• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As interesting as this is, you described what's going on by "discussion". The question was answered and the user asked to speed up the EV training process, not speed up the process to getting a Pokemon to level 100 (because it's a good assumption that his Pokemon was level 100 already), and carrying it on just turns a question thread into a discussion thread. When there's more discussion then more people want to jump in, making this less of a question thread and more of a discussion thread - and as a result it might make people less willing to ask questions here, as well as make the thread messy. Thus it'd be best that from this point it'd be best to move on, or answer how to speed up the EV training process (which honestly can't really be sped up that much - although you could check over the EV training part of the FAQ in this section, maybe for some hints?)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
To speed up EV training you will want to make use of Power items and Pokerus. Power items give 4 bonus EVs of a certain stat, and then Pokerus doubles it. So basically it turns 1 EV gain into 10 (2[1+4]), 2 into 12 EVs (2[2+4]), or 3 into 14 (2[3+4]). Along with Vitamins, this will only require about 10-15 kills per stat (if maxing at 252) depending on desired spread.

You can buy Power items for 16 BP each at PWT or the Subway, and Vitamins in the same manner for 1 BP each or through buying them in bulk with a high level mart in Join Avenue.

http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/ev-training-hot-spots-in-black-2-white-2/
^EV training location guide for BW2 written by PC member Gonz0.

Once you get the hang of it, it will only take a few minutes to finish EV training something!

Years
Is it possible to get legendaries such as Mew or others in Black 2? Or a Pikachu even? Just curious. I have a Wartortle & a Charmander in my Pokemon party.

Years
Is it possible to get legendaries such as Mew or others in Black 2? Or a Pikachu even? Just curious. I have a Wartortle & a Charmander in my Pokemon party.

They are among some of the Pokemon that can only be obtained with the Poke Transfer, which requires a second DS and a 4th Generation game (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver).

A complete list of Pokemon that can only be obtained via Poke Transfer is found here.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
With the Meloetta gamestop event, you get the card from gamestop - is that card good forever? or only until the event is over?

I JUST started pokemon white 2, just got to castelia, and there is no way I could defeat and catch a level 50 pokemon any time soon >.<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The card is good for life! So feel free to go to the Pokemon Center whenever :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Breeding DW females (question)

So I have this Magic Guard Abra;
Gender; Female
Ability; Magic guard
Nature; naughty (hehe)

Her nature isn't what I need it to be (Timid) So I paired her with a male Abra and began to hatch eggs, in the hopes of getting a male/female Abra with a Timid nature and Magic Guard ability. Alas, this is easier said than done..

I've been hatching eggs for 2 days now, up to 60 eggs a day. So far I've only seen 2 Timid Abras and neither had Magic Guard. what I did manage to get is;
Abra
Gender; Female
Ability; Magic guard
Nature; Modest

Modest is ok for an Alakazam (+SAtk -Atk) but I much prefer the speed over the damage boost. This alakazam will utilize his Magic Guard by using a Life Orb, so i'm more interested in the speed boost as a nature.

So here are my questions; am I doing this wrong? is there some way to speed this up? or do I just need to keep hatching eggs and hope for the best? over 120 eggs and only 2 Timid natured Abras, neither with Magic guard.. it's a little discouraging :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Finding an Abra with Timid Nature would be easier. Or a Ditto with Timid nature, give it an Everstone to pass down the nature to a Male Abra, then breed that new Male with the female holding an Everstone to pass down the nature to the Female and then pray for Magic Guard.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Finding an Abra with Timid Nature would be easier. Or a Ditto with Timid nature, give it an Everstone to pass down the nature to a Male Abra, then breed that new Male with the female holding an Everstone to pass down the nature to the Female and then pray for Magic Guard.
I'm not sure I understand. With a male timid abra, and a DW female with any nature... give the female the everstone? but wont the female pass down her nature 100% of the time, making all my eggs the wrong nature 100% of the time?
---
edit;
sorry just re-read what you wrote, so you mean give the male the everstone? does that work? :o

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
With the Meloetta gamestop event, you get the card from gamestop - is that card good forever? or only until the event is over?

I JUST started pokemon white 2, just got to castelia, and there is no way I could defeat and catch a level 50 pokemon any time soon >.<
You don't understand how these work. You go to a Pokémon Center and talk to a delivery guy. He GIVES you the Lv.50 Meloetta. The thing is, it won't obey you until you have a batch of badges already (five, since as soon as it levels to Lv.51, the fourth isn't enough).

I'm not sure I understand. With a male timid abra, and a DW female with any nature... give the female the everstone? but wont the female pass down her nature 100% of the time, making all my eggs the wrong nature 100% of the time?
---
edit;
sorry just re-read what you wrote, so you mean give the male the everstone? does that work? :o
1. Find a male Abra with Timid Nature (in B2/W2, you can also do this by breeding Alakazam, acquired by trading a Hippowdon with someone in Accumula Town).
2. Hand a female DW Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam an Everstone.
3. Breed them and pray for Magic Guard.

If you prefer...

1. Find a Ditto with Timid nature.
2. Give Ditto the Everstone to pass down the nature to a Male Abra by breeding it with any Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam.
3. Move the Everstone to the female DW Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam.
4. Breed the pair and pray for Magic Guard.

Something like that.

Cyclone

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Give the male Abra the Everstone. Any parent holding the Everstone has a 100% chance of passing down its nature.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
OMG as I was typing and hatching eggs, I GOT IT :)

Name: Abra
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Timid
---
Now to start breeding HP(fire) :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
OMG as I was typing and hatching eggs, I GOT IT :)

Name: Abra
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Timid
---
Now to start breeding HP(fire) :)
Congrats. :)

Starting to get the hang of it? ;)

Cyclone

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years

Just a heads up, you automatically get gifted the Meloetta as long as you have an open slot in your party. You don't need to catch it, so feel free to go get it right now ^.^

Years
They are among some of the Pokemon that can only be obtained with the Poke Transfer, which requires a second DS and a 4th Generation game (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver).

A complete list of Pokemon that can only be obtained via Poke Transfer is found here.

I've never used PokeTransfer so I'll have to look into it more. I haven't gotten very far in P/D/Pt, haven't beaten Red in SoulSilver, so I'm not sure what I'd transfer. Any way about it I have one DS to work with.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've never used PokeTransfer so I'll have to look into it more. I haven't gotten very far in P/D/Pt, haven't beaten Red in SoulSilver, so I'm not sure what I'd transfer. Any way about it I have one DS to work with.

Your only real option is to find a friend to help, get another DS, or use our trade forums to trade them to someone, get them to transfer and trade them back.

Years

Just a heads up, you automatically get gifted the Meloetta as long as you have an open slot in your party. You don't need to catch it, so feel free to go get it right now ^.^

I didn't have an open slot in my party & I received mine. I got a message thing that told me to pick mine up at a PokeCenter & the PokeCenter I went to had a different/new guy standing near the door & I talked to him & got it.

Years
Your only real option is to find a friend to help, get another DS, or use our trade forums to trade them to someone, get them to transfer and trade them back.

Yeah I keep saying one of these days I'm gonna nab my boyfriend's little brothers' DS for a while to trade Pokemon & I've just never done it. I don't know that I have a Pikachu anywhere, I might. But I know I don't have anything such as Mew, might have a couple other legendaries or rare Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back