• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
looks great so far my only question is that a lot of the pokemon in the game can only be obtained by trade am i gonna be able to get those pokemon in this game?

Atomic Reactor

Yup! One of the goals of mine, is that any pokemon in the game, will be obtainable without a need for another person.
All pokemon who currently evolve via trading. Will now instead be evolving by using the new item called the "Evolution Stone" just a rare stone like that of the moon stone or dusk stone :)
And all legendaries will have special events, and other pokemon will also have events :)

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
Been reading through this thread and looking at your game stuff, i think it looks absolutely fantastic =] gen 3 is my least favourite gen and not a massive fan of the style but i love the way you've changed it and made it your own, can't wait to play it =]

Atomic Reactor

Here's a couple shots for tonight.
20.png

The battle with Nidorino is completely optional. So yeah haha, no need to try and catch/beat it :)

Atomic Reactor

Nobody cares about Nidorino!? What a shame... it's one of my favorites :[
Here's just part of the summary screen and a battle with a Scout :3

21.png

Ughh I hate double posting... why does no one post in the Game Development section anymore :[

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
I'm really liking this project. Good luck to you. And I really dig the battlebacks. Wish I could find a sprite artist to make me mine. xP

Atomic Reactor

omg 3 posts in one day :O I must be dreaming lol.

Nope, they'll all be kids. Especially since there won't all that many to battle in the game.
I mean... unless you want me to make adult ones lol. But scouts are usually younger kids.

Thanks for the comments guys :) It keeps me motivated lol

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Hey Atomic! Finally posting on here.

I've already commented on all of the graphics on DA, so I'll just comment on the story here.

The first part seems pretty standard, but I'm sure you'll expand on it. The alternative universe idea sounds cool, will you be transported there? Having a tournament instead of the elite four also sounds good.

Overall really good, so keep it up and make sure you finish it ;)

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
omg 3 posts in one day :O I must be dreaming lol.

Nope, they'll all be kids. Especially since there won't all that many to battle in the game.
I mean... unless you want me to make adult ones lol. But scouts are usually younger kids.

Thanks for the comments guys :) It keeps me motivated lol

I think ProdigyX means like a scout-leader.
And I really think that would make sense. Just a lot of kids alone in the woods, wouldn't really be fun for them, would it?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
Dude, really great game.
Right now I'm making a game and yours is Great inspiration

Atomic Reactor

@Peeky Chew: Haha thanks man, and yeah, i wish i could give out more on the story... but then what's the point on playing it, right?

@tImE: Ha! That makes sense! Then yes, I'm 23 steps ahead of you guys :D
22.png

@dannyboy601: Aww thanks! That makes me feel good haha. Hope your game does well!

Just the Pokemon summary screen, and a random stranger in the woods!
24.png

Credits to tImE for the fakemon icons :3
(and minorthreat for the scripting of all the interfaces)

Last edited:
Years
Ahh the feel of this game<3 and ncie screenies haha and i guess there are camp leaders, it would be quite different if one of them would be the 1st gym leader :D hehe

Atomic Reactor

I already have the first gym leader ready haha.
Which by the way, once i get my pokedex fixed, get the new cries for the fakemon, and finish eventing Palmbreeze Town, I will be releasing the demo!
So yeah, for those of you who have been following the game, I hope you're excited to play it :D
For now, here's an update :D
25.png

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Route 3a?
Are the routes split up or something?

I like how you have a variety of trees Instead of the same one. Makes everything looks more organic.

Atomic Reactor

Yup! Each route is split up into sections, that way when I map the big routes that take up more than one square on the world map, i can label them appropriately :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back