• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
If you have glitches like Team Tundra with Weezing or a Bug Maniac with Gyarados then you're probably using the wrong Fire Red ROM. You should use the 1638 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM. Use Google to find it, as it is a friend of Koolboyman.

Years
If you have glitches like Team Tundra with Weezing or a Bug Maniac with Gyarados then you're probably using the wrong Fire Red ROM. You should use the 1638 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM. Use Google to find it, as it is a friend of Koolboyman.
Um, when did I mention those bugs? :/ I'm not stupid you know (oh, and, it's 1635 you need, not 1638, so, yeah).

Anyway, here are some mistakes I found:

2lawvpx.png

2lsbczb.png
(probably should've used could'nt have, or could'nt've (looks messy, hence suggesting the first).)
20p34ft.png
(I'm standing on a rock)
2m5kkmd.png

Years
To Spherical Ice: You should use Google to find a Fire Red 1635 Squirrels ROM so those glitches don't happen. Also something weird I probably have or have not mentioned. There's a sailor in Azure City saying that the gym is one of the town's attractions even though there isn't one there.

Years
To Spherical Ice: You should use Google to find a Fire Red 1635 Squirrels ROM so those glitches don't happen. Also something weird I probably have or have not mentioned. There's a sailor in Azure City saying that the gym is one of the town's attractions even though there isn't one there.

What, so according to your first post I need 1638, in which I replied I have 1635, and now you're saying I need 1635. Also, I've already said, I'm not stupid.

Finally finished the beta, after having to use walkthrough walls to get out of Hazel Town's gym as after beating the leader, the electric wall came back. Apart from that and the other glitches, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome of Beta 2. Well done, Frostbite.

deets456

Uber Noob Wannabe Hacker
Years
I don't no why but when I go to a pokemart all the items are questions marks I'm using the rom u specified so I dont no why this is happening :s gr8 hack tho

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2010
I didn't bother to check whether this was already reported but there's an error in the game.

I couldn't post the picture due to the lack of posts I have, but the error is that you can walk through one of the shelves in Professor's lab. The first one on the right.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Although your Hack is well made and also gave me an original game-like feeling to me, there are a few glitches and some suggestions I have:

It's "What's up?", not "Whats up?".

It's "You're", not "Your".

It should be: Wow, Greenwood Town? That's a long way from here.

First of all, there is something wrong with the ground here, and in addition to that, you also made a grammar mistake.

It's "Were", not "We're".

To avoid confusion, I think that you should either Battle Girl (As far as I know, there's only one Battle Girl in this Hack, so she shouldn't be hard to find.) Yumi's name to a Japanese-like female name. I just thought of one: Yuka.

You could also try changing the little girl's name to Mya or any other unused female name.

It should be: After a hard day's work, I always Save my progress.

It should be: As you can see, Fire is the... (The rest of the sentence is grammatically correct.)

Years
Which Squirrels ROM number was it? I downloaded the 1635 Fire Red Squirrels ROM one and there was nothing wrong with it. Except for the Team Tundra Grunt blocking the way into Amethyst City, but you can get rid of him after battling Tundra Admin Royce in the Tundra Warehouse.

Years
I didn't encounter a Level 49 Weezing. It depends on the ROM you download but oddly I think you downloaded the same Squirrels ROM I did but you got glitches. But beta 2 is still fun to play no matter what. :)

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Hello, hello everybody. I've been honestly been disappointed by the Beta 2 release due to the amount of glitches everyone has been experiencing. I seem to have been at fault though. The culprit was the wrong ROM I patched the game on to (Fire Red ROMs have different versions...) Since then, I've found the original unedited ROM stored in a flashdrive I lost long ago. In short, all these current glitches will be gone in the next Beta release.

As for progress, there hasn't been much in the department of new content (ie. maps, cities, characters) but rather I've been focusing more on what I've already done and improving on it.

Updates:

Spoiler:

zak

xpert trainer
Years
amazing hack man, just finished the current beta took me like 3 hours, keep up the good work :)

Back