• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
As Le Pug said, that is only a basic event compared to others that are implemented and are going to be implemented. The graphics and events this hack is going to have is going to be great

However, we aren't lacking in the story department. I will not spoil much but Team Renegade has a deep story in the hack, each area has a very detailed story to it, especially Berry City, some tie ins to the official pokemon games and so much more.

Indeed an amazing story awaits! Berry City will probably be my favorite place just because of its storyline :P

Hiyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee always get excited talking about the future stuff. Then I open up A-Map and deal with pesky numbers -.-

As you can tell from the video, those graphics are default graphics with some modified tiles. This is because that was when I was first getting used to hacking and since then have gotten better so all the tilesets after the ship are a lot better and personally I see nothing wrong with the ship graphics so I kept them.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
In my hack, Peacemaker Town contain a warzone memorial and I made the following reference!
-----
PokemonNormal_193_zpsbbed40c0.png

-----
By the time my next beta come out, this lab guy in my game will be playing your beta!
Gotta love that shipwreck scene! It gives me a nice rpg feeling!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Indeed an amazing story awaits! Berry City will probably be my favorite place just because of its storyline :P
I'm not going to spoil that much about Berry City, but like Le Pug says, it has probably one of the most unique stories to be in a rom hack city. It is very interesting on the outside and on the inside. ;)

In my hack, Peacemaker Town contain a warzone memorial and I made the following reference!
-----

-----
By the time my next beta come out, this lab guy in my game will be playing your beta!
I love it! I've played your hack before it is quite good so far. You sir, just gave me another reason to be excited for the next beta of your hack! I really appreciate it and I'm 100% positive that when Le Pug sees this he will really appreciate this.

Le pug

Years
-----

-----

That's awesome! I love the shoutout and thank you for being awesome! I've played some of your hack so far and I have to say I'm very impressed with the style of your mapping. I'd go as far as to say you have probably one of the top 5 hacks out right now. Thanks again for being cool 8D

Luugia-

Beauty is my life ~
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
I like this hack. I hope downloads are out soon :D

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I just registered to praise this hack I can't wait till it comes out. Are there any eastereggs in it?
Not too sure how many eastereggs we have but we definately will have interesting sidequests and a lot of surprises. Thanks for having your first post be on this thread though, I really appreciate it.
I like this hack. I hope downloads are out soon :D
You, among a lot of others, will have to wait a little longer for the first beta. Le Pug and I are moving the hack into another Emerald rom because of a serious script error, and then we aren't just ready to release it yet. The release will come, I can't give a date on when it will come, but everyone will just have to wait a little longer.

Le pug

Years
I just registered to praise this hack I can't wait till it comes out. Are there any eastereggs in it?

There will be easter eggs later on in the game as of right now though there isn't any that I can think of. There are quite a few indirect references though to stuff like movie quotes or scenes that will throw in a little comedy here and there though.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
You, among a lot of others, will have to wait a little longer for the first beta. Le Pug and I are moving the hack into another Emerald rom because of a serious script error, and then we aren't just ready to release it yet. The release will come, I can't give a date on when it will come, but everyone will just have to wait a little longer.

Oh really? :( That's too bad. But maybe the long wait will be worth it once I play the first beta of this <3 I really am looking forward to play le hack of you two. Favor? Do your best for a faster progress :)

Le pug

Years
Oh really? :( That's too bad. But maybe the long wait will be worth it once I play the first beta of this <3 I really am looking forward to play le hack of you two. Favor? Do your best for a faster progress :)

I'm doing my best but small things keep coming up just little errors that I have to fix before progressing and not only that I work up to 72 hours a week so my free time is very limited, but I'm trying as hard as I can

Le pug

Years

Looking back at my scripts I actually found an easter egg I implemented that I can talk about. There will be a guy in the first village who talks about his love for tacos. Well later on in the hack I'll have the player randomly find a taco ... but it's up to you to remember of the taco man and give him a taco for a nice reward
tumblr_mkwp1ti9PI1rl43djo1_100.gif

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
This seems like another one of the interesting hacks I've seen! Good luck!

Back