• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official D/P/Pt WTF moment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendmaster#1

Tamer of Legends
Years
When i thought it would be funny to try to be stubborn and beat Rorark with my only pokemon...my trusty Chimchar. I swore i wouldn't catch any other pokemon and that way I'd have a lv 100 Infernape halfway through the game. I was expecting it to take me forever to beat the first gym since Rock>Fire

it was literally like this

Go chimchar!
chimchar used ember on geodude...critical hit!
geodude used rock throw...the attack missed!
chimchar used ember on geodude.
geodude fainted.
chimchar wants to learn flame wheel
chimchar learned flame wheel
Gym Leader Rorark sent out Onix!
chimchar used flame wheel...critical hit!
onix fainted!
(then he said all the s*** about craniados)
chimchar used ember...craniados was burned!
craniados used headbutt!
(i used potion)
craniados used headbutt...the attack missed
he is hurt by his burn
craniados used headbutt...the attack missed
he is hurt by his burn
Rorark used full heal
(DAMNIT!!!!)
chimchar used ember
chimchar used flame wheel...critical hit
craniados fainted

HOW COULD YOU NOT SAY WTF AFTER THAT!?!?!?!?!?!

Years
I was trying to gain a Silcoon yesterday so I put a Cascoon out for trade on the GTS. I checked it tonight and I received a Japanese level 34 Silcoon with Harden. I couldn't believe it. I released it almost instantly as I had managed to obtain a Silcoon earlier today using the daylight evolution method.

(:

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
Years
When my level 9 Turtwig lost to a level 5 Starly x_x

Luckily my level 9 Starly creamed the other Starly.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So I went into the Elite Four on Pearl with intent to lose but get experience. My team was Flareon, Jolteon , Vaporeon, Weavile, Lucario, and Crobat, all level 52.

I beat the entire Elite Four.

I then was like "Oh, I'm so gonna lose to Cynthia."

I beat her too.

My team came out four level 53s and two level 54s. I could not believe it.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
In Diamond: I caught a Murkrow who's ability was Insomnia. When I evolved it into Honchkrow, the ability was suddenly Super-Luck.

Are abilities supposed to change like that when they evolve, or is Super-Luck the only Ability Honchkrow can have?

Either way, it was one of those moments...

WaterSplash

Common
Years
When I was in the Battle Hall on Platinum and going through fairly well on a 25 battle win streak and for the next trainer I picked Ghost type and the opponent had a Shedinja. And I didn't have a single attack that could hit it, so I lost to a Pokémon with 1 HP. Lame.

Future_Chaos

Obsessed with Eelektross
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
When I was using the walk-though-walls code on my AR and I walked in some water with Marley and this invisible shiny, lv. 0, glitch thing came up. :U

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
Years
When my Aipom evolved my reaction was "WTF?"

JK. My real WTF moment was when I was playing Platinum for the first time and I had just got into Veilstone City with Grotle as my last Pokemon. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the person standing in front of the Pokemon center desk was a trainer and I lost the battle and was sent all the way back to the last Pokemon center I had visited which was for some reason in Eterna City.

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
Years
Who remembers the signs behind the beds in Galatic HQ?

XDDDD Also, the sign outside the Warehouse (je pense), the fridge and the sink. All from Galatic HQ.

FlamingThunder

Years
I used my "walk through walls" cheat. When I went to Spear Pillar, a tag battle will occur, right? WRONG! When I interacted with Barry AND Cyrus, they didn't respond. When I talked to Mars and Jupiter...they talked like the tag battle is finished! WTF! I didn't even tag-battle..huhuhuh

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
I was soft-resetting for an Adamant-Natured Piplup in Platinum, and it only took me 2 resets to get it. A good WTF moment, but still...

Another thing that happened was during the first in-game rival battle after picking the previously-mentioned Piplup. The rival kept using Withdraw until I could only do 1 HP damage a turn. Soon, I was down to 1 HP myself. The Rival's Turtwig used Tackle 3 times while I kept Pound-ing away. All 3 Tackles missed and I ended up winning. 95% Tackle accuracy FTW!

Years
when i was running thru some route to get to Veilstone City i think it was, i ran through one patch of grass and i get into a battle with a shiny Kadabra. threw an ultra ball, FAIL and the kadabra teleported -.- i was like, srsly... WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back