• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Snap

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I just started playing this game again the other day after having bought it at my local used game shop. I breezed right through it but it does have replayability with taking the challenge of beating the high scores.

Does anybody else like this game? I remember being so excited when I first got it as a kid lol.

Surfing Pikachu ftw <3

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Best spin-off game. Ever.

I want a remake for Wii, and a Wii camera accessory that you point at the screen and there's a little circle for aim. You then click the button and it'll take a picture lol

Would be so awesome *_*

Reactions: #18

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I distinctly recall how pathetic I was with this game when I got it. I didn't have any idea of how to take photos, I didn't know what any of the Pokemon were, and I hated the appearance of the photographer.

In my defence, I was the tender age of three.

I actually wouldn't mind a remake of this game, as I never really did get to experience it fully and I'd love to see how the developers integrate hundreds more Pokemon!

Reactions: #18

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I think I ate up how it seemingly felt tied in to the anime back then. Now I know better, but Snap is still a pretty cool game. I guess. I mean, I haven't played it in years so I'm basing this purely on memory, but it's one of the few games I'd actually like to see a sequel for.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
This game annoyed me at first when I bought it but it grew on me. I haven't played it in a long time but I do have good memories of it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
This game was the entire reason I bought a N64. I spent so many hours just taking pictures of Pokemon, trying to get better with every one. The stage that sticks out the most in my mind is the one where Todd's floating down a river in a mountain canyon(?) and there are Squirtle near the beginning of the stage.

I'd love a remake. It would be great to replay it all over again in some new way.

Years
Snap was by far my favorite spin off game and will probably forever hold that title. Taking pictures of Pokemon has never been so fun, especially with graphics that were really great at the time. My friend and I spent many hours taking photos and finding the funniest shots, then comparing them.

I miss this game so much. u~U

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
I just recently bought this at a garage sale for like $10. Great investment.

I remember playing as a kid and getting those little blockbuster cards that allowed you to print pictures as stickers. That was the coolest thing ever! Nostalgia!

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I love Pokemon Snap!! I still have my original copy of the game XD

The only downfall for a game like that was it was finished way too early, with only about 62 of the original 151 pokes in it. It needs an update, preferably with all the Pokemon to date in it. In fact, maybe if they waited they could use the X and Y Pokemon and release it on the 3DS and make use of the camera function - wouldn't a game that uses the gyroscope (?) functionality of the 3DS be awesome?! :D

Years
I've just been reading about Pokemon Snap and wishing for a sequel. I remember when I got the first Pokemon movie on video, it had an advert with pretty much every Pokemon game out at the time (Puzzle League, Yellow etc.) and Snap looked like the coolest thing ever. I only eventually got to play it many years later when they put it on the Wii store, but it was just as fun as I expected it to be.

I can't believe it hasn't had a sequel to be honest, especially when you consider some of the crappy spin-offs that have got sequels. *cough*PokemonRanger*cough*

I think Pokemon models look brilliant in home console games (e.g. Battle Revolution) and it would be a major attraction to the Wii U to release a sequel.

On a side note..
Spoiler:

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
i remember when i borrowed this game from my local video store, i got to the swamp level and seeing the cocoon thing hanging from the top of the overhanging and threw an apple at it, and it came down and i seen it was a medapod, i thought it was the coolest game hahaha.

CliCliW

Years
i got to the swamp level and seeing the cocoon thing hanging from the top of the overhanging and threw an apple at it, and it came down and i seen it was a medapod, i thought it was the coolest game hahaha.

I always loved how they incorporated the natural habitats and how we'd imagine their behaviour to be - like the Goldeens in the Canyon level! and the Meowths and Pidgeys in the first stage!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I have this game, just don't know where it is but it might be at my dad's house. It's been several years since I last played it, like 2005 or before or so. Wish I knew exactly where it was.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
Everyone I talk to, outside of this forum and fandom I mean, seems to hate Pokemon Snap. I for one thought it was bloody fantastic, but, reassure me. It IS a good game, isn't it? Like, objectively, for the most part. From what I recall, it was great.

CliCliW

Years
Everyone I talk to, outside of this forum and fandom I mean, seems to hate Pokemon Snap. I for one thought it was bloody fantastic, but, reassure me. It IS a good game, isn't it? Like, objectively, for the most part. From what I recall, it was great.

I think it was a thing that gameplay wise it is ridiculously short (I mean, there was a meager 60-something out of 150 Pokemon included in it), and it can be irritating trying To get some of them. But I liked it :-) I did like how it was Snap/Todd from the anime -it was like playing with a character other than Ash! It wasn't perfect but it was pretty darn good for its time!

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
They really need to make another one like this, with more levels, more Pokemon, and more in game stuff. I felt it was kind of short, but it was with the only first generation so what can you expect? With all the Pokemon we have these days and different personalities, they could make so many adventures to snap pictures of legendary Pokemon.

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
I'm so glad there is a thread about this. Pokemon Snap was really a life changing game.

I remember it was one of the first games I got with my N64 Along with Hey You Pikachu! & Super Smash Bros. <<< BOTH AWESOME GAMES I MIGHT ADD.

Anyway.. This game was really revolutionary at the time for me. Being like 5, or 6 and experimenting for the first time with a home console, I got to explore all the different habitats of Pokemon, and I could capture the way they lived, and the silly things they did while they were out walking around.

I wonder a lot because in this day & age I'm a professional photographer, and I often think back to my roots on how my love for photography really started. I thought it was in 2007 when I got my first camera phone, and I couldn't keep myself from snapping pictures of everything around me. However, I think it stems back a lot further to the mid/late 90's playing this game.

Pokemon Snap was great because the Pokemon were filled with expression, and you had the freedom to capture them the way you wanted. I think a remake of this game for the Wii would make me go out and buy a new console.

///////////////////////////// MOMENTS OF NOSTALGIA /////////////////////////////​

Anyone remember any of these moments?

1. The beach level where you could throw the apples, and stop your cart from moving up the tracks, and the Pikachu would grab them then hop on the surf board + points if you got that ill shot.

2. Further on in that beach level when you're going through the tall grass, and provoke the Scyther to fly out. It all happens so quick, but it's a great shot if you manage to catch it.

3. The volcano level with the Vulpix & Charmander. It beats me where they came from, but somehow I remember having at least 30+ of them running around my cart crying their names, and getting hit in the head with my thrown apples. GREAT MEMORY.

4. Later in the Volcano level I remember throwing an apple at Charmeleon, and when he would fall in the lava he would turn into Charizard, and use Flamethrower then pose for a really bad-ass picture.

5. On the river level when you go down the waterfall, and open the cave level. That was some crazy ishh.. I remember the Jynx's dancing around their little ice formation, and Articuno flying around overhead. It probably took me about 50 tries to get a good shot of Articuno.

6. The rainbow level where you have to break Mew's aura, and get that stunning shot of Mew. It was such a pain in the ass to do it, but when you completed the game everything just felt so right.

7. Who doesn't love Professor Elm's voice? The fact that he (the game) would pick out your best photos, judge, and critique them was awesome.

BRING BACK POKEMON SNAP.

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
I loved playing pokemon snap short fun I 100% it in 2 days about a year ago and I always considered it fun but not the best spin-off and nuke pokemon ranger why?

Back