• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Type Combinations Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Grass/ Ghost plz. I think it'd be so cool. c':
Livewire said it, a Jack-O-Lantern would be so awesome, AND ADORABLE. <3

Electric/Poison I really want. <3 That'd be epic to have. Yes is 4x to Ground, BUT IT JUST SOUNDS COOL.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
I'm going to say these

Normal/Ghost (Immunity to it's own STABs and the Ghost/Fighting combo)
Ghost/Fighting (Perfect STAB coverage)
Grass/Fire (I go on Smogon a lot.)
Fighting/Flying (I mean, A LOT.)
Water/Fire (I think this would be interesting.)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My list:

Grass/Ghost
Fire/Water
Psychic/Dark
Ghost/Steel
Grass/Fire
Fighting/Flying
Normal/Ghost
Water/Ground w/ Sap Sipper
Rock/Steel w/ Levitate
Bug/Dark
Ice/Fire

Years
I want to see these things:

Ele/Gra (eff you Rotom I mean a REAL Pokemon)
Nor/Gho (hello guys this is epic)
Dra/Bug (Yanma DARES call itself dragonfly... ugh)
Roc/Ele (and it will evolve with THUNDERSTONE lolololol)
Psy/Ice (back off Jynx we totally own that)
Ice/Fig (dunno why but I just want this)
Dar/Bug (Ninjask y u no ninja y u just fly)

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'd love to see a Fire and Ice pokémon. Just because. Also would like to see Ghost and Fighting :) Those would be interesting :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My body is ready for Fire/Water, Fire/Ice, Fire/Grass, and Fire/Electric (one that isn't a forme!).

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Of course we need a fight flying pokemon, actually y megabird might just be fight jot dark.

Sirfetch’d

I want a grass/fire so bad. It could have a massive sp.Atk and decent defenses, but its speed would likely be low. I just think that typing would be cool!

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
grass ghost = dead tree

fire steel = just epic

dark dragon = something better than that brainless hydra muppet.

ice steel = ... ya know what everythign with steel and dark and fire.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I've been hoping for an electric/dragon type Pokemon for ages as I always like building dragon/dragon-like Pokemon teams and finding room for electric moves in my arsenal is a pain and electric is one of my favorite types aside from dragons.

I like some of the other ideas previously mentioned as well.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Have a few ideas I've been thinking about:

We have Arbok (defined by hood) and seviper (defined by large fangs). I propose, a big rattlesnake! Could be rock/poison, since many rattlesnakes live in very rocky places. Yes, I know ekans has a rattle, but it's an un-evolved pokemon, with no real emphasis on the fact that it's a rattlesnake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd be interested in seeing a poison-dragon

It'd be quite... weak though. Neither of its STABs would be able to take on steel types like Ferrothorn etc. Could work in NU though, maybe...? But it'd be terribly weak. :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Have a few ideas I've been thinking about:

We have Arbok (defined by hood) and seviper (defined by large fangs). I propose, a big rattlesnake! Could be rock/poison, since many rattlesnakes live in very rocky places. Yes, I know ekans has a rattle, but it's an un-evolved pokemon, with no real emphasis on the fact that it's a rattlesnake.

I really like this as long as it has the capability to use ground type moves.

I want a Psychic/Bug type. I'm not sure what it would be though.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I would like a Grass/Dark, hopefully we get that with Chespin!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would like a Grass/Dark, hopefully we get that with Chespin!

We already do - Cacturne and Shiftry ;)

I really like this as long as it has the capability to use ground type moves.

I want a Psychic/Bug type. I'm not sure what it would be though.

I like that as long as it has strong defences. Not sure why but I figure that'd be a nice thing lmao.

Flydro

doobz
Years
In general, I think the Electric types could use way more pokemon. Some cool electric combos I'd want to see would be Electric/Ice, /Grass, /Ghost, /Dark, /Poison, or /Fire. I really like electric types so I want to see them advance more.

Some other interesting combos I want to happen are Ice/Poison, Grass/Dragon, Fighting/Dragon and Normal/Ghost. I think the Ice type has some potential if they just expand more on the combos they already have like Ice/Psychic, /Dark, /Ground etc. Also think the Fire and Ghost types could use variety or expansion of current type combos like Fire/Ghost, /Steel, /Dark...just anything but Fire/Fighting. Bug and Psychic types could def use some love too. I hope we get more new Dragon types, but I want combos that haven't been seen yet.

Ah the possibilities, I wish I could work for the design team to help create pokemon for these type combos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back