• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Map Making Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Neo-Dragon PMed me a suggestion for the area, as this idea has been brought to mind before, we're gonna try and give it a go just to see how it turns out. So, here we have PC's first Map Making Contest. Being the first contest, I'm a little unsure as to how many participants we are going to have, so this contest is going to just be a general, un-themed contest. Should this work out and prove quite popular, monthly editions will be run with more specified themes. If not, well, we'll have to try something else to get people interested. Anyway, onto the rules:

-Rules-

• Produce a map, in any game making program, using any tileset you want.
  • You may enter a maximum of two different maps.
  • There is only one restriction on the type of map you may submit. Indoor maps/gyms etc are prohibited. Anything else is fine; towns, routes, forests, caves are all fine.
  • Maps must be your own work, no plagiarism.

-Awards-

• Bragging rights. The winning map will be displayed in the first post for all to see.
  • Should this prove successful and worthy of doing once a month, a "Contest Hall of Fame" will be created, listing the winners and their entries for all to see and for the winners to boast about.

You have until Sunday 18th March to submit all entries. After that, entries will be closed and voting will commence. Voting will last a week, until Sunday 25th March, with the winner and runners up being announced that day. Voting will be done via an anonymous poll in this thread.

And that's all I have to say now. The contest is open, lets see if we can get this to be a success. The area could use some better forms of active participation.

Either post your entries here or PM them to me, I'll then add them into the first post so they're all in the same place. Discussion is allowed here too, just keep it on topic.

--ENTRIES--
Riverdale by Don Patch
Lazy Freeway by DeM0nFiRe
Untold Legends Map by j.a
Untitled Map by Glitchfinder
Train Station Model by Ruyin
Pokemon Route/Town by Rm2k3kid
Zelda Map by Rm2k3kid
Futura City by Ruyin
Chromeshore City by Crazy Weavile
Route 301 by Crazy Weavile

Last edited:
Years
It is a good idea, but I disagree on the fact that the voting will be anonymous as this will in the end be ineffective.
It is easy for a participant to get his/her friends to vote for their entry thus defeating the purpose of choosing the best map.

I'd rather know who voted what and the reason why they did so (a valid reason, not just "because it's cool")

Years
Well, here is my entry. Please don't whine about it being an RTP map.

Also, this is a map of my game called Tales of Virtue. This is Riverdale.

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
Years
Sure I'll give it a go:

I am no longer entering this map, look further in the thread to see my new maps.

2cys008.jpg

Last edited:

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Ok then here's my map. I used a Tileset that is a combination of pokemon graphics, RTP auto tiles, And my own graphics I made:
EDIT:Map needs a name so i'll call it...Lazy Freeway

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Dawson said:
Produce a map, in any game making program, using any tileset you want.

Game makers != Map makers
Game makers > Map makers

=D

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
My map isn't all that complicated or anything but I can almost guarantee it'll be like noone elses map.('cuz noone else likes to make tilesets o.O )

Anyway I think I know who i'm votin for but since he said anomynous i prolly shudn't say who huh?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
It is a good idea, but I disagree on the fact that the voting will be anonymous as this will in the end be ineffective.
It is easy for a participant to get his/her friends to vote for their entry thus defeating the purpose of choosing the best map.

I'd rather know who voted what and the reason why they did so (a valid reason, not just "because it's cool")
Hmm, you do have a point. Although, I don't expect that many entrants for cheating to really be an issue. surely nobody is that sad. But, I shall change that rule just to avoid any problems.

The Dash said:
Can I use Hammer? (Map maker for Half Life 2) cause I'm starting to learn it and shiz.
I'd prefer you not to, since modding a PC game is a lot different to mapping in an RPG engine, so it's best to keep things fair and even.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
So Dawson, When the voting starts we PM u with our vote and reason?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Are we allowed to make comments about posted maps?

=x

强有力

Powerful
Years
Dash... if you make maps... can you send them to me in pm and tell me how to put them on my counter strike. It would be funny

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
So Dawson, When the voting starts we PM u with our vote and reason?
Nah, you'll be making your votes in the thread, with your reasoning as to why you voted for the map.
Are we allowed to make comments about posted maps?

=x
Sure, I don't see why not. As long as it's constructive, comments are always useful.

One further thing, guys. It'd be great if you could give your maps a name, making it easier to order and for people to decide which to vote for, especially if the same person enters more than one map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back