• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Well, I know why but that should only happen if Poccil hasn't updated the Essentials Kit. I notified him of that and he sent some patch files via PM a few days ago (I think Sunday) Anyway, PM Poccil and tell him to upload the latest version of his Essentials or ask for the patch files.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
EDIT:
Nevermind haha i fixed it. I was pasting the script file in with the game open and when i oped the script edit it reverted back to the old scripts so i just had to close RMXP now it works perfectly.

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
How to add Pokegear to this kit.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Well, I have succesfully added PokeGear to the menu but I can't get it to open the script. I'll keep trying and once I get it to work I'll post a tutorial.

Poccil, don't waste your time making PokeGear! I will worry about that and add it for you because I have the scripts for it and they work.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
Poccil, Can you tell me what needs to be done to create a new item. I want to make a Key Item called "Lab Key" and then I want an NPC to give it to me when I speak to him, and it to be put into the Key Item pocket...

Pokemorpher

Pokemon Kamacite : Time warp
Years
All I can Say is awesome starter kit man! I've seen over 10 different starter kits but this 1 wins the trophy (If there was a trophy :().

But any way the kit works but when I talk to the lady that gives me the pokemon I get this error

h t t p : / / i m g 0 3 . p i c o o d l e . com / i m g / i m g
0 3 / 9 / 9 / 1 4 / f _ E r r o r m _ 4 4 e 0 f 3 1 . p n g

Just take away the spaces. I can't post URLS yet.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Incidentally, How do I edit that spiel that Prof Oak says? I'd like to make it more suited to my game.

that's simple, go to the map that says "Intro", then, in the upper left hand corner, click on the event, and edit away.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Poccil, Can you tell me what needs to be done to create a new item. I want to make a Key Item called "Lab Key" and then I want an NPC to give it to me when I speak to him, and it to be put into the Key Item pocket...

I am trying to create a mechanism that allows custom items as well as the standard ones.

As for battle animations, no, I don't plan to create custom animations; however a separate project of mine is an animation editor designed especially for Pokemon battle animations: see

http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/animeditor/

Last edited:

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Alright, i'm a bit new to this and a bit lazy.
How do I actually edit the maps? >_<.
Do I have to find it seperatly or is in your pack.
Thanks.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
What script do I use so that I am given a set Pokemon rather then the six.

I want a choice to be given Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The demo uses the function pbCreatePokemon, found in the script section --PB2-- (now called PBUtilities.)

It is defined like this:

Code:
 def pbCreatePokemon
  party=[3,6,9,12,15,18] # Species IDs of the Pokemon to be created
  for i in 0...party.length
    species=party[i]
    # Generate Pokemon with species and level 20
    $Trainer.party[i]=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(species,20,$Trainer)
    $Trainer.seen[species]=true # Set this species to seen and owned
    $Trainer.owned[species]=true
   end
 end

This function, not defined in the latest release, can make it easier to add Pokemon to a party:

Code:
def pbAddPokemon(species,level)
  if $Trainer.party.length==6 && $PokemonStorage.full?
   Kernel.pbDisplayMessage("There's no more room for Pokemon!\1")
   Kernel.pbDisplayMessage("The Pokemon Boxes are full and can't accept any more!")
   return false
  end
  speciesname=PBSpecies.getName(species)
  Kernel.pbDisplayMessage("#{$Trainer.name} obtained #{speciesname}!\1")
  pokemon=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(species,level,$Trainer)  
  $Trainer.seen[species]=true
  $Trainer.owned[species]=true
  if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage("Would you like to give a nickname to #{speciesname}?")
   helptext="#{speciesname}'s nickname?"
   newname=pbEnterText(helptext,0,10)
   pokemon.name=newname if newname!=""
  end
  if $Trainer.party.length<6
   $Trainer.party[$Trainer.party.length]=pokemon
  else
   oldcurbox=$PokemonStorage.currentBox
   storedbox=$PokemonStorage.pbStoreCaught(pokemon)
   curboxname=$PokemonStorage[oldcurbox].name
   boxname=$PokemonStorage[storedbox].name
   if storedbox!=oldcurbox
    Kernel.pbDisplayMessage("Box \"#{curboxname}\" on someone's PC was full.\1")
    Kernel.pbDisplayMessage("#{pokemon.name} was transferred to box \"#{boxname}.\"")
   else
    Kernel.pbDisplayMessage("#{pokemon.name} was transferred to someone's PC.\1")
    Kernel.pbDisplayMessage("It was stored in box \"#{boxname}.\"")
   end
  end
  return true
end

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
im using this in my game, and i was wondering, is there anyway that with the next release you can make the messages (like ingame text) have a box like the advance generation, while keeping the menu, as the skin chosen in the options menu.

thanks this is awsome.

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
Years
Trainers problem resolved! now the prob is that when i press x to open the menu it opens but you can keep walking with it opened!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I have released a new version of Pokemon Essentials. Some of the new features include:
A Pokedex screen, a Pokemon Mart screen, evolution support, a finished summary screen,
as well as the Name Rater and Move Deleter. Also I have added a method to add custom
items to the game.

The problems with walking while the menu is open, as well as an EXP gain bug,
have already been resolved in a previous release and are still resolved in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back