• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2015
Try trashing the save file. Oh, and do a reset WITHOUT loading a save state.

Well here is the whole story, i am on my ipod touch and am using the emulator gpsphone,
more info about my problem here: ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251118

Thanks,

Awesome761

martauros

Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever
Years
It looks nice, but I guess you could include a bit more houses...
And are those trainers on the beach?

I wonder why the house on the beach doesn't have a door?

It's only my speculation, but:
I think that in the city no trainers appear, so those are just "citizens":)
House on the beach can have no door, coz it can be like the house on the beach on Route 109 near Slateport

NatureKeeper

100+? Wow that is crazier than Luminous Yellow, Gary Round 2.... It is 100, not 100+.

Evilpkmn

Evilmad says Bonjour
Years
We CAN finish this game , by playing 300+ hours XD !
I look foward fight against this champion !

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
Years
Interesting idea XD. That's gonna be tough.
So, can we look forward to South Rijon or Naljo as well?

btw after I've finished 1st beta my team is:
Speerine (speed/marine - Seadra) lv. 63
Steeltress (steel/fortress - Metagross) lv. 64
Crustroy (crush/destroy - Tyranitar) lv. 58
Dewil (devil - Crobat) lv. 62
Flagon (flame/dragon - Charizard) lv. 61
Buzzeptric (buzz/zap/electric - Ampharos) lv. 63

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
That seems like a very detailed feature. While minor, it makes the game more interesting. Is there a day/night system implemented? If so could the pokemon that appear there change depending on the time of day and weather?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I was intrigued reading about your weather system. So much, in fact, that I decided to go to work implementing it. This is what I got:
Code:
'----------------------------------------------------------------
' Natural Weather Script
' By colcolstyles
' 10/17/2009
' As the player moves from one map to the next, the weather has
' the possibility of changing. Both the type of weather that
' might begin and the odds of a change occurring depend on
' the current weather (actual odds given in script). This script
' also contains an available option for manual override; the
' hacker can (by setting the OVERRIDE flag) specify a particular
' weather to be used, thus deactivating the random weather.

#erase 0x800000 0x100
#dynamic 0x800000

#define V_WEATHER 0x7000
#define V_RANDVAR 0x7001
#define F_OVERRIDE 0x500
#define W_SUNNY 0x2
#define W_CLOUDY 0xB
#define W_RAIN 0x3
#define W_THUNDER 0xD

#org @main
compare F_OVERRIDE B_TRUE
if B_== goto @manual
random 0x14
copyvar V_RANDVAR LASTRESULT
compare V_WEATHER W_SUNNY
if B_== call @sunnyscript
compare V_WEATHER W_CLOUDY
if B_== call @cloudyscript
compare V_WEATHER W_RAIN
if B_== call @rainscript
compare V_WEATHER W_THUNDER
if B_== call @thunderscript
doweather
end

#org @sunnyscript
compare V_RANDVAR 0x1 ' 2/20 chance of becoming cloudy
if B_<= goto @becomecloudy
compare V_RANDVAR 0x2 ' 1/20 chance of spontaneous rain
if B_<= goto @becomerainy
setweather W_SUNNY ' 17/20 chance of remaining the same
return

#org @cloudyscript
compare V_RANDVAR 0x4 ' 5/20 chance of becoming sunny
if B_<= goto @becomesunny
compare V_RANDVAR 0xE ' 10/20 chance of becoming rainy
compare V_RANDVAR 0x11 ' 3/20 chance of thunderstorm
if B_<= goto @becomethunder
setweather W_CLOUDY ' 2/20 chance of remaining the same
return

#org @rainscript
compare V_RANDVAR 0x2 ' 3/20 chance of thunderstorm
if B_<= goto @becomethunder
compare V_RANDVAR 0xA ' 8/20 chance of rain stopping but remaining cloudy
compare V_RANDVAR 0xC ' 2/20 of rain cutting out completely
if B_<= goto @becomesunny
setweather W_RAIN ' 7/20 chance of remaining the same
return

#org @thunderscript
compare V_RANDVAR 0xC ' 13/20 chance of reducing to rain
compare V_RANDVAR 0xF ' 3/20 chance of suddenly reducing cloudy
setweather W_RAIN ' 4/20 chance of remaining the same
return

#org @becomesunny
setvar v_WEATHER W_SUNNY
setweather W_SUNNY
return

#org @becomecloudy
setvar V_WEATHER W_CLOUDY
setweather W_CLOUDY
return

#org @becomerainy
setvar V_WEATHER W_RAIN
setweather W_RAIN
return

#org @becomethunder
setvar V_WEATHER W_THUNDER
setweather W_THUNDER
return

#org @manual
setweather V_WEATHER
doweather
end

I thought this would be a lot easier until I realized that FR/LG's scripting language doesn't have elseif statements -_-'
So I made some changes to the control flow and I think I've got it working pretty well. And, as an added bonus, I threw in a few lines of code which allow the player to manually override the script and specify a particular weather that they want on every map. As I'm writing this, I'm thinking that maybe I should expand that feature to allow for people to shut down the script entirely, as in: let the weather be dictated by what is written in each map's header. And, as I was writing that, I think I' figured out how to do it: as I was experimenting with things early on, I found that the script wasn't working at first. I eventually realized that the variable 'V_WEATHER' has to be initialized (I set it to '0x2') for the script to activate. So I guess that's how the hacker can turn it off (and back on by setting it to one of those constants). One last thing: in your outlining of the system, you used 0x1, 0x2, etc. for the various weather effects but I decided to use the values I found in AdvanceMap for them so that I could double the effectiveness of my constants by using them in my 'setweather' statements.
OK I'll shut up now ^_^

By the way, I really like this idea and I was wondering if you would give me permission to use something similar to it if I changed up the odds (I was planning on doing that anyway because there are a few slight tweaks I'd like to make based on my observations while debugging the script)?

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Quite frankly, I'm the one who should be asking you if I can "steal" that script. :P
(And with this vague question-sentence, I'm indeed asking for permission.)
Sure, knock yourself out. After all, you're the one who gave me the idea.
Bonus points for (though I did expect someone to think of it) utilising variables to implement it.
What, exactly, were you planning on using then? Variables were the first and only thing that came to mind when I was writing the script and even looking back, I still can't think of any other way to do it :\
By the way, you're awesome.
Thanks ^_^
That means a lot coming from you.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well actually, I meant to say that it's great that you directly utiliised the already-provided variables from the game. Since I was actually thinking of pre-assigning existing weather conditions and creating variables for them when I wrote the structure, the code ends up being cleaner if you initialise existing variables instead (not to mention, familiar for those who know the weather codes).
I'm a little lost now but at least I can take solace in the fact that I help in one way or another :P

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Also colcolstyles, can I get the exact things you did to get the script working to begin with? :P
Just compile the script and then create a 'setmaptile' (0x01) level script on two maps (I used Pallet Town and Route 1 for convenience). The script will activate upon switching between the two.
Oh yes and you'll also have to initialize the "current weather" variable in order for any possible to changes to occur. For testing purposes, I just gave the guy outside Prof. Oak's lab a script which sets 0x7000 to 0x2 ('sunny').
By the way, I also tested the entering/leaving house functionality and it works :)

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
I keep getting the 00003 error, It keeps saying:

ERROR CODE: 00003
Cannot save the game
The required save memory is not in use.
Please refer to http://rijon.nintendo-net.com/errorcodes.html for more info

I tried what it said, but it did not work at all, I tried setting the save type to "Automatic" and the flash memory type to "Flash 128K" but I still keep getting the error, I need help here!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
@colcolstyles: Ah, a setmaptile script. I should consider making special deviations with that script to allow setmaptile to… plant puddles in certain areas. :P (I was already considering this, but I forgot about it as I rewrote this.)
That's genius! Of course, the script would have to be different for every map as the locations of puddles would vary from map to map. But that's a really neat idea :)

Also, I looked over your latest entry and the idea looks pretty cool. Only, I can't seem to think of any useful function for it :\
There was an issue in the old RHN that demonstrated how one could use 'writebytetooffset' to change the pointer to the player's OW in the RAM to another OW. Using that method would eliminate some of the glitches present with the '0x0B' behavior method, leading me to believe that the '0x0B' method doesn't have any benefits.

Though if you're interested I found out that when the player switches control to the "0x0B NPC", their range of movement is limited. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the available walking range is dependent on the value in the 'Movement' byte in AdvanceMap. As I'm sure you're already aware, that byte controls how many tiles a NPC can move vertically and horizontally. For example, a value of 21 would give the NPC a range like this (behold the amazing ASCII art):
______
|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|
|_|X|_|
|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|

...with the X representing the original location. Anyways, I found that when you switch control from the player to the NPC, the player is limited to only those tiles. Everything else acts as though it's movement permission is '1'. Once I discovered that the Movement byte was the controlling factor, I deducted that the maximum movement range would be 17x17 ('0xFF' (counting the original location)) but if you set the Movement byte to 0x00, then the NPC's range becomes unlimited :O
So I guess that might be useful if you plan on using this.

As a helpful tip, you can use the command 'spritebehave wPeople# bBehaviour#' to change a NPC's behavior byte to '0x0B' at any time.

One thing which I was very disappointed to discover was that 'special 0x8E' doesn't mimic the effect of, say, opening and closing the bag. Nor does 'fadescreen', though (unlike 'special 0x8E') I didn't expect that work in the first place. So unless you can think of some other 'special' (or anything that might emulate the opening and closing of the bag) then we can't control when and where the player switches control to the NPC :\

On a final note, I've been experimenting with the possibility of having two "0x0B NPCs" on the same map but I haven't been able to draw any conclusions so far. Please, let me know if you make any discoveries of your own.

Edit: Whoa, I just found out something more. If you open the Bag again (after you've already "morphed" into the "0x0B NPC" (do you mind if I just start calling them BNPCs?)), you will retain control over that NPC but the OW graphic will change back to that of the Player's default OW. Interesting...

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
That's genius! Of course, the script would have to be different for every map as the locations of puddles would vary from map to map. But that's a really neat idea :)

Also, I looked over your latest entry and the idea looks pretty cool. Only, I can't seem to think of any useful function for it :\
There was an issue in the old RHN that demonstrated how one could use 'writebytetooffset' to change the pointer to the player's OW in the RAM to another OW. Using that method would eliminate some of the glitches present with the '0x0B' behavior method, leading me to believe that the '0x0B' method doesn't have any benefits.

Though if you're interested I found out that when the player switches control to the "0x0B NPC", their range of movement is limited. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the available walking range is dependent on the value in the 'Movement' byte in AdvanceMap. As I'm sure you're already aware, that byte controls how many tiles a NPC can move vertically and horizontally. For example, a value of 21 would give the NPC a range like this (behold the amazing ASCII art):
______
|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|
|_|X|_|
|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|

...with the X representing the original location. Anyways, I found that when you switch control from the player to the NPC, the player is limited to only those tiles. Everything else acts as though it's movement permission is '1'. Once I discovered that the Movement byte was the controlling factor, I deducted that the maximum movement range would be 17x17 ('0xFF' (counting the original location)) but if you set the Movement byte to 0x00, then the NPC's range becomes unlimited :O
So I guess that might be useful if you plan on using this.

As a helpful tip, you can use the command 'spritebehave wPeople# bBehaviour#' to change a NPC's behavior byte to '0x0B' at any time.

One thing which I was very disappointed to discover was that 'special 0x8E' doesn't mimic the effect of, say, opening and closing the bag. Nor does 'fadescreen', though (unlike 'special 0x8E') I didn't expect that work in the first place. So unless you can think of some other 'special' (or anything that might emulate the opening and closing of the bag) then we can't control when and where the player switches control to the NPC :\

On a final note, I've been experimenting with the possibility of having two "0x0B NPCs" on the same map but I haven't been able to draw any conclusions so far. Please, let me know if you make any discoveries of your own.

Edit: Whoa, I just found out something more. If you open the Bag again (after you've already "morphed" into the "0x0B NPC" (do you mind if I just start calling them BNPCs?)), you will retain control over that NPC but the OW graphic will change back to that of the Player's default OW. Interesting...

Yep that's so true. But I have a way which is kinda cheating but it will look like you are controlling an npc, but you will not be able to interact with scripts. But it won't wear off. :P

Hiroshi, if you're interested PM me (or for ease add my MSN, I'm more on there than I am PC).

BeyondYourImagination

I'am Pokemon Trainer
Years
Pokemon Rijon Adventure

I can manage that level "60 -or even 100+"
i only got 64 Pokemon, and im using 5, training 2 of them (Kadabra lv.61 - Zapdos lv.61 - Articuno lv.50 - Lairon lv.34 - Machoke lv50)
and im still moving on to the Warehouse in Botan Outskirts.

a hard Pokemon Game i ever encounter
thanks Founder

cheeerzzzz!!!

i'm confused about this....
any supreme pokemon appeared on Rijon? like Darkrai,Celebi ect

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
celebi wasnt in the normal fire red, but i dont think it wont obey. i thought deoxys was the only one.

Back