• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your opinion on classical music?

Blaze42

The Spirit of Chaos
Years
Well, since a rap thread recently popped up, I thought "Why not make a thread for my favorite genre of music!" So I did. And I'd like to know: What is your opinion on classical music? If you're a fan, who's your musician/composer?

Years
I'm not really a fan of classical music. That being said I can quite easily appreciate a good piece of music. The march-like ridiculous up-beat classical stuff is just terrible but some of the work that Dvorak, Beethoven, Mozart and Bach have (the more beautiful/complex/chilling ones) I quite enjoy if they pop up somewhere.

Once classical musician I really do enjoy listening to though is David Garret (I have a thing for violin music). He not only does classical music but often combines classical with modern styles of music or does a violin cover of a popular song (his versions of Smooth Criminal and Ain't no Sunshine are some of the best things I have heard come from a violin).

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Classical music is my go-to music when I'm high and looking for inspiration. The soaring sounds and dramatic tone of it all is really quite invigorating. My personal fav is Beethoven (cliched I know) and a little Bach.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Not really a fan of classical music. It's just boring to me :l

Years
I don't listen to classical very much day-to-day, but when I get the itch to listen to some I really like it and spend at least a couple hours straight playing it.

I don't know much about it and I can't usually remember names of what I hear, but I like the ones that create a kind of atmosphere. Some classical music is very quick and changes all over the place and is kind of schizophrenic (and is probably technically very impressive) but that's not really appealing to me. I like the kind that you might conceivably hear in a movie.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm not really a fan of classical music, so I don't know much composers. I listen to classical music when I'm writing stories, like my inspiration. Besides that, I'm okay with it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Classical music is the best, most complex music that mankind will ever play. Not one genre can match up with classical music. Of course, preference is one thing, but complexity is another. It takes a lot of knowledge and skill to be able to play and understand classical. I love listening to it, and I love trying to play it on my guitar xD

My favorite composer is Paganini.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Classical music is the best, most complex music that mankind will ever play. Not one genre can match up with classical music. Of course, preference is one thing, but complexity is another. It takes a lot of knowledge and skill to be able to play and understand classical. I love listening to it, and I love trying to play it on my guitar xD
Coming from another metalhead \m/

Hm, classical music... I'd like to say I'm a fan, but I honestly have never gotten around to listening to it. I mean, I always have all of my personally preferred bands playing on my iPod, that I don't have the time to listen to any classical. I do appreciate its existence and would love to begin listening to it.

But, as a serious guitarist (and a big fan of Randy Rhoads!) I can say that I really value classical music. It's extremely worth praising: the fact that a single person composed an entire masterpiece, for each and every instrument, and made it flow beautifully... it's awesome. I do study classical music (as well as play the French horn), so I tend to incorporate similar riffs and arpeggios and whatnot into my guitar playing, but I wouldn't be spot-on to the feel as I'm not an avid listener.

Eventually I'll get to it... xD;

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Classical music is something I grew up listening to - Fantasia is and will likely remain my favourite Disney film of all time, and I've seen pretty much every single episode of Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes, which features famous classical pieces - then rediscovered when I was old enough to appreciate it. When I got my first laptop I had a rush to discover all my childhood favourites, which led to the discovery of more, and it's arguably my favourite genre of music (I like a little symphonic metal or death metal now and then, as well as the 80s rock/pop mother made me listen to) right now.

Favourite composer...probably Tchaikovsky; as I said, I grew up with Fantasia, and I am extremely fond of the Nutcracker Suite and Swan Lake...I do not, however, like the 1812 Overture. I'm also very fond of Schubert; he composed some truly fantastic symphonies, which I find to be more relaxing than the likes of Chopin (who is hit and miss with me) and Beethoven.

Thanks to my friends in College, I've also had a little exposure to opera, and I've developed quite a taste for that as well. I've not been to see an opera in years, though...unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Up until middle school, classical music was the only genre of music I actually considered music.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Love it. To me instrumental or classical music is so pure. I listen to it every day. Although modern composers tend to be my favourite, such as Ludivico Einaudi and some work from Two Steps from Hell. Although they're more instrumental than classical.

Years
Like Gavin, I listen to Two Steps from Hell regularly, and sometimes I listen to orchestral vgm (N's Castle stands out as one). But yeah, I don't mind classial music but I tend to prefer fast, dramatic styled music over long, slow ones.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm a big Chopin fan, but that's because I'm a sucker for anything with a piano in it: he just happens to get the best stuff out of a grand piano that I've ever heard. Fantasies, Baccaroles, Ballades, all those musical buzzwords. Love 'em all.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I like it. I don't have a favorite composer but I follow a youtube channel named "smalin". It's Stephen Malinowski's channel. He does videos with music animation machine. I also find them interesting to watch.

Years
To be honest, I hate classical music cos every time I listen to it I end up falling asleep and that's not good for someone who listens to music for a living like me.

Classical is actually tied with country for my least fave genre of music, which explains that.

IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING!

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I don't usually listen to classical music, but I wouldn't refuse listening to it if I had to. I have some kind of appreciation for this sort of music. I imagine myself in the future sitting on a comfortable couch, surrounded by tons of books, next to a fireplace and listening to classical music.

At this moment, there's one classical song that I totally love and that song is Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. Aside from that song, I barely like others.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I can't listen to classical music without wanting to switch it off. If forced too listen to it I'll just leave the room. I have against people who like this type of music it's just not to my taste.

Gabri

m8
Years
Classical music is the most beautiful and complex that will ever be written by the human race. Everything has to be perfect in classical music, all the sounds coming from all the instruments have to fit, and both the composers and performers need lots of skill, feeling and musical theory understanding to write and play it. I'm not an avid listener, but I enjoy this kind of music once in a while. Mainly Beethoven.

Back