• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I actually really liked Vanillish line but I dislike Garbodor, not just because it's a trash Pokemon but because it's just not something I like. Saying stuff like "its an ice cream Pokemon" or "it's a pile of trash" isn't really valid because...
Spr_5b_102.png
Spr_4p_089.png

We have eggs and a pile of sludge... if these were new Pokemon would you just accept them? No, probably not. lol.
Those people are blinded by nolstalga and can't except something different from their dear little game featuring a dragon that looks like Barney the dinosaur.

I can't really say my favourite Pokemon of this gen, but I cannot stand Kyurem and it's terrible formes. Why won't game freak leave good Pokemon like Zekrom and mutate it (or in this case, merging) into something that looks so unnatural.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
My favorite has to be Minccino (and Cinccino). They're so cute. ;o; Least favorite is Heatmor. I forget it exists most of the time. Plus it's pretty worthless. );

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
The 5th gen pokemon are certainly...unique, to say the least. I do have quite a few favorites though!

Spoiler:

I personally think there were quite a few good designs for Gen 5 XD

buuuut then the bad ones pop into my head
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
If I have to pick one favorite, I'd have to say Keldeo! <3
But I love a LOT of Pokemon from gen 5, actually. I really like the diversity, and I really like how a good number of the Pokemon are based off of what you'd find in New York (some of the best ice cream, stray cats, pigeons, garbage bags littering the street, etc.).

The only design I can say I dislike off the top of my head is perhaps Watchog. Patrat is kind of cute, but something about Watchog's skinny little body and terrifying bloodshot eyes never appealed to me.

Years
I like Chandelure/Litwick they sooo cute :F Also Emolga and hydreigon. Least favourates are Swanna an Ducklette. The names are sooo complex. Must have taken them months to think of those >.>

xelarator

Gentlemen.
Years
My favorite 5th Gen pokemon would be Samurott. Why? Because it hides a Big Freakin Sword in his armor, that's why.

My LEAST favorite would be.....Derp Fish. Not "OH I HATE YOU YOUR UGLY, GO AWAY" kind of hate, but I can think of other pokemon that I like better than Stunfisk. Plus it's derpy, but the good kind of derpy.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
My favorite's Gothorita. It's mostly because of it's design. Haven't been a big fan of Psychic Pokemon, so she and Kirlia are the only ones I like (and use). They did make me explore the type a bit, as I started using Alakazam in SoulSilver, mostly because the whole WTC was new to me and made me get the Pokemon who evolve after trading.

There aren't any Pokemon I dislike in that Gen, except for Cofagrigus, but that's just because I had a hard time against it because I didn't have good dark moves. As a Pokemon, I don't dislike it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Swanna an Ducklette. The names are sooo complex. Must have taken them months to think of those >.>
I actually get that one immediately. Ducklett (correct spelling) is a Water Pokémon that evolves into Swanna. Think about the story of the Ugly Duckling here. Ducklett is the ugly, Swanna is the beautiful swan at the end of the story. Swanna has become my Flying Pokémon namely because it provides the water element for my team when I'm travelling, and that Water element is enhanced by Surf (yes, I gave it two perfect HM moves). While I don't have a specific favourite, Swanna is near the top.

Cyclone

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Black was my first pokemon game (my parents didn't want me to know that pokemon existed) so I didn't have any real expectations so I like most of the designs, but my favorite are:
Serperior- It's my first pokemon ever and despite most my friends saying that you should get rid of starters thay all say that I should keep mine because it beasts.
Gigalith- It's was my first shiny and there is a funny story that goes along with it: I was in my algebra 2 class trying to get through victory road when a blue boldore appears. I lean over to my pokemon mentor (remember it was my first pokemon game. I was clueless) and say"Why is this boldore blue?". He starts flipping out saying "what the crap! Let me see!... No way it's a shiny!" I ask him whats a shiny and he explains how there is like a 1/800,000 chance in encountering one. He then proceeds to go around to everyone of his pokemon friends eachone giving oohs and awws while I'm just sitting there clueless to whats happening. Sorry for the long story, but I just never seen anyone flip out for one pokemon before.
Haxorus- I think it looks cool and it completely owns.
Now for the ones that I don't care for.
Gothitelle- It looks too human and just plain wierd.
Amoongus- Why does it have the pokeball on its head?
Simipour- It's just...creepy.
So those are my favorite and least favorite.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Gigalith- It's was my first shiny and there is a funny story that goes along with it: I was in my algebra 2 class trying to get through victory road when a blue boldore appears. I lean over to my pokemon mentor (remember it was my first pokemon game. I was clueless) and say"Why is this boldore blue?". He starts flipping out saying "what the crap! Let me see!... No way it's a shiny!" I ask him whats a shiny and he explains how there is like a 1/800,000 chance in encountering one. He then proceeds to go around to everyone of his pokemon friends eachone giving oohs and awws while I'm just sitting there clueless to whats happening. Sorry for the long story, but I just never seen anyone flip out for one pokemon before.
Nice story, but why were you playing Pokémon in Algebra class? Your teacher wasn't aware of your DS being shown to other people?

Gothitelle- It looks too human and just plain wierd.
I actually noticed that it looked like a beautiful woman wearing a dress. What makes this sad is that mine is male. I had to catch a female Gothita later to breed Miracle Eye into a Gothita Egg.

Amoongus- Why does it have the pokeball on its head?
Foongus too. They are meant to look like items in the Route, so they act like fake items. The design was intentional based on the appearance of an item on the Route.

Cyclone

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
I like a lot of them, but Scraggy and Scrafty caught my eyes almost instantly. Eventually I opened up to some others and I began to love Oshawott, so it is sort of tied between the three.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm not much of a fan of Gen 5 myself, which I think I've mentioned a few times :P - so I don't have a lot in the favourites department.

That said, my favourite Unova Pokemon has always been Cofagrigus. There's something awesome about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Plus, the name is really fun to say!

Sirfetch’d

My favorite I would have to say is Jellicent. My least favorite is Golurk, not that it is not powerful, but the design is not to great.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
My favourites are definitely Hydreigon and Volcarona. Good movepool, stats, and design. There quite possibly the only good things to come out from BW.

My least favourite? I think majority of them are. I was never too big on BW.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
My favourites are definitely Scrafty and Eelektross <3 I love the whole design of Scrafty. Eelektross has an awesome movepool and looks really strange xD
Other mentions go to Archeops, Sawsbuck, Volcarona, Zebstrika, Meinshao and Keldeo.
I don't really like the Klink line, it just looks really boring design wise :u Beartic seems like a bit of a waste, it could've looked so much better I think.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
I actually hate the constant criticism to 5th gen. It just doesn't make sense to me. Most just kind of seem to judge based of a few Pokemon especially considering that most the Pokemon are actually based off of animals and fantasy creatures while leaving only about 5 based off of objects. Besides, doesn't change the fact that we had Pokemon in 1st gen that was based off a pile of puke, eggs, and what species is voltorb again? Pokeball with eyes? You guys rip on 5th gen for having an icecream cone, well, I'm surprised it took Gamefreak this long to make a Pokemon based off of icecream!!! D:<

Eh, all joking aside. I have too many favorites from Gen 5. Serperior and Excadrill I believe are my personal favorites and my above all favorites. I'm that really strange reptile guy who would probably keep a pet snake if I could and when Seperior made it's appearance, I so had to have it! Moles are just so awesome and I'm so glad they finally got a Mole Pokemon correctly! xD I also like Emoga, all the other starters, Axew, Deerling, Reshiram, the musketeers legendary trio along with Keldeo, Minccinno, and I should probably slow down till I start naming off too many of them. ._.

As far as a least favorite. I think that vote goes towards Basculen or however you spell it. It just kind of feels like it's just kind of there, lazy design, and absolutely no use. Besides, never been a fan of fish Pokemon anyway (Unless it's Milotic.) ._.

phonastik

Strange Quark
Years
567.png

I love Archeops! First Gen V Pokemon I got to level 100.
498.png

And my first starter, of course.

I dislike Watchog and the genies. Watchog because it's really annoying and the genies because they're pretty much copy/paste.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
567.png

I love Archeops! First Gen V Pokemon I got to level 100.
498.png

And my first starter, of course.

I dislike Watchog and the genies. Watchog because it's really annoying and the genies because they're pretty much copy/paste.

Oh wow, that must've been a challenge! In regards to Archeops, that is. I certainly couldn't get something with that ability to such a high level. tbh that kinda put me off liking Archeops, or using it even competitively because yeah it's a bird but it doesn't really have a great design and has a sucky ability. ;(

30k.

Back