• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Hmm, there good, but your missing some grass patches in Route 36. Either than that, their pretty good.

I cant wait to see more Merto designs. I've yet to see any route screenshots from Merto =P

Depends what you look at. If you're looking at Crystal, you're right. If you're looking at Gold/Silver, I'm right. Not a huge issue really, FRLG obliterated some patches of grass from the originals of RBY. I think in Crystal, that patch of grass was badly placed because it was inconsistent with the rest of the route in terms of what wild Pokémon would appear due to that part of Route 36 next to Violet being open long before the rest of it is (darn that Sudowoodu!).

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Dunno about another beta, I want a scripter :(

More mappage!

New Bark updated with Whitey's lab! Sorry Pyro, Whitey's just fitted into the town a bit better!

Route 32

Route 33

Azalea Town

Ilex Forest

Enjoy!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Cool lab design in New Bark... I prefer it I guess.

You want a scripter to work in which systems?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2009
oke i understan so wen would be a posibble release.

i have to say nice tiles. and i like the day and night function

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I think we're like everyone else in this business tbh, we need someone developing the battle system and PC system. We got a battle implemented for the demo as some will have noticed, but it was really buggy and incomplete, and I'm thinking we need a new one built from scratch. We're probably in a better position than most fangames in terms of overall development, but the implementation is being killed by lack of scripters' assistance.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
hey fang, have you got music which takes up a lot of space? just send them to me, and i will try and get rid of a lot of MB and still try and keep the quality, so you will have a lot of space to work on.

Fang, if i knew how to script i would help you a lot on it. i will try and learn how to script in RMXP, although i dont even know how to do it in Game Maker XD

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
Years
Interesting stuff you got there Fanking. I'm sure this G/S/C version is going to be great ^^ All mappage I've seen so far is nice also, especially the new lab in New Bark. Keep up the good work ;)

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
I'm making a hack that follows the path of silver during G/S/C. I hope you don't view it as plaijerism. Awesome game! I seriously just looked at every pokemon. Its great.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Don't worry about it, good luck with your project :)

NOW THEN...

Time for possibly the best news update you guys have had in a while.

We've recently recruited Baskinein as our scripter. This guy is a GENIUS, and very hardworking. Extremely talented with what he does - he's already set up the basic data for Pokémon, including IVs, EVs, base EXP, growth rates, evolution, base stats... wow, he's just good XD

He's building a fully functional Pokémon system and has already made good headway. He's our first actual scripter to officially join the SilverGlance Inc. Team, as all previous scripters who've contributed to the project have been collaborators.

Our old systems were deemed far too buggy, and Baskinein has taken it upon himself to build the core of the game from scratch, certainly no mean feat!

His current task is the features of the Pokémon menu.

Baskinein said:
000% -- POKéDEX
070% -- POKéMON
000% -- BAG
000% -- POKéGEAR
100% -- TRAINERCARD
070% -- SAVE
100% -- EXIT

Currently Working on:
A good portion of the POKéMON menu is done, still have a fair amount left though.

SCREENSHOTS:

POKéMON MENU

TRAINER CARD

For the purposes of testing the systems, he gave Fly to his Bulbasaur XD And yes we know Venusaur is spelt wrong there. We're simply showing off the functionality of the menu.

The addition of Baskinein to our team has prompted an immediate response from the ever-excellent SilverGlance Inc. team. I will make special reference to Pyro's exceptional work on the menu system graphics (including Pokédex, bag and Pokégear pages), Whitey's enthusiastic work on buildings for the overworld, KangasKid's superb sprites and BlasterBoy's cool Pokédex entries, and Chizzy and Jake made an excellent start to the Pokémon icons. Baskinein's also keeping me on my toes with requests for the objects he needs to make the systems as well as the information. There seems to be a new level of organisation and efficiency in the team, and progress is better than ever.

So, what do I personally have to show?

A couple of maps.

A true labour of love, this may be my best map to date. This is Overlake City.

Hours have been spent on the gfx and map itself. Creating the rock formations was a nightmare, but it came good in the end. Whitey can take responsibility for the SUM Headquarters building, the houses are Mateo's as are the dam and Water Purification Plant that you can see partly to the north, and the platforms are mine.

The city is now actually a city built OVER a lake. Before, this place appeared to be a bunch of islands in the middle of a watery crater. There was no lake, and the city was barely above the water :P

That is now rectified in this monster of a map.

And finally completed is Mezereon City.

A long time ago I stated my intention to revamp Mezereon City and turn it from a bustling, bright and lively city into a grungy, gloomy, polluted city.

The final product is this. All of the buildings are now in place, and the revamped game corner is created almost from scratch by Mateo.

The Aspen Co building has undergone a minor alteration to give it some FRLG graphical traits.

Obviously, the brighter buildings are the ones that the council actually spend money on to generate income for the city, such as the mall and the game corner. The main houses and the city are crummy, and that factory kicks out fumes like there's no tomorrow, to such an extent that a thin haze is observed as you walk around the city

Cheers for your ongoing support - not only are we one of the longer lasting projects on the scene, we're possibly the most alive right now ;)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
glad to see you guys have got a scripter now, it looks like Acanthite is back on track and will soon be one of the best, if not THE best Pokemon fan game to be produce ever... i cant wait to see more of Baskinein, by the look of things you do have a scripting genius on your hands, finally. lol good luck mate.

.Minor.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
OK.

We're getting somewhere here ;) We're moving faster than we've moved in a while.

Now, we've got people doing good jobs all over the field which is great to see, but there's some things that need considering.

We NEED stats for all of the new Pokémon, and for this job we want somebody with a firm understanding of the mechanics of Pokémon:

- Rounded and feasible base stats that correspond to the style of the Pokémon in question.
- Growth rate of the Pokémon
- Egg group
- Steps taken to hatch eggs
- Evolution level/method
- (In some cases only, this is usually not that applicable) Percentage of a held item being attached to Wild Pokémon.
- Moves learned at what levels, which TMs can be learned, and possible breeding moves.
- Ability/abilities of the Pokémon
- Base EXP given from defeating the Pokémon
- Which EVs this Pokémon gives when defeated

As can be seen, this is a demanding task that will require a great deal of thought and time.
Remember that our current starters are being scrapped, so do not bother doing these just now.

We need a better compilation of TMs. Our number is going to be 92, like in DP, but will be a new set. Some old TMs will be the same, sure, but an update is needed. Some consideration must be taken, not all TM moves should be godly. If need be, contact me for information on new moves but you will find them kicking around the appropriate section of our forum :)

We have a few of the Pokémon menu sprites courtesy of Maneachicken and Jake, but we DO need all of them, and they need to have 2 frames of animation. Each of these frames must be saved into separate files of equal dimensions, and saved with a suffix of (***)-1 and (***)-2. The (***) represents the number of the Pokémon.

Also, if somebody would be able to rip all of the existing Pokémon menu sprites with both of their frames and save them in exactly the same way, this would be extremely helpful.

It may seem like a lot of stuff to do, but the reason we're succeeding so far is due to team effort. There's just a bit too much for our current active team members to handle alongside their other tasks, and I'm just plain lazy. XD Ok that's not entirely true, but this kinda thing would run extremely efficiently if we were to recruit others onto these tasks.

In other news, we're expecting an update from Baskinein on the scripting front very soon :) Watch this space

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
We've had no possible HM ideas, actually. We want to bring Whirlpool back, but at the expense of what? As there are only 8 badges, thus 8 HMs and we wanna incorporate Dive and Waterfall.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
hmmm, well, it can always work.

cut, rocksmash, dive, waterfall, whirlpool.

Those are 5 main HMs. Of course, your probably have more needed. Only an idea =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back