• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting Social (again)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
It's been what feels like years since I lurked around on these forums. I kinda fell out of Pokemon around the time Black/White 2 came out - just wasn't feeling it, for whatever reason. But for Gen 6, I decided to come back and I love everything about this new game.

The variety in the Pokemon you encounter through the game, the subtle tools and NPCs that really only benefit those of us who spend days breeding the perfect battling team, Super Training (all glory to goomy)...

But I finally got around to just beating the game. Sadly, it was as easy as pretty much everything after 3rd Gen has been. Most of my team lasted me until the end of the game - Froakie, Scatterbug, Pikachu and Riolu all persisted from the first gym to the champion. Over the course of the game, the other two spots were occupied with the likes of Talonflame, Kirlia and Snorlax before finally settling on Tyrantrum and Yveltal (Timid and EV trained, it destroys everything). With everyone floating around Lv. 70, I was disappointed when everyone in the Elite Four and the Champion was taken out with OHKOs. I wanted a real battle.

But anyways, now that that's done and I have access to Battle Maison, Friend Safari, PokeRadar, etc... it's time for me to get back into battling, trading, breeding, etc and that means it's time for me to get social again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Lurking for years, wow! It literally didn't took long for me to lurk around here before I signed up, because i knew immediately that this was the community I wanted to be a part of. & yeah, Gen 6 is the generation that changed everything in a good way, apparently shinies are easily found nowadays...as well as EV training is a lot easier and manageable now. What I really like about it as well is the diversity of Pokemon that can be found in the game. Really amazing isn't it?

Well anyways, wonderful to see you here, Fayble! I'm Megan. Agh, that exp. share that levels up every single Pokemon in your team after battle. It makes your Pokemon super powerful and sweeps everyone out of your way. xD It can be turned off, I think! Glad you're enjoying the game, we have a great XY section for you to become part of, where you can share your friend code with others, as well as discuss about the game in-depth. Also, we have a trading and a battling section where you can get some trades done, or challenge others for battle. PC is a great hub for meeting new pokefriends, and you just took the first steps to do just that!

Very nice to meet you, and I hope you do indeed stick around! Ask any questions you may have if you ever get lost, and see ya aroooound!~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
Lurking for years, wow! It literally didn't took long for me to lurk around here before I signed up, because i knew immediately that this was the community I wanted to be a part of. & yeah, Gen 6 is the generation that changed everything in a good way, apparently shinies are easily found nowadays...as well as EV training is a lot easier and manageable now. What I really like about it as well is the diversity of Pokemon that can be found in the game. Really amazing isn't it?
Oh, I was a member previously, I believe. I didn't post much, though.

And I'd have to agree that Shinies are easier to find. I've never found a shiny (since Gen 2) until yesterday. And it might have only been a Durant but doesn't matter, got shiny.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
then welcome back i guess :)

post-game may not be the best there is but you'll enjoy XY even more through this forum.. its got enough people to get you hooked into the game and for me its fun that way rather than playing alone by myself :)

"No man is an island" as the saying goes :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
post-game may not be the best there is but you'll enjoy XY even more through this forum..
How so, about that post-game bit?

The last Pokemon game I actually beat was HeartGold.
As far as I know, the only good 'post-game' things in XY are really just the Battle Maison and the Friend Safari. Which, to be honest, is all I cared about. I never liked any of the mini-games they've tried... I'm not even a fan of the Pokemon-Amie thing, except for how stupidly good it is to max them out.

"Yveltal woke up so you wouldn't worry!"

PokeAmie OP.

Years
I agree, to be honest. ;( The new Exp. Share made things even easier but I decided to have mine off since it just didn't feel right to keep it on and have my entire team overlevel without any effort. I do hope we'll get a harder Pokemon game eventually.. as far as difficulty went, I think Yellow and Black/White 2 were one of the harder games I've played.

But before I ramble on too much I'll say welcome to you, Fayble! You have such a gorgeous username and avatar. <3 The friend safari is a really great feature and many of our members are looking for more 3DS friends to add to utilize it to its fullest so if you're looking for someone to add, check out the FC Sharing thread in our X & Y board. My safari is ground which.. isn't my favorite type, but hey, at least I have Wooper, haha.

Have an amazing time here Fay! Let me know if you need help along the way!

Back