred for the human race.

When he was eleven, he decided it was enough, it would all end. He had planned to begin robbing the local shops and convenient stores around his neighborhood so they would be able to move away to a nicer place. A small start, yes, but soon enough he piled on larger stores and even a restaurant once. Eventually he began mugging random people around town, he would never hurt innocent people, but knowing this neighborhood these people he would beat down were sure to be guilty of something. His younger brother, the only other person aware of his misdeeds, would constantly try to talk him out of it. But after explaining he was just one more robbery away from affording them to all move to a wonderful neighborhood in Johto, his brother hesitantly offered his help. After months of planning, the biggest heist Riku would ever pull came to life. With the help of his brother and his uncle, a local gangster and get-away driver, the group hi-jacked a heavily armored truck carrying thousands of dollars heading for the bank of Rustboro. After knocking both guards unconscious and a quick get-away with the truck, they seemed to be in the clear.

But the police had some how caught up to them not ten minutes later, and after hitting a dead end they proceeded to run away on foot - leaving all the money behind. The police had shot their uncle dead, and managing to grab their dead relative's gun, Riku and his younger brother Andre hid behind a dumpster. Mind clouded with adrenaline, Riku talked Andre into shooting blindly to grab the officers attention while he went back for the money. A few seconds after Andre began firing the gun to allow his older brother to complete their mission, the police fire opened fire and managed to hit Andre in the leg. The panicking fourteen year old fired blindly into the crowd of officers and managed to hit two - one in the head. The police swarmed him like lions on a wounded Zebra, Riku had no choice but to agree with his brother's cries to run, and he just kept running. Tears running down his face, he couldn't believe what he had just done to his brother, what had happened. Not paying attention, he was hit by a police car as soon as he turned a corner. Not hard, but with enough force to knock him on the ground which provided the perfect opportunity for his arrest.

A few months passed by, he and his younger brother shared a cell. His younger brother was sentenced to death in exactly one year, killing two officers was enough to drain this young boy from emotion enough to the point the announcement of his death did not phase him. He was so calm those days in prison, like he waited for death, and he wasn't afraid of it - he welcomed it. Those days in prison, Riku cherished them, those were the final moments he would see his brother alive. He was sent to the SOUL program the day after the announcement of his brother's death date, but they promised they would allow his brother to call Riku every day. This was all his fault, to this day Riku thinks of nothing much besides a way to free his brother.

Personality| Though Riku suffered a bad childhood and had to endure many obstacles in life he certainly did not turn down the path of 'loving himself, accepting life and growing for the better'. In other words, he strayed far from the role of the fairy tale Gary Stu. He has come to discover that trusting someone is far too dangerous. While most think it's more morally correct to assume someone is good at first impression, Riku does the exact opposite. Everyone he first meets―or even those he's only heard about―are automatically put under 'deceiver'. Anyone could be a liar, a cheater, a heartbreaker.. And he isn't willing to take the time or risk to figure out which they are.

He is known to make witty comments, and is quick to have his walls up and ready for combat. Love has not been a big thing for him since he was always on the move, and for good reason, too. He isn't exactly lucky in that department. Riku has no friends besides pokemon, and he is quite content that way. He believes he doesn't need friendships with humans, and this has worked well for him so far. However, when it comes to other people, he can be a little hostile, rude, or completely ice cold with them. Nevertheless, deep down, beyond all of these quirks and conflicting ideas, lies a young man who only ever wanted a casual life. He's come to accept that that cannot happen now, and it is an endless, poignant feeling in his heart. All he has in this world are his memories of those happy days he spent with his family playing with Pokemon. And that, he believes, is all he will ever need. Life has been a struggle for him, and the only way he's ever known how to live is through survival. Luxury is taken too lightly by people. Not enough people know the value of hard work and the struggle to stay alive for the next sunrise. But Riku knows this, and no matter how difficult things get, he will always put on a tough, "I don't give a f*ck" attitude.

Aspiration: The League Champion gets money, money solves any problem. His brother going to die in one year, yeah, that's a big problem.

Starter: Larvitar
Password 1: Questioning Will Entail Rings That Yawn Underneath In Our Place [longest part of this sign up -.-]
Password 2: seQuoia four
RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Heres hoping there are still spots...Only two accepted but a lot of Sign ups in here, so I'm posting a sign up just in case a spot is open. Edit: I think I'm done, but I will add more if needed.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
So sorry I haven't returned in a while! Got tied up with life. But there's no time like the present, so let's review:

@The Final Watchman - It's a very decent SU, but I feel you need a bit more meat and substance in your personality section. Also, am I going crazy or you don't have a starter picked out? I can't seem to find it. If you can just adjust it in these areas you'll be a-okay to go. :3

@Saturated Hue - Very nice SU, it'll be interesting to see this guy function in the RP. Accepted.

@Charizard_Man - Beautiful! You and Saturated Hue should meet up and cause chaos. :D

Accepted.

@Lt. Col. Fantastic - (Great username BTW) It's just, um, well, the character is unbelievable in a lot of ways. She's just 19, conning several rich men out of money and buying a bloody house on top of that, and she gets.... SOUL? That's more acquainted to the rich men ruining her life and placing her in a cell forever. And she just "escapes?" There are one too many things that this apparently unintelligent girl does that isn't really believable. There are also several spelling mistakes. Declined for now.

I'm not saying make her boring, just a bit more.... real. And interesting.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
So sorry I haven't returned in a while! Got tied up with life. But there's no time like the present, so let's review:

@The Final Watchman - It's a very decent SU, but I feel you need a bit more meat and substance in your personality section. Also, am I going crazy or you don't have a starter picked out? I can't seem to find it. If you can just adjust it in these areas you'll be a-okay to go. :3

That's actually because I saw three good RPers post SUs so I didn't actually finish it, xD. Though, now that I still have a chance... *Runs to SU*

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
So sorry I haven't returned in a while! Got tied up with life. But there's no time like the present, so let's review.

@Lt. Col. Fantastic - (Great username BTW) It's just, um, well, the character is unbelievable in a lot of ways. She's just 19, conning several rich men out of money and buying a bloody house on top of that, and she gets.... SOUL? That's more acquainted to the rich men ruining her life and placing her in a cell forever. And she just "escapes?" There are one too many things that this apparently unintelligent girl does that isn't really believable. There are also several spelling mistakes. Declined for now.

I'm not saying make her boring, just a bit more.... real. And interesting.

Okie dokes. I'll work on this, or even scratch the character and make a new one if I'm feeling extra insane tonight. Should be done by tomorrow. (Sorry for spelling, I don't have any spellcheck, and lets be honest. I'm not the best speller here. But I will either buy a dictionary or somehow code spellcheck for this thing.)

EDIT: Oh, wow. Theres a spellchecking app on the Market. No more errors for me!

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Yes! Chaos indeed. Looking forward to working with y'all. :3c

Also, just a bit of question to sate my curiosity, does the aspiration part of the SU have any major relevancy or is that just an extension of the personality section? I'd like mine to be better thought out if it turns out to be something of massive importance, haha. xD

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Spoiler:

Okay, so my sanity level last night was debatable, since I made a new character. Anyway, here he is! I like him more than Margot. I used my spellchecker, but it didn't catch anything, so I'm skeptical about it's proficiency.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
SERVER LEADERBOARD
Perhaps you should challenge some of the most active trainers on the server!​

CHIEF_zpsxverpb9p.png

[ 1 ] <危険なGEARS1>
Massachusetts, USA
☐☐:21:49 PLAYTIME
Another field

カ▓▓イリ▓ー | E5ç¢$∞7ç†πα3"¿ | 12▓.0 k▓甲

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

JACRED_zpsk9n45uma.png

[ 1?? ] <JACRED14S∑√α∂–
©¿÷¥€∏©®±√…¿≤ß™∞©π€≤ , GerDEUTHLAN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN​
99:99:99 HOURS

Venu#™9999 |
Spr_1g_132.png
| ,scri[t<scrip=251, 252, 254, 255 ,/color]>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Spr_RG_Beauty.png

[ 2 ] <PRSECTLOST>
London, England
11:08 PLAYTIME
ジーランスと深海の秘宝! | Areuse'useu | Ev±∫∞¥±µ
Spr_1g_133.png
…∑™œvee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

xehrps.png

[ 4 ] <
N_Y191.png

NO APPLICABLE LOCATION DATA
??:??:?? PLAYTIME

Spr_RG_Cooltrainer_F.png
| M̵̧̛̭̤̣̱̙̥̞͚̣͇̤̦͔̦a͏̡̤̝͍̣͈̩̙̲̼̱͔͉̦̣̗̭͘͢m̵̧̝͔̪͇̺͕̪͎͘a̴̳̤͕̱̗͖̹͎͡ ̡͈͍̜̥͞͡͞M̶̡̬͍̳̬̖͓̬̭̺̤̗͓̦͢ͅa̴̡̭̬̳̝̹̫̯̮͔̻̪̥͚̹͕̗̕͡ ͏̶̡̻͕̝̻͍̺̘͟ͅM͟͢͡҉̤͎̙͖̠͖̗̲̜̹a̴̧̢̢̳͈̱̠̥̙̰̩̥͉̠̩̩͠ͅͅ ̸̣̗̝́͜͡ͅM̛͎̭̞̻̕a̴̵̡̰̙̳̼̭͖͔͓̺̙̤͚͎̼̺͍͘̕m̸͝҉̴̜̞̻͙̖̩̦̳͇̼̯͚̮͓̩̻̪̬́a̫̦̯͎͡͞ |
Spr_RG_Jr_Trainer_F.png

CHIEF_zpsxverpb9p.png

[ 5 ] <JUICEPEELS>
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
[]:><:?? PLAYTIME

カ▓▓イリ▓ー | E5ç¢$∞7ç†πα3"¿ | 12▓.0 k▓甲

© '62 - '91 Nintendo Trading Card Company
© '89 - '91 Cable Club International​

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Omigawd... *releases breath* I've been holding it ever since I saw Lt. Col.'s new SU and only one more spot! xD

Back