• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That DID NOT Just Happen

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Have you ever had a moment like that? Where you just stare at your DS like "No. That didn't just happen. I dreamed the last ten seconds of my life." Okay, a little exagerrated, but you get the point.

For me, it would be when I was facing my friend...with certain victory ahead! He switches into his final pokemon, an Amoongus and then...a critical hit wipes out my lead pokemon. He somehow manages to poision, then crit with a giga drain EVERY time. And every time, my pokemon die and his Amoongus just kept regaining HP. The battle quickly went from 6-1 to 1-1. I ended up winning, but it was still pretty ridiculous.

Also, when I was in PokeStar studios, I was trying to get the strange ending in Red Fog of Terror(can't remember which one), so I sent out my lvl. 100 Deoxys just to tank a few blows for all of the turns. Then, he got confused and beat himself up into a bloody pulp, before fainting. This happened three times. In a row.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Sorry to say, but this doesn't specifically discuss anything within the Fifth Generation, and is more or so a general Pokemon gaming topic, so I'll actually be moving this to the Pokemon Gaming Central section, for now. c:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I accidentally ran from a Shiny Medicham, with the excuse of "running to Mt. Coronet"...the thing looks awesome with purple colours ;-;

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
It's not really anything special but I once got paralyzed 5 times in a row xD
Still managed to win the battle somehow.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
In pokemon pearl I was battling with my togetic and the text box appeared with no words in it. which is really the weirdest thing I have had in pokemon to date.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Found a shiny. Had no Pokeballs. Trust me. THAT DID JUST HAPPEN

Lol same. Or rather, I had 1 Ultra Ball. And all my pokémon were overlevelled for the area bar one, which was underlevelled. So I used about 8 hyper potions whilst trying to whittle down this Machoke's health...then Ultra Ball failed. That and how fire-type pokémon in the Battle Pyramid seemed to be immune to Meteor Mash. Like seriously, I didn't manage to hit a wild pokémon with that move for the entirety of my second challenge.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I found a shiny Nidorina in SoulSilver's Safari Zone. Much to my surprise, I caught it after 2 Safari Balls, since I was afraid that it would flee.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I got Pokerus in SoulSilver about a week or so ago. I was amazed that I actually noticed it when Nurse Joy told me, because my SS is in Japanese which I cannot read. I just noticed she was talking to me longer than normal, so I checked and sho nuff hoss!! This is an even bigger deal than it normally would be because in my Japanese Black 2, I got Pokerus, but didn't notice it till it was too late to pass on to other Pokemon. So yeah, glad I noticed it this time!

Years
When I was playing HeartGold for the first time, I actually bought a used copy, but ignored the whole "you can't overwrite the save file" if you just start a new game. So, I went along my merry way and started playing, only to run into a Geodude with Pokerus about half an hour in. It was the first time I'd found any Pokemon with Pokerus without getting it traded to me, but then it dawned on me that I wouldn't even be able to save my progress, so it was lost forever.

The other "that did not just happen" moment I had is one I don't feel as bad about as I was playing a ROM, but I might've thrown my GBA against the wall if it happened on a real game. I was just going through Fire Red, and had gotten to the old man who shows you how to catch Pokemon. Sure, I'd only caught a few thousand in my day, but I guess I had to learn from the master himself. And when he went into his demonstration, this shiny Weedle showed up. I was left powerless as he caught it, knowing that I probably wouldn't see another shiny again for a long time.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I had just learned how to chain and was going after Ponyta (though I don't particularly like them, I do like the shiny form).
I was seriously like three encounters in, and walked to the next patch. It was just a normal shaking patch.

Boom shiny Ponyta anyway. :D
My first RE shiny that I actually wanted haha.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Have you ever had a moment like that? Where you just stare at your DS like "No. That didn't just happen. I dreamed the last ten seconds of my life." Okay, a little exagerrated, but you get the point.

For me, it would be when I was facing my friend...with certain victory ahead! He switches into his final pokemon, an Amoongus and then...a critical hit wipes out my lead pokemon. He somehow manages to poision, then crit with a giga drain EVERY time. And every time, my pokemon die and his Amoongus just kept regaining HP. The battle quickly went from 6-1 to 1-1. I ended up winning, but it was still pretty ridiculous.

Also, when I was in PokeStar studios, I was trying to get the strange ending in Red Fog of Terror(can't remember which one), so I sent out my lvl. 100 Deoxys just to tank a few blows for all of the turns. Then, he got confused and beat himself up into a bloody pulp, before fainting. This happened three times. In a row.

Yeah I have that "SCREW THIS" moment everytime I'm playing Voltorb Flip in HG/SS.

Seriously, why does Gamefreak expect anyone in the 10-yr old age group (majority that plays this game) to actually figure out how to play a cross between Picross and Minesweeper?

That's as stupid as expecting your baby to start walking the second it comes outta the womb. They really dropped the ball on that one.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha...I tried Minesweeper when I was ten. Was awful at it. Still am actually, but Voltorb Flip is slightly easier. Love that mini-game.
Finding Pokérus was another moment for me. I've had it about 3 times - once on Emerald (post-defeating Steven, so no biggy, as I didn't EV train), once on Diamond (my first pokémon I ever EV-trained was the Dragonite that caught it xD) and then again two years ago on HeartGold. Gave it to my entire team, always put them in the PC at night. They've still got it. Not really hard though, they've been sat in the Platinum PC since Jan/Feb last year.

Years
I came across a Shiny Onix yesterday (only the second shiny I have ever encountered in the wild) in Silver and tried to work down its HP but ended up fainting it.
And then I realised I had a few cloned Masterballs with me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I was tracking back in the game to catch Pokemon I didn't have the time to even bother catching. I got 5 crit captures in around 20 minutes. That's a lot for me.
Also, I check the stats of my Pokemon in the stat judges for the heck of it. Then the Shelmet I just caught on a whim had 3 Max IVs and outstanding potential. Really awesome stuff. :D

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I got a weird copy of Platinum (probably glitched) where my Togepi hatched shiny without the shimmer and all the Gligar in the wild looked shiny with no shimmer.

Years
Have you ever missed catching a Shiny Pokemon?

Yesterday I came across a Shiny Onix at Victory Road while playing Silver. This was only the second time I'd seen a Shiny Pokemon (barring those Red Gyarados). So I tried to work down it's health but accidentally fainted it.
I don't like the Shiny Onix' colour but a shiny's a shiny. It'll probably be a few months before I get to see a shiny again. ;-;

Have you ever missed catching a Shiny?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Somehow, no. I'm always paranoid that it will happen, though, so I keep plenty of great or ultra balls around (depending on how far into the game I am).

I did forget about my shiny Bidoof, though, and deleted the save file. Didn't bother me much, honestly.

Nakala Pri

There are so many!! Like after two hours of searching, I found Feebas!(did not tell my sister) I was about to take out a Poke ball before I found out I DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE ONE LEFT!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!

Back