• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond hack: Pokémon Dusty Diamond

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
25.png
Summary
25.png

Pokémon Dusty Diamond is a 493 patch of Pokémon Diamond that I've been working on. It allows you to catch Pokémon from all four regions up to Sinnoh (As they are the only ones available in Diamond) very early in the game, and lots of trainers have had their Pokémon modified to add to this.

3.png
Pokémon Changes
3.png

I've already changed a few Pokémons movesets, types and stats, and here are a few examples:

Luxio and Luxray are now Electric\Dark.
Psyduck and Golduck are now Water\Psychic.
Blastoise is now Water\Steel.
Pinsir is now Bug\Fighting.
Blaziken, Persian, Dugtrio, Exeggutor and Magneton (as well as a few others) have had their movesets changed slightly.
Masquerain has been given a stat boost; as have Breloom, Luvdisc and Absol. I'll be doing this to some of the weaker or standalone Pokémon too.

I do have to admit, I did change a lot of the other Pokémon's types too; these are just the ones that I feel were the most justified.

160.png
Screenshots
160.png

Here are some screenshots of the game:

j13dqe.png
2dvpzrd.png
2le04dl.png
2ymylnq.png
oa3eqd.png

Sorry for not getting a variety of images uploaded; I didn't have enough time today and I'll hopefully get more up tomorrow.

257.png
Help Needed
257.png

I will be needing some help with this project, and if anyone could help, I would be extremely grateful. The things I will be needing help with are:

Changing TMs
Changing Music (I want to sprinkle in a few references from other games, like Oreburgh mine becoming Super Mario Bros.' Underworld theme, or Eterna City becoming a slower Starlight Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog if possible).
Editing maps a little.Changing the starters (tried three times and it didn't work).

Thanks for reading and here are the download links:

Version 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?ti23g24rvnrybvv

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
This seems a good start, interesting hack. Will there be Pokèmon from new generation? (V, VI).

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
This seems a good start, interesting hack. Will there be Pokèmon from new generation? (V, VI).
Thanks. I've been hacking for a while (Project Coral\Magma was a project I ran a while back), but this is my first Generation IV hack. And as much as I'd want to add more Pokémon, AmazingCharizard is right; I'll only be having 493 Pokémon available unless there will be a tool that lets me add more in the future.

Also, is there a simple way to map edit? I might change a few things and add more tall grass to certain routes so that more Pokémon are available in the Sea-only Routes and I'll probably try and find a way to make puddles house wild Pokémon like in the Gen V games.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I currently work on a GBA Pokemon hack and use AdvanceMaps. But I think there might be a tool for DS hacking too since TeamFail is working on a Diamond Hack too and he changed some maps, too.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
How about giving Rayziken some time, perfection is not achieved in 2 days, so let him work. He also has a private life, so how would you feel if everyone is buzzing you?
Thanks. I will be uploading the first beta sometime in a couple of hours, so I'll be editing the front page as soon as I can with the patch's link. Unfortunately, though, I don't think that all 493 Pokémon will be available yet, so just remember that.

P.S.: Even though this project is probably far from completion, I want to work on a Generation V hack, specifically of White 2 or Black 2.

Last edited:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Do you have problems with patching Pokemon Diamond too?

Yeah, I'm not really that experienced with the .xdelta patch, so it will probably be faulty. If anyone could tell me how to patch it correctly then I would be very grateful.

EDIT: I'll be replacing the .xdelta patch with an .ups patch now. It'll be up within a couple of minutes.

Last edited:

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Thanks for replacing the patch, but the new patch appears to be corrupt. Am I doing something wrong with the patching?

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Thanks for replacing the patch, but the new patch appears to be corrupt. Am I doing something wrong with the patching?
I can't say for sure. I'll try patching a plain Diamond ROM tomorrow, and if I don't dry by 8PM GMT, remind me.

Also, bear in mind that I'm using a PAL ROM as far as I know, so if you're using a USA ROM then that could be the problem. It could be the other way around, though, with me using the USA ROM and you using the PAL ROM.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
It's a joke feature =D It sometimes happens on PC :D
Oh, I see... When I clicked on it I laughed for a couple of minutes. XD

Also, this project may be a little bit neglected now because I want to work on a Pokémon game called Pokémon Topaz. I posted it in the Game Development sub-forum because it's at a pre-alpha stage currently; I just need a few ideas at first and then I'll start working on it as soon as possible.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Nice hack=3 I like Diamond more.than Pearl (because of Dialga) and it's a present for me=3 493 pokemon seems amazing! Where does the beta finish? Good Luck with your hack!=3

Back