• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y Pokedex

Altix

Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark
Years
Could mew appear in this game?

This game is probably has something to do with DNA. Mew has all pokemon DNA in it right? So could mew be in this game possibly? Could ditto be in the games story to?

Altix

Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark
Years
In the announcement video it showed pokemon from other generations, so it is possible that there are other legendary pokemon in the story.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
no mew wont show up as a side quest because its always been an event Pokemon and it will always remain like that

Maybe through a Mystery Gift Side Quest though

droomph

weeb
Years
In the announcement video it showed pokemon from other generations, so it is possible that there are other legendary pokemon in the story.
However, in the 4th Generation, even though there were Pokémon from the previous generations, there wasn't a single story based on the previous-generation legendaries.

no mew wont show up as a side quest because its always been an event Pokemon and it will always remain like that

Maybe through a Mystery Gift Side Quest though
side quest, mystery side quest, both what I was talking about.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Could mew appear in this game?

No way during the story, unless they finally make a mewthree cause then it would fit. But, because it's a 6th gen game, you wouldn't be able to catch/battle it until after the story because mew is a 1st gen pokemon. Most likely not, however. Sorry.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Merged the thread about Mew and Ditto maybe being in the games with this thread as it's all about speculating on what will be in the game's Dex.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I'm guessing we'll get at least 100 Pokemon (as per usual), but no more than 150. And seeing how there'll be Pokemon from other regions once again, there'll probably be no more than 150 of them or so, meaning the regional Dex could get up to about 300 Pokemon like in BW2. Just some speculation, though.

As for what old Pokemon could appear, I'd hope that they'd try not to have practically the same Pokemon they added to the regional Dex in BW2. It'd be especially nice to have ones that haven't shown up in any of the regional Dexes other than the one in the region the debuted in.

Last edited:

Naxyr

Pronounced Nazear...
Years
Every even Generation pretty much has a lot of new evolutions to originally released Pokemon, so my guess is that the new Pokemon count excluding evolutions to older ones could be around 70-90, with another 30-40 or so new Pokemon being Pre-evos or new evos, so I highly doubt will break the 800 line. In total, the new Pokemon amount could be from 100-130.

However, this isn't the amount of Pokemon I believe will be in the Pokedex. Considering the 649 already released Pokemon, the Gen VI regional Pokedex will probably be around 200 as usual based on Daimond, Pearl, HeartGold, and SoulSilver before game completion, unless they pull a B2W2 Pokedex and completely mess up my info.

What I'd like to see is what Pokemon from older Gens will be recieving evolutions, or even pre-evos. We all know that there will be at least 2 new Eeveelutions (hoping for a good ghost type), but I'd like to see Absol have an evo and pre-evo, at least from what I think based on it's BST (495). Maybe expanding some other evolutionary lines like Ralts to help with variety, and maybe give a legendary a pre-evo like manaphy (or even an evolution. 0.0)

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I think Skarmory desurves a better moveset of flying type moves and an evolution/pre-evolution

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think Skarmory desurves a better moveset of flying type moves and an evolution/pre-evolution

Oh so you'd like to see Skamory in the PokeDex? I think I'd be okay with that in the PokeDex, if it does include past Pokemon which I'm hoping not. :( But still, I think Skarmory could use more attention, and it might be suited to the region given there's a rocky/steel-looking area from the video at least.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
From what I hear the number is gonna increase to over 700 and there's at least 50 new. Though to me, 50 seems pretty small. It would be the starters, their evolutions, a few normal Pokemon including the generic bird line and the two-stage generic rat, and that's it.To me, it would just feel odd having such a small amount of new creatures cause I like having a wide range of new Pokemon. So I'm hoping for at least 80-100 new Pokemon and the rest would be older Pokemon which I get we could have at lest 200 total in the regional Pokedex with new and old combined.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
From what I hear the number is gonna increase to over 700 and there's at least 50 new. Though to me, 50 seems pretty small. It would be the starters, their evolutions, a few normal Pokemon including the generic bird line and the two-stage generic rat, and that's it.To me, it would just feel odd having such a small amount of new creatures cause I like having a wide range of new Pokemon. So I'm hoping for at least 80-100 new Pokemon and the rest would be older Pokemon which I get we could have at lest 200 total in the regional Pokedex with new and old combined.

They didn't say it'd be 50. It can be anywhere from 700 - 800, which means up to around 130 or so.

Guy

just a guy
Years
All that seems to be confirmed is there will now be over 700 Pokémon in total. Where it'll stop, nobody knows. I'm not sure if we'll cross the 800 mark this generation though. That would require 151 new Pokémon just to reach 800, and unless it's like Black and White, then I'm doubtful we'll reach 800 just yet.

Oh so you'd like to see Skamory in the PokeDex? I think I'd be okay with that in the PokeDex, if it does include past Pokemon which I'm hoping not. :( But still, I think Skarmory could use more attention, and it might be suited to the region given there's a rocky/steel-looking area from the video at least.
I'd actually very much like to see some older Pokémon made available before the National Dex is obtained. I wasn't a big fan on Black and White omitting them out until later. It'll give the possibility for some old Pokémon needing some new evolutions or pre-evolutions, which I think quite a handful or so could use, especially to catch up to some of the newer Pokémon who's stats are stronger.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The "its gonna be over 700" info is 100% useless.

No single person ever expected less than 51 new pokemon. wtf.

Years
Hmm, here's a tricky one.

I liked Black and White. They were reboots of the series- GameFreak took the opportunity to screw around with some 'traditional' things that fans weren't expecting to change, but these changes were welcome. One of these changes was the whole "There's no old Pokemon in this regional Pokedex" dealio. That was cool, but it got a little old- I know at least I wanted to see some of the older Pokemon in the game at an earlier stage.

Black 2 and White 2 rectified this, big time, adding about.. what was it? 144 older Pokemon to the regional dex? I think that's right. Anyway, that was awesome, a great mix of old and new Pokemon before the Elite 4, that was great.

However, I'm not anticipating a regional dex of the same size as Black 2 and White 2. The only reason it was so large was to show that, in the years that passed since Black and White, some Pokemon migrated bit by bit across the region. That, and if B2W2's regional dex consisted solely of Unova Pokemon once again, do you really think people would've been interested in it?

For X and Y, I think a regional dex of about 200 would be pretty nice, like with Platinum (which had 210). I'm hoping there'll just be about 100 new Pokemon overall, because.. well, that's just what I'd like. I think it's hugely unlikely that there'll be ANOTHER 150+ new Pokemon. I think that was just part of the 'reboot' factor Black and White had. While X and Y are the first main-series games on 3DS and that's a big deal, I've a feeling we can consider them as the Gold/Silver to Black(2) and White(2), in terms of the amount of Pokemon that will be introduced and stuff.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like it if they split it up equally by region amounts, so on top of the new Pokemon from X and Y we also get 40-50 from each region making a total of 200-300 depending on how many new Pokemon are introduced.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
They didn't say it'd be 50. It can be anywhere from 700 - 800, which means up to around 130 or so.

You make a good point. For that matter , I'd like to see 100-120 new Pokemon and at least 100 older gen Pokemon in the X and Y Pokedex. That would make the Regional Pokedex around 200-220 Pokemon so it would rough be the size of Sinnoh's Platinum Pokedex (210). \

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Old Pokemon

This thread is to discuss what Pre Generation VI pokemon you would like in X & Y!

Pokemon Already confirmed to be in X & Y are listed in the spoiler below:
Spoiler:

I personally would love to have Machop, Machoke and Machamp back because Machoke is #1 on my all time favorites list. It also occurred to me, watching the trailer again, that there are quite a few gen V pokemon.

Discuss.

Back